The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Narine’s Pelting

FanAttick 2022-09-10 15:46:44 

Acceptable in club lickit but not allowable in International lickit?

Interesting

sgtdjones 2022-09-10 15:50:47 

Let us wait for and see when he plays International Cricket.

Couch Umpires shouldn't make such calls....

He has been cleared by tests done in England.

Dukes 2022-09-10 15:51:37 

In reply to FanAttick

How else yuh hexpeck fuh get them sweet Julie mangoes!!!!!!

doosra 2022-09-10 15:53:25 

In reply to sgtdjones

he will continue to refuse selection because of 'behind the scenes things'

shameless

granite 2022-09-10 15:53:49 

In reply to sgtdjones

Dem cyah handle Narine and then turn to wild accusations,Narine has been cleared by most umpires and followers,mek dem gwan wid dem bad self. lol lol lol

doosra 2022-09-10 15:55:08 

In reply to granite

why is he not showing up for intl cricket

allyuh blinded by insularity

or just bline

granite 2022-09-10 15:56:59 

In reply to Dukes
Unu have sweeta than Julie mango,arks Renford Beaton.

lol lol lol

doosra 2022-09-10 15:58:46 

'champion bowler'

'supreme skills'

these sing-songers are shameless

jahmekyah 2022-09-10 15:58:53 

It was very obvious today

Halliwell 2022-09-10 16:02:47 

In reply to jahmekyah

You world class experts will make the technology, university professors and laws obsolete big grin

sgtdjones 2022-09-10 16:09:34 

In reply to doosra

Narine has noted on numerous occasions that he is working on his bowling .
When selected he has said he is not ready.

Posters announced he has been selected for WC T20 recently....

Let us see what happens... cool

granite 2022-09-10 16:11:21 

In reply to doosra
He has all rights to do as he wants,he doesn't fall into the category of spinners who were begging to be part of West Indian cricket a fact you can recall.What makes it worse is a fact that he was under suspicion of pelting one ball,"under suspicion",so much technology and yet it was a suspicion,his action is now changed for all to see but cunts are still out to get him,and most are West Indians,well Mr.Narine tell them to fack off,you play where you wah fi play.

PS We doh need Narine when we have men like Hosein,Piere,Sinclair,Walsh and Warrican, oh lard me forget Motie,sorry doosie. lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2022-09-10 16:22:37 

In reply to granite

I don't have this unique skill to spot pelters by watching TV on a couch or chair.

Narine has noted when he is satisfied with his action, he will make himself available.

So the allegation of why doesn't he play when selected is moot.

Posters tend to make such allegations when Narine is successful against their intramural teams.

Why not give the player some praise or support for his hard work to date, also he pays for his coach.

If he plays for CWI , then let's see what happens.

cool

Castled 2022-09-10 16:29:51 

In reply to doosra

'champion bowler'

to call that particular indivual 'bowler' is a misnomer

to call the pitch 'the best' is inaccurate ask Jangoo

commies gun shy

lol

googley 2022-09-10 16:32:27 

In reply to sgtdjones

you are really saying you cannot tell if Narine is pelting or not, right?

So which current/past international player you know for sure is/was pelting?

sgtdjones 2022-09-10 16:47:07 

In reply to googley

I will not call any player for pelting by watching Television on a couch.
Read various allegations of English, Australian, South African, West Indian, Sri Lankan, and New Zealand players for pelting.
Some were called, others not, owing to their powerful Boards.

I leave such to The Powers that be..ICC...

If Narine is called so be it.

granite 2022-09-10 16:50:45 

In reply to doosra

Yuh getting too personal,a country people accent is part of their culture and making a mockery of a culture is not on,many on here are quite educated and are loaded with facts,don't mock.

Dukes 2022-09-10 16:53:04 

In reply to granite

Beaton pelting is not disputed.

doosra 2022-09-10 17:05:57 

In reply to granite

my apologies big grin

Dukes 2022-09-10 17:34:46 

In reply to sgtdjones

Here is the reality.

