The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Nial Simith 4-39, Guyana destroying Jamaica

Slipfeeler 2023-03-23 17:44:14 

I guess Jamaica’s batting struggles continue as the lowest regional score was averted by the last wicket batsmen who have put on 50 runs partnership, much to the humiliation of Jamaica’s top order and middle-order batsmen, except for Green. JA was 29/6; 54/7; 64/8. With this continued poor team batting performances, I am perplexed as to the source of the problem. At the start of the tournament, we could blame the selectors for their poor selection but what is the problem now with two WI players inserted into the team? So, is it that Jamaica is just batting poorly or maybe Nial Smith and the Guyanese bowlers are on top of their game? However, we have to learn how to finish off teams, from 29/6 to now over 100 runs with the last pair fighting on for JA.

Jumpstart 2023-03-23 17:50:55 

In reply to Slipfeeler
nial has pace and he's aggressive, will trouble any WI batsman now....lord knows they are petrified of fast bowling

Slipfeeler 2023-03-23 17:52:56 

In reply to Jumpstart

Well, we seem to be uncovering some developing young fast bowlers, hence more reasons for A-team and B-team tours.

Jumpstart 2023-03-23 18:52:11 

In reply to Slipfeeler

yeah

Dukes 2023-03-24 09:16:30 

Nial Smith needs to significantly improve his fitness and stamina.
If you noticed that after his first spell he looked much less pacey and effective. Many of our fast bowlers can not bowl 18-20 overs in a day and be effective after tea in their third spell.

The same goes for Mindley.

BTW I still have significant doubts about the legitimacy of the action of Ronsford Beaton.

buds 2023-03-24 10:20:05 

In reply to Slipfeeler

JA have to look to the U19 players because we have no prospects at the senior level. Not one of them can bat. Except for the two test players JA is just cannon fodder. Nial Smith is the real deal. He has some rahtid pace,