The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Chase the right man for the job

sudden 2023-03-14 16:16:51 

in lieu of McCoy

good choice Dessie

WIfan26 2023-03-14 16:19:41 

In reply to sudden

Exactly, he already in SA why should WI waste money flying in someone else just to lose!!!

sudden 2023-03-14 16:26:13 

Dessie had a bowling space
just so he remembered Chase
what really caused the fuss
the others said he was bias
but when Chase actually play
South Africans will pay

WIfan26 2023-03-14 16:32:02 

In reply to sudden

Hey serious question does Uncle Dessie not like Vasbert Drakes or something???

The perfect like for like replacement would've been Dominic Drakes not to mention he likes cheese on bread just like Chase!!!!

openning 2023-03-14 16:51:45 

It is time for West Indies cricket to go the road of the Federation, it has outlive it usefulness as a collective organization.
We cussed everyone that not from our Island, Insularity is the first word used, two selectors from the same island are not trusted, and every fan want someone from their Island/country selected.
Time to go at it alone.

Drapsey 2023-03-14 17:10:39 

In reply to openning

Bet you wouldn't have said that when the Tits ruled.

openning 2023-03-14 17:24:52 

In reply to Drapsey
You are saying that to a Barbadian who saw Sir Gary treated a T&T team like schoolboys.
Check who has won the most 4-day tournaments, Carne Vale is over, so you must be sober, so I sometime to educates you.Here are a few names to bring to your knowledge, and a link to educate you of who actually rules regional cricket.

The most prominent Barbadian cricketers include George Challenor, Joel Garner, Gordon Greenidge, Wes Hall, Desmond Haynes, Conrad Hunte, Malcolm Marshall, Garry Sobers, Clyde Walcott, Everton Weekes and Frank Worrell.
Link Text
History
Four Day wins 22 (plus 1 shared)
Super50 Cup wins 7 (plus 1 shared)
CT20 wins 0

jacksprat 2023-03-14 17:27:31 

In reply to sudden

Totally Agree!

Right Passport, Right Man For The Job!!

Time to Chase That Baldhead Outa Town!!

Dukes 2023-03-14 17:32:30 

In reply to openning

Have you ever heard the saying: JACKASS EARS LONG BUT HE CYAN HEAR HE OWN STORY?

openning 2023-03-14 17:34:23 

In reply to Dukes
So what you saying Rufus.
There comes a time to say goodbye, now is the right time to leave West Indies cricket.

Dukes 2023-03-14 17:39:30 

In reply to sudden

Stop winding desk peeps up.

Ironic statements tend to be misunderstood.
Suttle comments are not appreciated.

My first question to Dessie would be

Did the selectors consider only the players who were already in South Africa and did that consideration have any bearing on your deliberations?

I would expect him to say that they considered everybody and where the players were situated had no bearing in their deliberations.

At that point I would then point out the obvious problems with swapping Chase for McCoy.

Dukes 2023-03-14 17:42:26 

In reply to openning

You are justifying the selection of Chase by telling us that Barbados has been dominant in WI cricket over the years.

Mebbe you don't realize how that comes across and I would suggest you ask the legal luminary Sudden to explain what I mean.

openning 2023-03-14 17:53:55 

In reply to Dukes
The only time I ever voice my concern on selection, was the last tour to England, when RH said spinner during that time of year will not do well, yet he selected Warrican ahead of Permaul.
For years I call Warrican a Robot, I said if he was driving home, saw an accident he will remain in his car until he was able to drive his usual route.
Thats what I think of Warrican.
I have spoken about Brooks since the U19 level, I would not say what I think of Chase on this mb or the group of Barbadian players playing for the West Indies.
Doc, I am a strong believer in players development, being a suzuki parent I learned to train and practice.

openning 2023-03-14 17:56:16 

In reply to Dukes
I was responding to Drapsey who said,

Bet you wouldn't have said that when the Tits ruled.

natty_forever 2023-03-14 18:05:09 

In reply to openning

Natty cuss those from my island more!
Also, your brag runs parallel to WI cricket. Notice how far back you have to go to find one test class player???

