The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Carnival terrorist threat thwarted

VIX 2018-02-09 08:22:56 

FOUR men are in police custody after the were held in relation to an alleged plot to disrupt Carnival activities. This was confirmed in an emergency press conference held at the Police Administration Building in Port of Spain yesterday evening.
Newsday understands the attack was supposed to take place either on Carnival Monday or Tuesday, with the US Embassy as the target.

US Embassy:
Event: The Government of Trinidad and Tobago recently disrupted a plan to attack Carnival (ending on February 13, 201cool. In light of the recent operation, the Government of Trinidad and Tobago is taking additional active steps to secure Carnival events out of an abundance of caution. U.S. government personnel are advised to exercise additional caution and increased situational awareness if they participate in Carnival events.

Actions to Take:

Enroll in STEP.
Monitor local media for updates.
Be aware of your surroundings.
Keep a low profile.

Assistance:

U.S. Embassy Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago

DAVE400 2018-02-09 08:45:32 

In reply to VIX

Boy, I feel it really have a conspiracy against Carnival...first the wining permission now this.

bravos 2018-02-09 09:04:09 

In reply to DAVE400, Vix

Total bullshit,who they going to kill dey relatives in a band?

Fellas they wishing that fuh we bad boy....they want we to feel that pain to make their theories relevant..

Not even bakr want any part of that,local muslims kicking up a storm about this..

Pure bullshit..

Emir 2018-02-09 09:18:19 

In reply to bravos

Thank you.

Nobody in Trinidad believe the police and the Trump administration.
I understand everybody in Trinidad laughing at this.

bravos 2018-02-09 09:37:15 

In reply to Emir

Pal they want that fuh we bad,we defying their packaged 'logic' yuh see...

doosra 2018-02-09 09:39:29 

In reply to bravos

demman peep yuh thread and want spile a show big grin

VIX 2018-02-09 09:43:04 

In reply to bravos

but:

TRINIDAD and Tobago's national security authorities obtained vital intelligence from international partners warning of a terrorist threat aimed at disrupting Carnival celebrations next Monday and Tuesday which led to an emergency news conference being called yesterday to alert the population of a threat.

Trinidad Express

bravos 2018-02-09 09:53:30 

In reply to VIX

Padna dem mussi hear "as we come off de stage we jammin bumpa all by de embassy"..." an tink is bomb the embassy!! smile smile smile

Dem is de same people who say Sadaam have WMD's remember...where is Saddam today...lol

Where is Iraq today btw..

One thing the security forces gonna be even more impressive as they are usually for carnival..

NYCGURU 2018-02-10 08:37:41 

In reply to bravos

Thanks for the Saturday morning laugh. Photographer and now comedian. You are the best...

che 2018-02-10 08:44:37 

In reply to NYCGURU

lol lol lol

bravos 2018-02-10 09:06:12 

In reply to NYCGURU

I'm not a photographer or a comedian but a person that knows many aspects of T&T better than most..

Whoever looking for such an attack sorry...we jammin still..

bravos 2018-02-10 09:06:36 

In reply to che

Lil prick you took long to show up..

Jabari18 2018-02-10 15:57:03 

In reply to bravos

Dem fellas jus mad dat dey hadda ask for a wine

Curtis 2018-02-10 15:58:30 

Ah tort this was a thread about Iwer George and his attempt to capture Road March 2018

lol lol lol lol

bravos 2018-02-10 20:24:31 

In reply to Jabari18

Dais it... lol

Where you gonna be btw? You passing through town?

Emir 2018-02-10 20:42:44 

In reply to Jabari18

big grin

Narper 2018-02-11 11:08:02 

Upon her return to London and still trying to come to terms with the robbery, Binns took to her Facebook page and wrote: “People, for those of you that don’t know Trinidad; to come away from an incident like this, unharmed, is quite literally, unheard of. It is not enough for bandits to rob you; they need to beat you, humiliate you, rape your wife and murder anyone they find in your house, parents, children, grandchildren and then murder you too. I swear to you I am not exaggerating. This is the state of Trinidad. Crime over there is violent and it is bloody and people who are victims do not walk away from incidents. They are carried away in body bags.”

Terrorists attack Brit couple

bravos 2018-02-11 11:12:12 

In reply to Narper

They lucky,in London they mandatory smash your face and then take your stuff..

I feel their pain but all that crazy talk is from the shock,so how come dey ain hurt them? In T&T they mostly rob you and once you don't resist they say "have a nice day",even leave wedding rings on request,have seen it with my own eyes and it's something other people experienced also,even leave you with 'passage' money to reach home,sim card,memory card etc.....

I know we have our own sickos too sickos too,always did,but more and more we have all kinda people changing up the MO's here,plenty Venes robbing people and they different...

Emir 2018-02-11 23:43:29 

In reply to Narper

Your link reads "Terrorist attack Brit couple" but no where in the article was the word terrorist written.