Dat is all

XDFIX 2022-09-17 23:34:26 

In reply to Chrissy

Huh?

TanteMerle 2022-09-17 23:35:07 

In reply to Chrissy

Ravi days gone.

Stop wasting time chatting bout he.

he bowls well 1 or 2 games per series nowadays.

doosra 2022-09-17 23:54:04 

Narine too big grin

Chrissy 2022-09-17 23:57:10 

In reply to TanteMerle
Not talking about now but he should have played more

WIForever 2022-09-18 00:53:51 

In reply to Chrissy

Dem he nah look good on tv back then.

StumpCam 2022-09-18 01:16:10 

In reply to Chrissy

Based on 4 overs of lickit????
In red ball and ODI, at least 10 overs is required from a frontline bowler. razz

velo 2022-09-18 11:20:33 

ravi never payed attention to his fitness which is important in the longer formats

granite 2022-09-18 11:35:57 

In reply to Chrissy

Pleased to see yuh put Tante Merle right,it stood to reason that is what you meant. surprised

Barry 2022-09-18 11:41:47 

In reply to velo

Are you sure, he didn’t fatman? He was prone to injury like his coach cross foot Kenny benjamin… rolleyes

Maispwi 2022-09-18 11:47:41 

In reply to Chrissy

Maybe de coach who bowled him into the ground in de U19 Regional Tournament might have a say in dat

granite 2022-09-18 11:49:06 

In reply to StumpCam
Are you stupid or funny,Chrissy does not mean now,she means when he was younger and capable of bowling better than some.

granite 2022-09-18 12:15:25 

In reply to veloCornwall was 2 and a half Ravi's size and played 9 tests,Ravi played 19,Cornwall played about 5 or more LI cricket,could you fix that fuh meh Mr.Velo if not "on yer bike".

lol lol lol

Barry 2022-09-18 13:10:28 

In reply to granite

Actually 4 times Ravi’s size big grin

velo 2022-09-18 14:16:08 

In reply to granitewhat has cornwall have to do with this post ?two diferent situations cornwall is a spinner and rampaul is a fast bowler tell me which one is more taxing on the body how many times has cornwall been injured compared to rampaul despite as you put it two times the size of rampaul man you and barry should hold hands

Narper 2022-09-18 14:40:30 

In reply to Chrissy
You are right.

The selectors just 'watched' him and classified him as FAT...so they ignored him.

Hence he had no choice than to exile himself in Kolpak English county cricket to make a living for he and his young family.

Not everyone can maintain the 'skinny' look like Shiv, Ambrose or Al Jo.

In his 30s some were calling Lara fat...even as he made 400* at age 34.

Sarwan was classified as FAT...even as he made tons of test runs against ENG in 2009.

We are seeing the same thing happening to Hetty even though we see how agile he is in the field.

I am all for fitness of players...fitness is absolutely essential but not everyone can have the body shape by which some people judge fitness.

Kay 2022-09-18 14:59:56 

When an argument like this is made the names of those who he was overlooked for would help in the discussion...

Chrissy 2022-09-18 15:12:30 

In reply to Maispwi

Maybe de coach who bowled him into the ground in de U19 Regional Tournament might have a say in dat

Correct is right. I was there

Chrissy 2022-09-18 15:13:16 

In reply to Narper

Good post bro

Barry 2022-09-18 15:52:57 

In reply to velo

Fatman, Cornwall is an allrounder
confused

StumpCam 2022-09-18 16:35:07 

In reply to Chrissy

You were there at the 2003 U19 Tournament that Rampaul played in and won in Guyana????
I was certainly there and don’t recall seeing you! razz

Brerzerk 2022-09-18 18:06:39 

He was always good for early wickets, he should've played much more. His batting even improved the more he played for WI. Gibson who said he wasn't fit but did get him fit then dropped him. There was a time when An ODI opening partnership of Ravi n Russell was a damned good one but alas!

Chrissy 2022-09-18 18:30:32 

In reply to StumpCam
I was there in 2002 in Jamaica - he actually took all ten US wickets and a lot of other wickets. I was sharing out CLR's book since they all stayed at UWI.
Another one who started well was Jerome Taylor who got in by accident when another Jamaican was injured

Jumpstart 2022-09-18 20:27:51 

In reply to Chrissy

Chrissyy....i genuinely like you. A cricket fan who understands that its about playing your best players. You know on this website I have argued that the WI pace attack from 2009 go forward would have been Jerome Taylor, the most talented WI bowler since Holding, Fidel, a pace merchant of exhilarating speed and hostility, Ravi, a master of reverse swing and a really aggressive guy when ready and Kemar Roach, who nothing needs to be said about. That quartet would have destroyed line ups......three of those pacemen were capable of bowling over 90mph regularly. Theoretically, if they had stayed together for four years Gabriel, Holder and Alzarri would have come into one of the best lineups in the world. But the WICB is so visionless and vindictive that they undermined three of those men to accommodate Sammy and his other benchwarmers, choosing 2nd string teams until we are left with a 2nd string first team. Imagine some of the bowlers who played for the WI while these quality pacemen were simply not picked: kenroy peters, RTN(the worst of them all) Miguel Cummins(as good at bowling as Courtney Walsh is at batting), Ashley Nurse.......its really upsetting. If WI cricket expires tomorrow, we have no one to blame but ourselves because we had talented players from 2008-2012 who we continually undermined and destroyed their confidence.

velo 2022-09-18 21:05:46 

In reply to Barry

stop it man do you hear your self before you write lol

Chrissy 2022-09-18 21:42:54 

In reply to Jumpstart

I have no nationality when it comes to selecting West Indian players.
National boards, WICB and CWI have destroyed way too many good players.

