The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Tillerson is no diplomat

Drapsey 2018-02-07 07:53:39 

Or, is he?

Russians already meddling in US midterms, Tillerson says

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Tuesday warned the United States is ill-prepared to prevent Russian interference in the upcoming midterms, as it was in the 2016 general election.

“I don't know that I would say we are better prepared, because the Russians will adapt as well,” Tillerson said in an exclusive interview with Fox News in Bogota, Colombia. “The point is, if it's their intention to interfere, they are going to find ways to do that. We can take steps we can take but this is something that, once they decide they are going to do it, it's very difficult to preempt it.”

Russia is already attempting to interfere “in the U.S. in 2018” ahead of congressional midterm elections as it did in the 2016 general election, he said.

That sounds like an admission that the Russians did interfere in the 2016 elections as widely claimed. If so, then why continue the Mueller investigation?

Dukes 2018-02-07 08:16:13 

In reply to Drapsey

If so, then why continue the Mueller investigation
?

REALLY??????

The Mueller investigation is not to determine whether the Russians interfered with the 2016 elections. It is to determine whether any AMERICANS helped them!!!!!!

Drapsey 2018-02-07 08:24:53 

In reply to Dukes

True, but I think that this is just an attempt to 'soften' the impact of whatever the outcome of the investigation.

Baby steps?