The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Kemo Paul must be brought back

bird 2023-03-19 03:23:50 

This guy must be brought back in to WI setup immediately he is probably
The best all-rounder in WI cricket presently, plays the game with lots of self confidence, bowls above 140 with movement, he is much better than The mediocrer garbage we been seeing recently

Brerzerk 2023-03-19 05:12:20 

The best piece of SWING bowlimg @ express pace I've seen from a West Indian since Marshall was Keemo's spell vs England in an ODI . It was better than Rose's best test spell

mikelegend 2023-03-19 08:18:21 

He will be in the Headley Weekes Tri series after the 4 day FC competition. Hopefully he maintains his fitness and performs well enough to stake his claim even more.

Baje 2023-03-19 10:32:59 

In reply to mikelegend
I think that the inability to maintain fitness has been a problem

Dukes 2023-03-19 12:05:21 

In reply to Brerzerk

Actually it was a test match in St.Lucia in 2019.

doosra 2023-03-19 12:26:50 

let him get the full rest of the 4 day and fitness

he can push for a test spot on how swing bowling alone

anthonyp 2023-03-19 13:17:26 

In reply to doosra

Keemo is probably the fittest pacer in the region at the moment.. Think he's managing his body better these days.

Selectors prefer to pick a bunch of gentle medium pacers who can't offer anything with the bat... Gonna continue seeing them pick the likes of Jordan and Mindley ahead of Keemo.

robbo 2023-03-19 13:46:54 

Is Paul hitting 140 k’s these days ?…to be honest I’ve only seen him bowl 130-135 but hardly seen him bowl in recent years and not with a speed gun present anyway.

tc1 2023-03-19 14:06:10 

In reply to robbo

Some will tell you he is bowling at 160.

anthonyp 2023-03-19 14:20:44 

In reply to tc1

It's actually 180... Even if it's 130-135 it's still quicker than Holder, Roach, Mindley and Jordan.

robbo 2023-03-19 14:29:46 

In reply to anthonyp

The reason I ask is because a commentator the other day was talking about him having increased his pace & another commie a a week or two back was saying that a selector last season, saw him apparently steaming in during one spell and bowling quickly.

Tbh if he can remain fit, consistently bow 135-140, swing the ball both ways then he will do for me.

imusic 2023-03-19 14:47:15 

Kemo Paul might just be the best all rounder the game has ever seen.

Yuh gats to hand it to the Guyanese tho. Nobody hypes up their own like them cool

doosra 2023-03-19 14:51:46 

In reply to imusic

hype

man you were here telling how how great dj bravo is,...better than Hooper and all

you talk about hype yes... big grin

Bamboocane 2023-03-19 15:00:33 

In reply to anthonyp
Pure blasphemy! Aljo most fit pacer in region.

imusic 2023-03-19 15:02:41 

In reply to doosra
He’s not? Lol.

Ok sah lol

doosra 2023-03-19 15:04:05 

In reply to imusic

we all guilty of the same rass big grin

PalsofMine 2023-03-19 15:42:01 

i would like to see Keemo play red ball cricket. I am hoping that he keeps injury free for the rest of the season and makes H-W team. Roach and Angel are nearing retirement and there is room for fast bowlers in the test side, esp if they can also contribute with the bat. I dont want to class him an all rounder so that he has to compete with Mayers and Holder for a spot. I want him to make the team as a fast bowler, probably opening with Aljo or alternatively coming to try to get the ball to swing when it has lost some shine. It will be great if he can get it up to 140kpm but I am not sure that he bowls that quickly. I rank him above Philip, Mindley and Jordan and so should be next in line. Also Keemo and Seales together with Holder with Motie as our future test attack.

XDFIX 2023-03-19 15:43:14 

In reply to tc1

Some will tell you he is bowling at 160.

big grin big grin

Barry 2023-03-19 16:25:13 

steups . . .
confused

Brerzerk 2023-03-19 18:28:35 

In reply to Dukes
Thanks, yes that was the match. The beauty of that spell was the lengths he hit also. Just between full n back-of -a-length where just as batsmen get ready to drive or defend it swings, pitches then shape again both in or out

Dukes 2023-03-19 21:08:07 

In reply to imusic

If I showed you documented evidence that Keemo Paul has been clocked in the 140’s would you apologize.

