The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Majority of the Guyanese genuinely want this

Narper 2018-12-23 12:00:24 

The President on Saturday in a statement issued by the Ministry of the Presidency said he is anxious to engage Jagdeo on any concerns he may have. He also provided assurances that there will be no confrontations.

“Mr Jagdeo contacted the Minister of State (Joseph Harmon) and a meeting will be arranged as early as possible so that his concerns can be addressed,” Granger explained in the statement.

The Opposition Leader, who is also the General Secretary of the PPP, noted that while the preceding events were unprecedented, it is pushing democracy forward.

“We on both sides of the House, we have to now sit and talk about how we move forward over the course of the next few months and over the course of the future. I’m doing that on this side… and I’m very conscious of what I mean and what implications it would have for the future of Guyana,” he posited.

Link

Narper 2018-12-23 12:01:11 

The Opposition Leader acknowledged that both sides have constituencies and as such,

“we have to find a way now to ensure that we maximise all of the national skills and look past the politics of it so that we can, in the upcoming era, which can be transformative, we can present a united face to the rest of the world.

And this, although it may seem an unprecedented and maybe disappointing for the members of the Government side, it’s also an opportunity – and I would hope we all see it as an opportunity – for engagement very, very early on both sides and decide on how we [move forward].”

Emir 2018-12-23 12:04:32 

They want stability and a non racial democracy. Now please tell how Jagdeo's party can deliver that given the composition of its leaders?

SnoopDog 2018-12-23 12:16:30 

In reply to Mulla Bin Emir

There are more Afros in Jagdeo’s party than there are Indos in Granger’s party.

Let’s see if your itty bitty Mulla Tittie brain can figure out which of the two parties best represents the diversity of Guyana.

Narper 2018-12-23 12:17:09 

In reply to Emir

I know what you want...what excites you

Chaos and bachanal...racial strife....so you can blame ONE side only

sgtdjones 2018-12-23 14:46:37 

In reply to Narper

Ignore the mulla, he is a senile moron.

I am glad that both parties are meeting and hopefully they will call an election. Let the electorate decide.

The concern lies where a Venezuelan naval boat rammed
a vessel under contract to Exxon.

Russia is in Venezuela, Trump is a weenie, I hope
Venezuela doesn't move in on Guyana, during this period of uncertainty. Trump may do nothing.

Emir 2018-12-24 08:09:11 

In reply to Narper

Really?

Narper 2019-01-09 18:41:08 

President David Granger says that the meeting today between the government and the opposition ended successfully with the two sides reaching agreement on some issues.

Granger provided an update minutes after the one-hour-long meeting between himself and Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo ended, in a live video which is available on the Ministry of the Presidency’s Facebook page.

link
“I would say in conclusion that we have had a successful engagement. Both the Leader of the Opposition and the President are concerned about the situation. We would like to assure the public in Guyana that we are working to a solution which they will be satisfied with. The public interest is of paramount concern”, he said.

camos 2019-01-09 18:45:39 

encouraging!