The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Anisa thrilled over taking Lara?s wicket

sgtdjones 2019-01-07 11:40:29 

Anisa thrilled over taking Lara’s wicket

EXPERIENCED national and West Indies women’s off-spinner Anisa Mohammed was thrilled after getting the wicket of the legendary Brian Lara, during a T20 charity match between the Daren Ganga XI and the Lara XI at the Daren Ganga Recreation Ground, Barrackpore on Saturday.

Both teams posted scores of 181 in their respective innings, but the Ganga XI prevailed via the super over.

During the super over phase, Mohammed had the 49-year-old Lara stumped by wicket-keeper Fazil Jahoor.

“It was a great feeling,” said Mohammed, during an interview yesterday. “In the actual game, he did hit me for a couple sixes but to come back and dismiss him first ball in the super over was a big achievement for me. After all, he is one of the best batters the world has ever seen.”

The 30-year-old Mohammed said she was not overawed during her battle with the ex-TT and West Indies captain.

“To me it was just a competition and I had to do my job,” she said. “But I was really excited when I got there and I found out I was playing against him.

“Daren said I would get the chance to bowl (at) him,” Mohammed continued. “I was looking forward to bowling against him actually. To be able to bowl to him and to bowl dot balls, that was a big thing to me.”

Link Text