The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

CONCACAF Nations League resumes

bdaTryangle 2023-03-24 15:40:32 

Anyone attending any fixtures? I see poor Barbados still can't buy a goal, they're on a horrid run.

Jamaica has a chance to top their group if they beat Mexico.

Didn't know former T&T star Stern John had moved to coach St. Lucia - they're leading their group.

I'll be watching the Bermuda-Guyana match tomorrow, should be a good contest.

FanAttick 2023-03-24 19:20:20 

In reply to bdaTryangle

I saw Suriname dropping some ball on Mexico last night

Even though they lost 0-2 and Mexico used their 2nd string in the 1st half, Suriname gave them lots of problems and created numerous chances…if they had better composure in the final 3rd the outcome could have been different

I dont know if they can keep the nucleus off their team together over the next couple of years but they could give the other Concacaf countries problems during Gold Cup and World Cup Qualifying

XDFIX 2023-03-25 01:48:21 

Yard play against Mex Sunday! I would have loved to see Whisper in on one of the matches, but the coach said no!

Tryangle 2023-03-25 20:56:11 

Guyana too good on the day for a mistake-prone Bermuda. 2-0 on a beautiful spring day.

nitro 2023-03-26 01:09:52 

In reply to FanAttick

Suriname recruiting from the Netherlands hard. They will be a threat for 2026 WCQ.

granite 2023-03-28 11:14:17 

In reply to FanAttick

Making a judgement from that match I expected Yard to beat Mexico,and should've done,I must say, that goal from distance for Yard, can match any goal in the big leagues of world football.I long to see the day when Caribbean teams are a match for the Central Americans.Why are they always getting the nod over us.

bdaTryangle 2023-03-28 12:13:12 

In reply to granite

Yeah, Central America definitely came out ahead of the Islands this time around sad

Headley 2023-03-29 17:04:19 

In reply to granite

I must say, that goal from distance for Yard, can match any goal in the big leagues of world football.

We should train to take those long distance shots. we have the people who can do it. We will never play with the level of cohesiveness needed to break down the big teams because our players are an aggregration and not a true team.

Why are they always getting the nod over us.

See above.

bdaTryangle 2023-03-29 18:25:44 

In reply to Headley

It was a great-looking goal indeed.

A long range shot on goal can have the following options once it's on target:

Keeper saves it
Keeper parries it (either for a corner or back into the field of play)
Goal scored.

If the attacking team pushes bodies forward then result (2) becomes a second opportunity to score off the parry. So I understand where you're coming from. Seeing some of the highlights from other Nations League matches show that some teams are willing to test from distance.