Yaad has as much OD wins. However, if a certain island is given preference and that islands players get selected more than others to the West Indies team thus fine-tuning their players at the expense of other islands. This bias for Bajans nuh jus start.

openning 2023-03-14 18:34:39 

In reply to natty_forever

Notice how far back you have to go to find one test class player

I will be proud to engage you on this topic.
Barbados last Great International batsman was Desmond Haynes, I believe Marshall came into the team after Dessie.
T&T, Lara
Guyana, Shiv
Jamaica, Gayle
Leewards, Ambrose
Windwards, still searching for its first
So one should look in the mirror, before question a statement.
I am aware of the BCA shortcomings, I want Conde Riley to go, but I am not a paying member of the BCA, and surely cannot vote at the annual meeting.

sudden 2023-03-14 18:49:05 

In reply to Dukes

Uh so it goes Dukes

Uh so it goes

Who bex bex big grin

Jumpstart 2023-03-14 18:52:54 

In reply to sudden

in lieu of McCoy

good choice Dessie

represent the big coral 2 the fullest young padawan

sudden 2023-03-14 18:54:18 

In reply to Jumpstart

yuh done know de score
Why wunnu blaming Dessie for big grin

Courtesy 2023-03-14 19:15:37 

In reply to sudden

lol lol lol

Comrade, the hornets have descended upon you.

sudden 2023-03-14 19:53:22 

In reply to Courtesy

big grin

As they descend
Chase will ascend

imusic 2023-03-14 20:05:56 

In reply to openning

The only time I ever voice my concern on selection, was the last tour to England, when RH said spinner during that time of year will not do well, yet he selected Warrican ahead of Permaul.

You practicin selective memory there Baje.

You did well have plenty to say when the T20 World Cup squad in 2021 was announced (rightfully so)

Doh play holier than thou now cool

openning 2023-03-14 20:13:50 

In reply to imusic
My parents who knew nothing about cricket would had question that friends selection.
Gayle, Bigb, Russell, Rampaul all wheelchair recipients in waiting, being selected for a world cup squad, now that took some nerves.
I was shock not to see the Net bowler, not among the players selected lol

Onionman0 2023-03-15 04:41:54 

In reply to WIfan26

Exactly, he already in SA why should WI waste money flying in someone else just to lose!!!

These players are also in South Africa..... Instead of Chase , may be any of the following -

West Indies 2023 Over-50 World Cup squad
Zamin Amin
Narine Bideshi
Sudesh Dhaniram
Sunil Dhaniram
Rajendra Dilraj
Ian Drakes
Kenny Girdharry
Fareed Hosein
William Lashley
Ishwar Maraj
Azad Mohammed
Delroy Morgan
Basil Persaud
Richard Ramrekha
Anthony Sahadeo
Vejai Seonarine
Balwant Singh
Chanderpaul Singh

lol lol lol

nissan 2023-03-15 10:02:42 

In reply to sudden

Dessie had a bowling space
just so he remembered Chase
what really caused the fuss
the others said he was bias
but when Chase actually play
South Africans will pay

Frank Collymore lives!

Foes in plenty........

WIfan26 2023-03-15 10:34:59 

In reply to Onionman0

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Anyone of them will suffice!!!

PS to quote which took me a while to figure out as well you have to place it

quote] INSIDE HERE [/quote] hope this helps!!!

Slipfeeler 2023-03-15 10:48:23 

In reply to sudden

If we are stupidly going to choose a spinner to replace a fast bowler then Motie would have been a better option. He has already proven against South Africa that he can both out bowl and out bat Chase even as a lower order batsman and Chase could not buy a wicket, despite given more overs than Motie. Another wasted Bajan pick.
big grin big grin big grin

sudden 2023-03-15 11:14:29 

In reply to Slipfeeler

on a point of order, Sir, i have a lot of time for Tat Motie, but the record must be corrected. Tat took 3 wickets in that last test and that was in the first innings. Chase took no wickets but from all reports was the more containing spinner.

Chase is more expendable than Tat at this stage. Dessie in a way maybe preserving the international career of Tat whilst giving Chase the long rope. who said Dessie wasnt smart? big grin