FanAttick 2023-03-19 21:09:45 

In reply to Dukes

Isaiah Thorne was clocked at 200mph..and that was before he was fully warmed up

doosra 2023-03-19 21:12:53 

In reply to FanAttick

he have some yad bais a run like shot a lick big grin

FanAttick 2023-03-19 21:24:37 

In reply to doosra
I saw young Jordan Johnson drop some licks pon he…Johnson was a Thorne in Isaiah’s side
lol

The licks were so hot that even Dukes felt it…

Dukes 2023-03-19 21:29:11 

In reply to FanAttick

lol lol lol :l lol lol lol

Do you want to put your money where your mouth is

I say categorically that I can state the match and the ball that was in the 140’s that was delivered by Keemo Paul in an International match on the sub-continent

FanAttick 2023-03-19 21:37:47 

In reply to Dukes

Anyone can clock 140kph…the key is to do so consistently….

I dont think either Paul(or his fellow apostle Peter) can do so… lol
Even Alzarri Joseph struggles to maintain 140kph…

Dukes 2023-03-19 21:42:47 

In reply to FanAttick

Name all the WI fast bowlers who have been clocked at 140 or above recently apart from AlJo!!!!

EVEN ONCE!!!!!

imusic 2023-03-19 21:47:28 

In reply to Dukes

Your bias always manages to seep through despite your attempts to appear objective

Raskil 2023-03-19 21:49:31 

Odean 144+

Barry 2023-03-19 22:00:44 

Angel 148+ razz

Dukes 2023-03-19 22:01:15 

In reply to Raskil

That is correct.

Barry 2023-03-19 22:02:24 

Paul cannot walk into the team based on one performance shock

Dukes 2023-03-19 22:04:46 

In reply to imusic

You never address what I post. Instead you always attack my character and objectivity.
That suggests to me and any sensible observer that you are incapable of discussing in a calm and reasonable manner any cricketing matter with me.
Oh well
Maybe one day you will do so.

Barry 2023-03-19 22:08:34 

Keemo Paul is a shit confused

FanAttick 2023-03-19 22:16:00 

In reply to Dukes

Oshane Thomas, Odean Smith, Angel….

That’s 3…how many more do you want ?

Aren’t you tired of being wrong…

Shields from Yard hasn’t been officially clocked yet but I’m pretty sure he’s clocking 140kph as well…

Dukes 2023-03-19 22:26:43 

1. Keemo Paul age 25 has taken 113 first class wickets at 19.27 apiece in 28 matches

Jeremiah Louis age 27 has taken 113 wickets in first class cricket but in 48 matches at 27.32 apiece

Marquinhos Mindley age 28 has taken 111 wickets in 46 matches at 24.29 apiece

Last year all 3 played 5 matches in the domestic competition
Paul took 20 wickets
Louis took 18 wickets
Mindley took 13 wickets

Those are the FACTS

Interpret them as you wish!!!!!

Dukes 2023-03-19 22:27:25 

In reply to FanAttick

Where was I wrong???

FanAttick 2023-03-19 22:51:35 

In reply to Dukes

What were the bowling averages of the above mentioned last season? How many 5 wicket hauls?

Asking for a certain curious individual who want to interpret them as you wish!!!!!!!!!

Is there a reason why you posted career averages but only posted number of wickets taken last season? Very odd

Tua 2023-03-19 23:02:50 

In reply to anthonyp

Midley is a trundler at best

Dukes 2023-03-19 23:17:48 

In reply to FanAttick

All you are doing is asking questions to reach a bar of reasonable doubt but in a discussion about cricket like any and all civil matters it is the preponderance of the evidence and thusly you are quite a distance behind in second place in this discussion.

The Right Honorable Dr. Desmond Haynes in response to Keemo Paul taking the most wickets by a fast bowler in the first class season selected Keemo Paul for white ball cricket and due to CWI being a genius operation Keemo arrived at the airport at 3AM on the morning of the first ODI in Pakistan.