Let me add that I also think Corey Collymore was neglected by both his home board and the then WICB.

Chrissy 2022-09-18 21:46:31 

In reply to granite
Should have versus should be - ah well lol

Chrissy 2022-09-18 23:57:57 

Mad dem Ravi

shivnotout 2022-09-19 00:01:30 

In reply to Chrissy

white ball cricket.
Dat is all

you want kill amm. he bruck down, he just walk off d field for treatment? lol

Jumpstart 2022-09-19 13:43:19 

In reply to Chrissy

I have no nationality when it comes to selecting West Indian players.
National boards, WICB and CWI have destroyed way too many good players.

Let me add that I also think Corey Collymore was neglected by both his home board and the then WICB.

Indeed. I remember Colleymore's first four day final in 1999. It was smack in between the third test of the Frank Worrell trophy(de 153* match) and the last test in antigua. TV6 broadcasted the game because TT was in the final versus barbados. And Colleymore was quick....unsettlingly quick. He really gave the Trinidad batsmen a workout and Barbados won the game in three days. He got a back injury after his debut test(the fourth test versus Australia a week later) and the man was virtually forgotten for a year or two. When he came back, the accuracy and the guile were still there but the pace was gone. I strongly believe if Corey was English or Aussie, he would have gotten the proper treatment and rehabilitation and he probably would have not lost anything except time. But the WI administrators have no standards. They take once in a lifetime talent and turn it to rubbish

rillo 2022-09-19 13:47:01 

In reply to TanteMerle

He bowls well for one or one and a half overs.
He is not a bowler to bring back at the back end. That is where he is most expensive.
TT should have Seales instead of Ravi in the x1

Larr Pullo 2022-09-19 17:40:46 

In reply to Chrissy

You forget he was injured for a very long time? Yes thouhg, one of our best.

Jumpstart 2022-09-19 18:21:27 

In reply to Larr Pullo

he had a back injury.....other players have had tress fractures and they've come back. Naseem Shah, the 19 year old from Pakistan has had a stress fracture and he's come back bowling at the same pace. I'm absolutely positive he didn't need to be out for three years man.

Chrissy 2022-09-19 18:25:42 

In reply to Jumpstart

They take once in a lifetime talent and turn it to rubbish
THIS

Jumpstart 2022-09-19 18:49:26 

In reply to Chrissy

no im serious....if Australia or SA or even a poor board like SL had the WI talent between 2000 and 2018, they would have had at least one number one test side within that period.

I admit that after 95, we had problems with talent. Bowlers like Patterson Thompson and batsmen like suruj ragoonath, licoln roberts, roland holder and dave joseph just weren't good enough. But after 2000 when men like gayle and sarwan, and especially that ignoramus Marlon Samuels entered the scene, you had dudes who could have made a real mark in cricket. Sarwan was a phenomenal stroke maker and probably one of 4 four batsmen to tame Murali and one of two to do it consistently. Kraigg is not talented but he has belly and Powell had the talent to be a very good batsman. And tiger was averaging over 50 for most of the 2000s. And Darren Bravo was earmarked by Steve Waugh as the next superstar of cricket and averages better than Steve Smith in the subcontinent still.

As i said, Jerome Taylor was the most naturally gifted WI bowler since Holding. Its not an opinion, its a fact. Then you had Roach, who was express for four years before the accident. I remember him retiring Ponting in that 2009 series that Australia won with Bowden's assistance. Ravi Rampaul always blew away the top 3 for very little.....saw it against pakistan, against england and australia. Fidel was also express and extremely hostile. And then Shanon gabriel is express and extremely hostile. Chrissy, can you imagine a pace attack of Taylor, Fidel, Rampaul and Roach? Or an attack of Roach, Gabriel, Taylor and Rampaul? Those attacks that would blow away any lineup anywhere except the ARG. And if the sides were stable, men like Jason and Alzarri and Searles would not have to come into a team where they would have to learn on the job. The senior men would guide them

If the WI team goes extinct tomorrow, the CWI has to take 99 percent of the blame. Their commitment to mediocrity, myopia, general maladministration has kept the WI in the doldrums much longer than it needed to be

Larr Pullo 2022-09-19 18:51:42 

In reply to Jumpstart

he had a back injury.....

And a tendency to gain weight which set him back more than most. TT takes care of their players.

Jumpstart 2022-09-19 19:04:00 

In reply to Larr Pullo

uhh plzzz........ravi came back quicker after his back injury...that's not the issue. and was excellent in 2011 and 2012. Other WI players have had issues with fitness. Tiger was injured every five minutes in the 90s. Sarwan also frequently had injuries. Ravi, like Taylor and Roach had the ability to bowl unplayable deliveries on a consistent basis. The outswinger to Dilshan, the best limited overs batsman at the time, the offcutter to Tendulkar, where SRT walked and Ravi picked up his first ODI fiver in a game a very unbalanced WI team, captained by Sammy, who wasn't good enough to make the team, managed to mess up. Tino is the fittest WI bowler in a generation and he was garbage. And if the quartet i mentioned had played regularly, then there wouldn't be any need for any of them to bowl an extraordinary amount of overs on a regular basis because they would have most teams back in the pavilion before 120 overs were up