The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Joseph, McCoy among West Indians to participate in inaugural SA20

CaribbeanCricket.com 2022-09-20 19:05:42 

Nine West Indians were picked up in Monday’s auction for the first edition of Cricket South Africa’s T20 League. The franchise league, dubbed SA20, will bowl off in January of 2023.

Romario Shepherd and Alzarri Joseph will turn out for the Johannesburg Super Kings. While the Paarl Royals picked up Obed McCoy and Ramon Simmonds. Durban Super Giants landed four West Indian internationals Jason Holder, Kyle Mayers, Keemo Paul, and Johnson Charles. While MI Cape Town acquired the services of Odean Smith.

Read more at MostlyCricket

Full Story

Sylobaby 2022-09-20 21:24:05 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com”Nine West Indians were picked up in Monday’s auction for the first edition of Cricket South Africa’s T20 League
The franchise league,…”
I took note of Romario Shepherd and Ramon Simmons in particular. I believe these players were chosen as a result of our CPL. Unfortunately these franchises didn’t see anything special in the likes of Raymon Riefer and YANNIC CARIAH who were both chosen by Desmond Haynes for the World Cup at the expense of Shepherd and Ramon Simmons. I wonder who if Sir Desmond Haynes was watching different games than the ones the South African Franchises were looking at. Riefer and Cariah on WC squad ahead of so many better players? Give me a break Haynes. You Simmons and other selectors need to visit a good Ophthalmologist

Castled 2022-09-21 01:43:04 

In reply to Sylobaby

The old school mercenaries not listed on SA T20 auction besides Lindell Simmons.

Why?

Kay 2022-09-21 02:28:00 

In reply to Castled

The money small ... smile

Castled 2022-09-21 02:55:49 

In reply to Kay

Peanuts no crore and lakhs eh.. lol

granite 2022-09-22 13:47:58 

In reply to Castled

Saffies got plenty gold and diamonds and no money,ask the politicians. lol lol lol