1.Sunil Narine is the most economical and successful West Indian slow bowler in T 20 cricket.
2.Sunil Narine seems to make himself UNAVAILABLE for International cricket
3.Sunil Narine has been reported by ICC umpires
4.Sunil Narine to the naked eye of many, including myself has a very iffy action.

The conclusion to be drawn from the above is that Sunil Narine is afraid of being called by an ICC umpire and thus torpedoing his extremely lucrative franchise cricket career.

Now are you telling us that the above is unreasonable?

tops 2022-09-10 17:51:30 

In reply to sgtdjones
"Narine has noted when he is satisfied with his action, he will make himself available."
Ah, he is satisfy with his action for franchise cricket, but not International.
I had a big debate with my friend re Narine and Y he is not playing for WI. His argument was, U have International umpires playing in IPL and they C nothing wrong with his action.
Now I can go back to him with the above quote re Narine will play when he is satisfy. big grin big grin

Dukes 2022-09-10 17:55:38 

In reply to tops

His argument was, U have International umpires playing in IPL and they C nothing wrong with his action.

No umpire in the IPL is going to call any player for the simple reason that he will be booted out of the IPL.

granite 2022-09-10 19:11:38 

In reply to sgtdjones

So true about posters,they only start to charge Narine for pelting when it's their team who loses a wicket to said bowler.I can understand doosra also joining the cry of pelting,he is even in agony about Trini accent,but I do know that he is a happy bloke as TKR lost the match.
Those who blatantly siddung in dem rass front room, and say Narine pelting have super vision,they can say even how many degrees he went over the mark.
lol lol lol

doosra 2022-09-10 19:17:19 

In reply to granite

oh nothing sweeter than watching you sing-song lot whine and wail big grin

TheTrail 2022-09-10 21:04:23 

Narine can hide his bowling hand behind his back before delivery until the cows come home; whenever he releases the ball, it still comes out as a pelt.

I missed Buckner!!! He would have given Narine the same treatment he gave to Shillingford.

sgtdjones 2022-09-10 21:46:11 

In reply to Dukes

Duksie ole bwoy...my response

Here is the reality.

1.Sunil Narine is the most economical and successful West Indian slow bowler in T 20 cricket.

Ok ...so..?

2.Sunil Narine seems to make himself UNAVAILABLE for International cricket

Let's regress..he was called owing to BCCI pressure before a tourney. WICB didn't come to his aid. T&TCB laughed at Narine's position( Bassarath and his minions)
WIPA made comments about such. His Club in India plus QPCC were the only ones to support him. Narine used his own money got a coach and worked tirelessly to get accredited ICC approval from England and Australian Labs. It took time till he was comfortable with his bowling.
When selected he noted to the ADMINISTRATORS he was not ready. Wherein lies the problem?.
In the interim, he has played in India and before accredited ICC umpires.

3.Sunil Narine has been reported by ICC umpires

Yes, he has but not with his remodeled bowling. He has been looked at closely in India.

4.Sunil Narine to the naked eye of many, including myself has a very iffy action.

How many International players have been alleged to be iffy to the naked eye from Couch Umpires ? Did ICC umpires call them out.

I have seen such names as Brett Lee, Dale Steyn, Harbhajan Singh, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Kumar Dharmasena, etc

Shoaib Akhtar (PAK) – in December 1999 but overturned almost immediately

Muttiah Muralitharan forced the ICC to change the rules allowing 15 Degrees.He demonstrated he is capable of bowling with a legal action by wearing a steel reinforced plaster-of-Paris arm guard (which works as a shield against him bending his arm) and bowling all his deliveries correctly.
3 ICC Umpires called this player for his action...then what?

The conclusion to be drawn from the above is that Sunil Narine is afraid of being called by an ICC umpire and thus torpedoing his extremely lucrative franchise cricket career.

The above assumption is moot. Sunil has made over 30 million US dollars to date .

Now are you telling us that the above is unreasonable?

Look at my rebuttal and you will come to the conclusion that Arm Chair Coaches on the couches are clueless.

cool

rillo 2022-09-11 03:19:56 

In reply to doosra

The money he makes on the T20 circuit is not worth coming out o get licks constantly in a maroon shirt.
He has made millions and millions so why play for waste indies?

