The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

IS KOHLI "ARROGANT" and "HIS ARROGANCE" Ruining INDIAN Cricket?

Emir 2018-01-20 08:53:09 

This is a fantastic read of Kohli and India's cricket- the author, a famous Indian Historian says what a lot of Indians- albeit the silent majority, are feeling.

Link Text

Only when India consistently win Tests and series in South Africa, and only when they do likewise in Australia, can they properly consider themselves world champions in cricket.

The BCCI and their cheerleaders brag about India being the centre of world cricket. This may be true in monetary terms, but decidedly not in sporting terms.

In any field in India - whether it be politics or business or academia or sport - when strength of character is combined with solidity of achievement, it leads to an individual's dominance over the institution.

I was witness to the reach and range of Kohli's dominating self in my four months in the BCCI's Committee of Administrators. The board's officials worshipped him even more than the Indian cabinet worships Narendra Modi. They deferred to him absolutely, even in matters like the Future Tours Programme or the management of the National Cricket Academy, which were not within the Indian captain's ken.
Imagine, this young punk getting all this kudos???

Devin 2018-01-20 09:30:22 

In reply to Emir

You jealous?

WICFan 2018-01-20 09:53:54 

India will be playing lots of cricket at home in the next ftp.

No better way for Kohli to bat up that avg & captaincy stats.

Emir 2018-01-20 09:55:26 

In reply to Devin

I did not write the article.

Verstehen 2018-01-20 10:05:49 

In reply to Emir

Great article.

Devin 2018-01-20 10:23:48 

In reply to Emir

No shit, Sherlock. Why are you obsessed with Kohli and all things Indian?

StumpCam 2018-01-20 12:09:25 

In reply to Devin

Why are you obsessed with Kohli and all things Indian?

Hehehe! lol lol lol

goofballs 2018-01-20 12:34:59 

Is this really true?
Is Indian cricket being run by a bunch of Wusses? (and a 'Rat).
Unbelievable.

Ravi Shastri was chosen over Tom Moody (and other contenders) because Vinod Rai, Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman were intimidated by the Indian captain into subordinating the institution to the individual.

goofballs 2018-01-20 12:42:46 

You jealous?

No shit, Sherlock. Why are you obsessed with Kohli

Devin has exclusive rights to obsess over de Rat!
I remember when I was last here he was worse than any stalker tracking and obsessing over Rat. lol lol

goofballs 2018-01-20 12:52:07 

I loved Ganguly as he represented the change from the stereotypical docile, non aggressive, perhaps non assertive Indian.
This represented a shift from colonialism and subsequent obsessions with foreign cultures and a more confident, assertive Indian who won't put up with crap, like we see on this illustrious publication.
Kohli has that feature exaggerated to the nth degree to the point of almost appearing obnoxious and being obnoxious at times, to make his point.
Reminds me of here where someone has to be a cuss bud just to make his point. razz

Go get dem Kohli Cuss Buds!

Second guessing decisions like selection after the fact will always be there.
It was neither here nor there.
He put them in place.

Devin 2018-01-20 17:44:40 

How is Kohli's arrogance ruining India when they are basically a top 3 team in all formats, and their under-19 team is loaded with talent?

Emir 2018-01-20 17:49:41 

In reply to goofballs

I loved Ganguly as he represented the change from the stereotypical docile, non aggressive, perhaps non assertive Indian. [quote]

Agreed, I did as well.

But when Kohli came, I warned them he was too arrogant for India's good, and then he got too big for his lil pants, and the injustice against Anil, I drew the line with him.

I love seeing him as a batter, he is arguably the best of his generation and and an excellent batter and potentially could become a great in the footsteps of Gavaskar, Amarnath, Azar, Vishy, Dravid and Sachin

BeatDball 2018-01-20 18:07:55 

Wtf? An assertive lead from the front captain...daiz something bad!? Heard he also takes input from everybloody. Emir...have a shot of puncheon & go to sleep. Btw, I shall not tell U imam!
big grin

goofballs 2018-01-20 20:48:25 

Not having lived in Guyana since 1975, but talking to people once in a while and keeping abreast every few years by reading the NY Times, I mean CCC.Com, one can still clearly draw some conclusions and see some parallels in Guyana now compared to the Sixties.

Windies2017 2018-01-20 22:00:46 

In reply to goofballs

Wow that's a long time.. did you leave Guyana as a youth?

goofballs 2018-01-20 23:06:23 

In reply to Windies2017
Yep.
POINT is, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see the changing trend in India and comparative patterns in Guyana.
No longer could any Larwa (prick) bully, intimidate, harass or easily do physical harm based on the victim's race.
Well, I heard the fella Jagdeo was assertive and "arrogant" also.

Jagan was more the easy going, classic statesman.

Talking about leaders here. smile