link Raskil Joined: Nov 12, 2002
9/21/22, 9:58:00 PM 
In reply to powen001

The man can still baxdown half of them on the team lol

Better dem show respect

link Narper Joined: Jan 3, 2003
9/21/22, 10:01:49 PM 
In reply to Halliwell

I don't like how the great Sir Big PU-C sitting all by himself ...and alone....like at the ground some cant recognize him?

link SnoopDog Joined: Jan 23, 2004
9/21/22, 10:02:02 PM 
In reply to powen001

him mek Hety more nervous than a virgin on prom night it seems

I’m telling Jesus on you Bro. lol

link doosra Joined: May 25, 2004
9/21/22, 10:02:25 PM 
In reply to Narper

i think is presence...they probably don't know how to relate to the big man big grin

link StumpCam Joined: Dec 31, 2003
9/21/22, 10:04:16 PM 
In reply to Narper

Big PU C looking like a born again virgin, shiny and new! lol lol

link Kay Joined: Jan 31, 2015
9/21/22, 10:06:03 PM 
In reply to StumpCam

Don't trust dat look.... ah notice he looking around smile

link Narper Joined: Jan 3, 2003
9/21/22, 10:42:18 PM 
In reply to doosra

i think is presence...they probably don't know how to relate to the big man

He looks like he is the oldest in the ground by far...all his age group gawn to dem maker or too frail to come to the ground?

9/21/22, 10:44:21 PM 
In reply to Narper

yea different generations

i am glad to see him around...he looks fit and fine

link powen001 Joined: Nov 25, 2006
9/21/22, 10:47:09 PM 
In reply to SnoopDog

I’m telling Jesus on you Bro

CACKLE SNORT!

you??

lol lol

9/22/22, 8:35:51 PM 
He seems to have the role of a consultant...plenty notes taking.

Hmmm

link googley Joined: Feb 8, 2004
9/22/22, 8:40:22 PM 
In reply to Raskil

what does that tell you about the current admin team? They been sleeping on the job....thats why the Big Cat was brought in.

9/22/22, 8:58:29 PM 
In reply to googley

Happy to see the involvement.

M Holding said that Lloyd didn’t care where you came from, more importantly what you have to offer.

I don’t know if he carried passengers like some of our recent captains and selectors.

link CITYBOY Joined: Jul 10, 2017
9/23/22, 10:05:15 AM 
Lloyd phucked up Shiv...
Lloyd was kosher with Barrat but when APNU won he became a demon ,.

He is trying to ease in back but he has already been exposed ..
I don’t know who he beg to get into that dressing room. .,
Yup he led the best WI team and he was an excellent cricketer ... but ???

9/23/22, 10:56:14 AM 
In reply to CITYBOY

Cricket is one of the biggest uniting factors in the country.
I don’t know the details of Lloyd being political however I can say for sure that sports and politics don’t mix well.

9/23/22, 1:36:31 PM 
In reply to Raskil

Using both eyes to see ( if both are good) is better than using one or none ..
Be inquisitive and always seek out facts ... don’t be emotional about matters ... it leads to bias and fiction .
That’s all ....
And by the way cricket has always been in Guyana and Guyana historically has issues ..so saying that unifies is utter garbage ....
Good luck to your warriors ...

9/23/22, 1:37:38 PM 
In reply to CITYBOY

shock

link Dukes Joined: Dec 5, 2002
9/23/22, 1:55:40 PM 
In reply to CITYBOY

when APNU won he became a demon

What did Lloyd say or do when APNU won that causes you to say he became a demon?

link StumpCam Joined: Dec 31, 2003
9/23/22, 2:13:48 PM 
In reply to Dukes

Don’t know what vibes Citi is on, but Clive Lloyd is the humblest of human beings I have ever known.

9/23/22, 3:51:44 PM 
In reply to Dukes

That’s a conversation you and I can have .. Lloyd has been very civil ..( will not say more )...
However please recall.. jog your memory please ... he was cricket persona with Bharat and very nice and cooperative but APNU wins and Lloyd distants himself from the supportive role he played...
Man ah man, man nah tabacca stick,..
Did our boy Lloyd not engineer the end of Shiv ?? A son of Guyana who could in all reality had been the highest run scorer in tests for the West Indies??
Anyway I think he regrets that role he played ...it was not nice ...
Let’s leave it at that ..
Maybe the word “Demon “ is a bit harsh.. maybe I can rephrase as a “bad error of judgement “
Me and you will have a drink ( your el dorado ) and shoot the breeze ..