BTW All eyes on the WI test batsman with the highest test average as he comes up against the very weak pie throwers from the Mudland
Word on the street in GT is he is expected to clap at least 150 runs in the first at bat. Muddies are hoping that the VC takes a rest or else it will be Plenty for few by the yardies

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

FanAttick 2023-03-19 23:32:42 

In reply to Dukes

No amount of deflecting can help you to avoid answering those simple questions

What were the bowling averages and number of 5 wicket hauls last season lol lol lol lol lol
Dont force the Court to hold you in contempt

Dukes 2023-03-20 00:09:52 

In reply to FanAttick

As the Right Honorable Justice Cummings has reputedly counseled you that each side has to present their own case. One can not expect one side to testify on behalf of the other
That my friend is NOT CRICKET !!!!

lol lol lol lol

imusic 2023-03-20 00:13:25 

In reply to Dukes

You never address what I post. Instead you always attack my character and objectivity

When you post stuff like this and try to pass it off as fact, what else you want me to do?

You being deliberately disingenuous with statements like this

Name all the WI fast bowlers who have been clocked at 140 or above recently apart from AlJo!!!!

EVEN ONCE!!!!!

FanAttick 2023-03-20 00:36:30 

In reply to Dukes

This is the discovery phase of the trial….the defense has a right to see all the evidence that the prosecution intends to present at trial lol

Dukes 2023-03-20 00:48:37 

Wi vs Pakistan 2nd T 20I at Karachi April 2nd,2018

8.3 Paul to Talat, no run
Arches back to help this short delivery over the keeper, but is beaten for pace. Lovely from Keemo, in the 140’s

At the time he was 20 years old Now at age 25 he is noticeably faster and stronger

Dukes 2023-03-20 01:04:42 

In reply to imusic

It is either a fact or it is not

If something is not a fact then one can not pass it off as a factYou name something I said is a fact that is not a fact!!!

imusic 2023-03-20 01:04:56 

In reply to Dukes

Arches back to help this short delivery over the keeper, but is beaten for pace. Lovely from Keemo, in the 140’s

At the time he was 20 years old Now at age 25 he is noticeably faster and stronger

So what he hitting now?

150? 160?

He faster than AlJo and Gabriel?

Dukes 2023-03-20 01:07:59 

In reply to FanAttick

You are telling me what I want to present to the court at trial??
Your honor I think Council ( according to DJT) has lost his marbles.
lol lol lol lol

Commie 2023-03-20 01:08:03 

Some things never change.

Dukes adopted someone and building an iron clad case that he is objective smile

Dukes 2023-03-20 01:11:51 

In reply to imusic

So you have to resort to childish talk now??
What did I state as a fact that is not a fact?
Cut the nonsense!!!
Back up what you said!!!

FanAttick 2023-03-20 01:13:54 

In reply to imusic

So what he hitting now?

150? 160?

He faster than AlJo and Gabriel?

lol lol lol lol
I wonder if Dr Desmond Haynes realizes that?

imusic 2023-03-20 20:22:52 

In reply to FanAttick

Lol! You gats to hand it to the Doc tho. This one real good lol

Bamboocane 2023-03-21 02:19:38 

In reply to FanAttick

What da phuck you takin bout aljo "struggling" to bowl above, 140. you neva like dat youth. even widskunts like you bad mouthing him he has blossomed into a fine fas bowlrr. dis youth has clocked in da 150s, byach.

Dukes 2023-03-21 02:38:33 

In reply to Bamboocane

he has blossomed into a fine fas bowlrr. dis youth has clocked in da 150s

He hit 151.4 in the IPL last year

Dukes 2023-03-21 04:10:24 

In reply to imusic

How about this one
1st over
Paul to Jennings, OUT
Floated up wide of the stumps, Jennings steers tamely to slip! Paul's loosener brings him a fourth Test wicket, ending England's really quite turbid opening stand. The tempter does for Jennings in the end, flashed to slip in regulation fashion
Keaton Jennings c Bravo b Paul 8 (43b 1x4 0x6 77m) SR: 18.6
The ball has been changed, apparently because it had gone out of shape. And the bowler is being changed, too, Keemo Paul on for Roach after a stalwart first shift

Paul to Denly, 2 runs
Full, 134kph/83mph and swinging a touch, Denly launches into a booming drive, he at least manages to get a good chunk of bat on it for a couple in front of square to get off the mark

Decent start from Jason Holder's stand-in. Swing from the outset and a wicket with his first ball
2nd over
Paul to Burns, FOUR runs
Pitched up and swinging, Burns drives and edges wide of fourth slip! Flashes and gets away with it... England's second boundary of the day, picked up via a second edge through the cordon

3rd over
Paul to Denly, no run
Woof, that's nearly suckered him! Away swing and some extra bounce and seam movement, gets him poking away from his body, past the outside edge

4th over
Paul to Denly, no run
Ooh, nearly tucks him up with a bumper, lobs off the gloves but lands just in front of the batsman

5th over
Paul to Burns, no run
Yoinks, that's a beauty, drags Burns out and then spins him around! Superb line and then nipping away, not much Burns could do other than avoid hitting it!

