The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Dukes: If I were all powerful here’s how I would fix WI cricket

FanAttick 2023-03-13 13:50:46 

I would have a long term and a short term strategy

Long Term Strategy:

I would restructure the Administration of WI cricket. I would ensure proper governance and accountability….this business of a CWI board that is comprised of members of regional boards with unlimited tenure and no accountability has to be discontinued.
I would mirror the structure of the English Football Association

The Board would be constituted as follows:

1. Chairman
2. CEO - responsible for the day to day administration (hiring staff, marketing, logistics etc)
3. National Game Representatives (independent from the Regional Boards)
4. Professional Game Representatives (nominated by the clubs) Example
5. Independent Non Executive Directors
6. Independent Board Observers

The CWI board will be responsible for marketing of cricket throughout the region. They would negotiate TV and Merchandising deals.

I would restructure the territorial boards…I would ensure term limits…members of regional boards will not serve on the reconfigured board of CWI..their sole remit is to administer, (and develop) cricket in their respective territories…

Each Regional Board will receive funding from CWI. With that funding will come strict rules for how the funds are spent. The main focus of the regional boards is to develop grassroots level cricket for both male and female…they would receive funding for coaching development and infrastructure improvement. Given our regional history..the regional boards would do so in conjunction with the schools…the goal is that each school will have a professionally certified coach on staff who will be paid by the Regional Board. The Regional Board would also provide funding for age group school competitions..

Funding would also be provided to establish an academy in each territory. Elite level players from the schools competitions would be drafted into the academy where they will receive training from elite coaches…these players would comprise the nucleus of a revamped U19 program to select the representatives of the WI U19 World Cup Teams…

Club Competitions.

Clubs will be required to implement a professional structure…this covers player selection, player transfers, player compensation, insurance, pension etc. Clubs will be required to select a a minimum of 3 players from the academies in each playing X1 and will be compensated by the regional boards for the wages of those players… I will elaborate on this later…

Short Term Strategy

Coaching Appointment and Evaluation
Team Selection

More to come…

lol

openning 2023-03-13 13:54:42 

In reply to FanAttick

I would restructure the territorial boards

Are these boards not independent entities?
This is for your restructuring. Mr Cooke
Link Text

camos 2023-03-13 13:56:35 

In reply to FanAttick

I would restructure the territorial boards…I would ensure term limits…members of regional boards will not serve on the reconfigured board of CWI..their sole remit is to administer, (and develop) cricket in their respective territories…

The territorial boards are the owners of CWI and dictate to CWI, CWI can't restructure those boards.

FanAttick 2023-03-13 13:56:41 

In reply to openning
In reply to camos

Are these boards not independent entities?

That may be so…but given the premise of the question posed by Dukes, I have to go by the words of a famous person…
“Some people look at the world and say ‘why?’ Some people look at the world and say ‘why not?’”
— George Bernard Shaw

lol

I’m responding to the question posed by Dukes

”If you were all powerful how would you improve WI cricket?”

camos 2023-03-13 13:57:16 

In reply to openning

you beat me to the point!

sudden 2023-03-13 13:58:48 

jeez, Fan did say if he was all powerful

FanAttick 2023-03-13 13:59:21 

In reply to sudden

My friends dont read lol

sudden 2023-03-13 14:00:55 

In reply to FanAttick

those are some great proposals. finish it please

FanAttick 2023-03-13 14:02:56 

In reply to sudden

I’ll circle back in later..have to hit the road for a bit….others are free to add suggestions as well…

camos 2023-03-13 14:05:18 

In reply to FanAttick
Bro! I don't know that there are problems at the territorial boards level that are as urgent as those at CWI, hence the skepticism of the need for action there.

openning 2023-03-13 14:05:28 

In reply to FanAttick
There is only one god, there are some balls you let alone. lol

FanAttick 2023-03-13 14:08:28 

In reply to camos

Bro! I don't know that there are problems at the territorial boards level that are as urgent as those at CWI, hence the skepticism of the need for action there.

I would argue that there is an equally urgent need to fix the regional boards (Jamaica is a case in point) - not to mention the shambles in Guyana and T&T….part of the reason for the problems at CWI is that these are the same people running regional boards that make up CWI hence the perpetual malaise

sudden 2023-03-13 14:12:38 

In reply to FanAttick

Fan, man, you are hitting it like Tiger at a blond only party

Dukes 2023-03-13 15:08:00 

In reply to camos

Bro! I don't know that there are problems at the territorial boards level that are as urgent as those at CWI, hence the skepticism of the need for action there

Nearly ALL the problems at CWI are a DIRECT result of problems at the territorial board level..
CWI is actually OWNED by the territorial Boards.The CWI President is SELECTED by the Territorial Boards

You have to fix the Terrotial Boards FIRST before restructuring CWI

CWI DOES NOT DEVELOP PLAYERS it is the TERRITORIAL BOARDS

Chrissy 2023-03-13 16:23:50 

In reply to camos

The territorial boards are the owners of CWI and dictate to CWI, CWI can't restructure those boards.

Correct is right

Ewart 2023-03-16 16:48:58 

In reply to FanAttick

”If you were all powerful how would you improve WI cricket?”

I would teach them them to bat.

//

FanAttick 2023-03-16 16:58:47 

In reply to Ewart

lol lol

God created the earth in 7 days…he would need an 8th day to accomplish that feat

Blackbird 2023-03-17 02:30:42 

In reply to FanAttick

A complete mess of impracticable promises and largest.... Too much folly to itemize .. but bs always sounds better than it smells and it's even less palatable

FanAttick 2023-03-17 11:42:01 

In reply to Blackbird

Hello Veteran…good to see a foundation brother on the board