CaribbeanCricket.com

The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Forums The Rum Shop
Dhoni inspires Shai to victory???

Dhoni inspires Shai to victory???

Sun, Oct 4, '26 at 2:20 PM

NOT FLOYD?? OR EVEN SAMMY??? HOW DARE HE!!! 😡

This is sucking up of Ian Bishop proportions!!!

IPL contract guaranteed now. Smart move by Shai cool

Sun, Oct 4, '26 at 3:38 PM

@imusic wrote:

NOT FLOYD?? OR EVEN SAMMY??? HOW DARE HE!!! 😡
This is sucking up of Ian Bishop proportions!!!
IPL contract guaranteed now. Smart move by Shai

You mean sucking up like VOR!!! Poor Scammy gets no credit!

Sun, Oct 4, '26 at 6:05 PM

@googley wrote:

You mean sucking up like VOR!!! Poor Scammy gets no credit!

Speaking about the impact he had on his game after chatting with the veteran Indian keeper-batter Dhoni, Hope said, “I had a great chat with the great man MS Dhoni; he was telling me you always have more time than you think. So just trying not to focus too much on the end result. Just look at the process, try to break the game down as best as I can and find ways to get the boundaries in the back end.” Hope's tribute underlines how Dhoni’s legendary finishing wisdom continues to inspire international stars.

Oh Geeeze our pal Voicey will not like this....🤣

Sun, Oct 4, '26 at 6:11 PM

@imusic wrote:

NOT FLOYD?? OR EVEN SAMMY??? HOW DARE HE!!! 😡
This is sucking up of Ian Bishop proportions!!!
IPL contract guaranteed now. Smart move by Shai

IMO, if Shai continues to be captain I think he should give up the gloves and focus on being a more effective field marshall.

I think being a wicket keeper hinders your ability to be an effective captain, unless you’re MS Dhoni of course.🤔

Mon, Oct 5, '26 at 11:47 AM

@StumpCam wrote:

IMO, if Shai continues to be captain I think he should give up the gloves and focus on being a more effective field marshall.
I think being a wicket keeper hinders your ability to be an effective captain, unless you’re MS Dhoni of course.🤔

Well he is showing some of Dhoni's qualities, who likes to perform when injured.

Mon, Oct 5, '26 at 12:48 PM

@natty_forever wrote:

Well he is showing some of Dhoni's qualities, who likes to perform when injured.

Yes, indeed!

However, I was alluding to his captaincy while in the field. To me he is not as commanding as he needs to be as a leader.

Which can be the difference between winning and losing! Unlike the fast paced T20s, ODIs do afford a bit more time to engage with your players, whether field adjustments or advising your bowlers in critical situations.

It’s the little things that matters.

Maybe he has, but I haven’t noticed.

Mon, Oct 5, '26 at 3:03 PM

@StumpCam wrote:

Yes, indeed!
However, I was alluding to his captaincy while in the field. To me he is not as commanding as he needs to be as a leader.
Which can be the difference between winning and losing! Unlike the fast paced T20s, ODIs do afford a bit more time to engage with your players, whether field adjustments or advising your bowlers in critical situations.
It’s the little things that matters.
Maybe he has, but I haven’t noticed.

Gotcha.

Forums The Rum Shop
Dhoni inspires Shai to victory???