link Jumpstart Joined: Nov 29, 2017
9/23/22, 4:45:00 PM 
In reply to CITYBOY

Did our boy Lloyd not engineer the end of Shiv ?? A son of Guyana who could in all reality had been the highest run scorer in tests for the West Indies??

shiv is the least of clive's sins with cameron. He was selector when the india tour was rightfully abandoned(after WIPA decided to cut the players' earnings from the tour to fund the ridiculous PCL;all the while not funding and eventually shutting down the Sagicor HPC) and oversaw the desolation of a potential world cup winning team that had drawn with McCulum's NZ in 2014. Put Holder is a position he should not have been, exposing him to two spectacular maulings from AB de Villears. I remember when the team was broken up and gayle, bravo, pollard , russell and rampaul suddenly found themselves in the cold, Martin Crowe wrote an article saying that Clive had lost a lot of respect all over the world because of going along with Cameron who no one likes or even respects. He made a huge error in judgment going down the road with that guy. Read Crowe's opinion on the eve of the 2015 world cup.
Young Jason Holder has been thrown a shocking hospital pass only weeks out. How Clive Lloyd thought a 23-year-old would manage his first hours as a new captain in the intense cauldron of a World Cup is beyond me. It makes no sense to have left out Dwayne Bravo, let alone as captain. All this upheaval makes it hard to think they have any hope, but funnier things have happened. If Chris Gayle or Marlon Samuels get in the right mood, they will be a cause for concern for any opponent. A massive if.

Link Text
Bravo aint everybody's cup of tea, in fact his antics does regularly irritate trinidadians......but the fact is he was the most innovative captain in the region, and his tactics really kept teams on their toes and was well liked and respected by the team. The only person in the WI set up who didn't like Bravo was Marlon and according to multiple sources in and outside of WI cricket(including Shane Warne)....nobodly likes samuels

9/23/22, 4:53:57 PM 
In reply to StumpCam

Did I not say he is civil if you met/ knew him??

9/23/22, 4:56:20 PM 
In reply to Jumpstart

So is that why he went against Cameron who wanted Shiv on team ???
We would never know... it’s in the history books and debatable as to why Lloyd made that decision ...

link Dukes Joined: Dec 5, 2002
9/23/22, 5:38:01 PM 
It is most unfortunate that some people's opinion on Clive Lloyd is solely defined by the fact that he was Chairman of the selectors when Shiv Chanderpaul was dropped.Proponets of this attitude always point to the belief that Shiv was solely dropped in order to prevent him from taking over from Lara the mantle of the person who scored the most runs in Test cricket for the West Indies.
This attitude is best described as RAGE that Shiv was not granted the privilege of becoming the highest run scorer for the West Indies.It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what is really going on here.
Let me state some facts that these crusaders against Clive Lloyd never mention

I can not remember who the 3rd person on the Selection Committee was but I know that Courtney Walsh was a selector.I also know that whenever a decision to leave out an aging West Indian great is made, there is usually not only consensus but wide consultation.There is also a protocol to have a private discussion with the player as a matter of respect.The fact that such a discussion with Shiv never took place is 100% due to Shiv ,knowing a call was going to be made, ensured that he never spoke to Clive despite numerous messages to his cell phone and cell phones of his father and others around him.He hid from Lloyd PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Why did the selectors decide to drop Shiv?
In his last 6 test matches which were 3 each against South Africa and England,in 11 innings Shiv scored 183 runs in 11 completed innings.He had 6 single digit scores, a solitary 50 and averaged 16.63 in those matchesHis test average dropped from 53.11 to 51.37.At the time of his dropping Shiv was almost 41 years old.
Incidentally Lloyd is also blamed fro dropping Alvin Kallicharran and has been accused by the same people who pillory him about Shiv,of hating Kallicharran because of the Packer fiasco. I know the facts and that notion is poppycock.
It is sad that Guyana cricket is constantly being hauled into the mud by people who have a solitary agenda in life and can not help themselves and set aside their seemingly unprincipled proclivities.

9/23/22, 5:53:35 PM 
In reply to Dukes

In his last 6 test matches which were 3 each against South Africa and England,in 11 innings Shiv scored 183 runs in 11 completed innings.He had 6 single digit scores, a solitary 50 and averaged 16.63 in those matchesHis test average dropped from 53.11 to 51.37.At the time of his dropping Shiv was almost 41 years old.

so it was his age then?

because clearly you are not suggesting dropping your best player (firing your best employee) for the past 10+ years based on 1 or 2 poor performances?

if the phone call was to inform him of his impending firing then the only issue there is one of courtesy

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2  3  next