Dukes 2022-09-11 20:30:34 

In reply to sgtdjones

Look at my rebuttal and you will come to the conclusion that Arm Chair Coaches on the couches are clueless.

It might be a month from now or six months from now or 5 years from now but at some time you will understand what the reality was.

Over the years on this board, many people have come to the truth long after the fact and you will not be the last.

googley 2022-09-11 20:41:57 

In reply to sgtdjones

Narine has noted when he is satisfied with his action, he will make himself available.

Sarge, let me fix that for you.....

Narine has noted when he is satisfied with his Franchise cricket money, he will make himself available.

razz

sgtdjones 2022-09-11 22:39:28 

In reply to Dukes

Duksie

How many International players have been alleged to be iffy to the naked eye from Couch Umpires ? Did ICC umpires call them out.

I have seen such names as Brett Lee, Dale Steyn, Harbhajan Singh, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Kumar Dharmasena, etc

The above is my rebuttal....they were never called

Narine was called based on BCCI , they didn't want to face him in a tourney.
West Indies Board wasn't powerful enough to stop it.

cool

sgtdjones 2022-09-11 22:45:16 

In reply to googley

One must note that his IPL club and QPCC came to his aid when T&TCB laughed.
He used his own money and paid for a coach to help him.

Any player with such dedication should be commended. The IPL umpires also are employed by the ICC
Narine has passed such scrutiny to date. When selected he noted he was a work in progress and not ready...

Narine shows loyalty to his IPL club. He had enough money when called to retire.
So such allegation is moot.

lol

Barry 2022-09-11 23:37:02 

In reply to doosra

why is he not showing up for intl cricket

allyuh blinded by insularity

or just bline

Why Hety don't show up? Periods?

confused

Barry 2022-09-11 23:38:30 

In reply to Dukes

Over the years on this board, many people have come to the truth long after the fact and you will not be the last.

Wow, a doctor who can see truth in Hety but lie in Narine . . . just wow . ..

razz

Barry 2022-09-11 23:39:51 

In reply to TheTrail

I missed Buckner!!! He would have given Narine the same treatment he gave to Shillingford.

When Tendulkar fans done with he, he was shaking like an illiterate Yardie

big grin

sgtdjones 2022-09-11 23:50:09 

In reply to TheTrail

Narine can hide his bowling hand behind his back before delivery until the cows come home; whenever he releases the ball, it still comes out as a pelt.

Now .....

Why didn't your hero Buckner call one of the above?..

ICC would have booted his rass.

JahJah 2022-09-12 04:32:56 

In reply to Barry

When Tendulkar fans done with he, he was shaking like an illiterate Yardie

An illiterate Yardie still more sensible than you. Make of that what you will.

Tendulkar fans

Speaking of illiterate cave dwellers...

BeatDball 2022-09-12 07:55:44 

In reply to JahJah Trogdolytes, as Point would say!

big grin cool

Barry 2022-09-12 12:14:46 

In reply to BeatDball

They live, no thrive in thy … causing intense proctitis… razz

Barry 2022-09-12 13:04:44 

de Kock and Faf not playing for toxic SA- no problem. Sunil not playing for super toxic WI- big problem. Docta Dukes could measure 15 degrees with a jaundiced eye…. confused

FanAttick 2022-09-15 02:14:10 

Bump

sgtdjones 2022-09-15 02:15:47 

In reply to FanAttick

Classic bowling eh....ball turning

razz razz

Narper 2022-09-15 02:16:58 

Philip doing what he does best big grin big grin

Castled 2022-09-15 02:34:57 

In reply to Narper/ stdjones

Is Mayers only player who dismisses Sunil Narine with brutal six hitting?

sgtdjones 2022-09-15 03:05:48 

In reply to Narper

Player of the Match is Sunil Narine: "[Talking about his innings with the bat] It was just about building a partnership and taking it as deep as possible so that Pollard could come in and do what he does best. [Talk at the innings break] We just had to control the Powerplay. It's tough playing in these wet conditions. You want a dry ball but you just want to do what you can when your team needs you."