6th over

Paul to Burns, OUT
Massive appeal! What's that missing? If it's missing bat, it must be close! West Indies review, after a long consultation. Round the wicket, very wide on the crease, very full, angling in ... it's not a no-ball, and that has crashed into his shin on an off-stump line... this looks horribly adjacent. Smashing middle, that's a goner!
Rory Burns lbw b Paul 29 (103b 1x4 0x6 156m) SR: 28.15

Paul to Root, no run
Another massive appeal! Angling in, rapping the pads, but that looked to be more leg-sided as Root fell over his own feet. Lovely shape though!

Paul to Root, no run
A massive wipe at a full-length outswinger! Joseph Root! Have a word with yourself, son! That was diabolical

7th over
Paul to Root, no run
Outswinging yorker, all the tricks are coming out now. Jabbed back to the bowler from deep in the crease

8th over

Paul to Root, no run
Nibble nibble! Back of a length, nipping off the seam, Root can't prevent himself having a flirt with an angled bat... England's brains have ceased to function

Paul to Root, no run
Edged just short of slip! This is remarkable... big outswing once again, on an off-stump line, Root playing away from his body but short of Bravo at first slip, who rolled onto Hetmyer at second

Paul to Root, no run
More lovely shape, back of a length this time. And breathe, England reach the end of an over

10th over
Paul to Root, no run
Booming outswing, curling past the outside edge! That ball practically chewed Root up and spat him out - absolute pearler from Paul!

Paul to Buttler, no run
That's a lovely line, straightening on off stump, Buttler covers it

11th over
Paul to Stokes, no run
Big appeal! Stokes is thumped on the pad, and West Indies review! My instinct: optimistic, looked outside off, but I've thought that before ... hmm ... it's hit the back pad, which I hadn't appreciated ... might be closer! Height a potential issue. Saved on umpire's call! Eesh... close!

Paul to Stokes, 2 runs
Leading edge! Squared up by Paul's angle into the stumps, was aiming through the leg side, and squirted out through point instead

13th over
Paul to Buttler, no run
Full, straight and saved by the inside-edge! Buttler was playing outside the shot, expecting the outswinger, and just grazed enough bat onto his pad!

14th over
Paul to Stokes, no run
Half a flinch outside off as Paul tightens his line from back of a length

Paul to Stokes, no run
Beaten outside off! Angling in, but nipping away off the seam, and past a stranded outside edge. Beautiful bowling

15th over
Paul to Stokes, no run
Squared up again as Stokes pokes out to point, having aimed to midwicket

Paul to Stokes, no run
Beaten again! Angled in, straightened off the deck. Through to the keeper!

17th over
Paul to Stokes, 2 runs
Stabbed in the air, and through gully! Stokes on the back foot, defending with firm hands as Paul kisses the edge with a back-of-a-length delivery

Paul to Stokes, no run
A stifled appeal, sliding down leg, but this is an encouraging start from Paul

18th over
Paul to Stokes, no run
Ghosting past the outside edge once more! That angle into the left-hander from round the wicket is causing bother when he finds late seam movement

Paul to Bairstow, no run
Wow, that's close! Left on length, and that was nearly Bairstow's 30th bowled in Test cricket. Millimetres over the off bail!

19th over
Paul to Stokes, no run
Beauty! There's one of those naughty nibblers on a full length, hitting the indentation and jagging around the edge as Stokes is lured into the drive

20th over
Paul to Bairstow, no run
Nibbles past the edge! That's a stunning length, just wobbling down the track and zipping like a legbreak round a flaccid edge

Paul to Bairstow, no run
A flat-footed hoick from Bairstow! A strange retort to some fine bowling. But he survived. And that is drinks

21st over
Paul to Moeen Ali, no run
Ooh, this boomerangs back in, Moeen cops a blow this time

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Onionman0 2023-03-21 05:47:50 

Link Text

Joined Lucknow Super Giants...no more Regional cricket....