The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Medics weigh in - re Zverev

Chrissy 2022-09-13 14:05:32 

Will he ever play again

Alexander Zverev was supposed to return to action this week for the first time since Roland Garros. But a new injury, a bone edema, has made the German’s immediate future unclear after he withdrew from Davis Cup play.

“I have a bone edema issue which causes me quite a lot of pain,” Zverev said according to daviscup.com. “I don’t know if it happened yesterday or not but yesterday in practice with Oscar [Otte] it got to the point where I couldn’t run or walk anymore.

“I subsequently found out that it was a bone edema, which means I won’t be able to participate here and it is not a question of days, it is more a question of weeks or most likely even months.”

Zverev has had diabetes since the age of four

Dukes 2022-09-13 22:17:56 

In reply to Chrissy

I know a doctor of 41 years standing and he has never heard of bone edema!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2022-09-13 22:37:01 

In reply to Dukes

I notice Pullo called you a horse doctor , if so I see why you havent heard of such....

lol lol lol

A bone marrow edema — often referred to as bone marrow lesion — occurs when fluid builds up in the bone marrow. Bone marrow edema is typically a response to an injury such as a fracture or conditions such as osteoarthritis.The pain associated with bone marrow edema is often debilitating and may limit function and activities of daily living. Even though the condition will eventually regress on its own, the distress associated with debilitating pain often takes a serious toll on the mental and emotional well-being of patients.

Dukes 2022-09-13 23:37:02 

In reply to sgtdjones

I notice Pullo called you a horse doctor

POPPYCOCK!!!!

I used to be the new Queen's Doctor,so if you want to call her a horse, that is on you!!!!!!