Hetmeyer needed to make a big 50 and Rovman was disappointing again. Our bowling did well to restrict India to 223 and we only fell 14 runs yes 14 runs short so the blame falls squarely on our batsmen who failed to deliver once Hope fell cheaply. Happy that we continue to compete but need to start winning some more games.
We missed a golden opportunity to go 2-1 up!
Again I am not going to blame Kamil after 3 ODIS as our senior batsmen outside Hope and Rutherford need to step up!
@voiceofreason wrote:
Again I am not going to blame Kamil after 3 ODIS as our senior batsmen outside Hope and Rutherford need to step up!
I wonder when you will overcome your illogical and irrational tendencies?
Is 18 from 18 in the powerplay of any helpful value chasing over 220 runs?
@Courtesy wrote:
I wonder when you will overcome your illogical and irrational tendencies?
Is 18 from 18 in the powerplay of any helpful value chasing over 220 runs?
Where did I say it was????
I simply said he has only played 3T20IS so I will cut him some slack. Regardlss of this shortcoming we fell 14 runs short! Does your arrogance allow you to understand that?? The game was winnable despite that poor start by the INEXPERIENCED Pooran.
So easy to pick on the rookie when senior guys continue to fail. Rovman and Hety have not had a consequential score this series. Oh I get it they got out because of the rookie.
@voiceofreason wrote:
Where did I say it was????
I simply said he has only played 3T20IS so I will cut him some slack. Regardlss of this shortcoming we fell 14 runs short! Does your arrogance allow you to understand that?? The game was winnable despite that poor start.
I hate to engage in hypotheticals when dealing with sports. But fundamental to the argument is this: You haffi maximize the powerplay, especially when your opponent scores 223 and in their powerplay they scored 90+ runs. You are giving up too much advantage and inevitably, you put your colleague batters under pressure to take up your slack.
What is so difficult to understand in this?
We were too far behind in the powerplay. More often than not you will lose these matches.
@voiceofreason wrote:
So easy to pick on the rookie when senior guys continue to fail. Rovman and Hety have not had a consequential score this series. Oh I get it they got out because of the rookie.
If I am to blame anyone it will be Sammy for persisting with him when most persons were saying he is not ready for the big stage.
I blame Sammy's stubbornness and lack of strategy. The youth should have left the pavillion with the mindset SEE BALL HIT BALL.
Further, Sammy waited for 10 overs to send out a message.