The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Bassarath returns as president TTCB

sgtdjones 2019-01-16 23:27:42 

Bassarath returns as president TTCB

Smoke en­gulfed the Na­tion­al Crick­et Cen­tre (NCC) be­cause of a hor­ri­ble bush fire last evening and while it raged, in­cum­bent pres­i­dent Az­im Bas­sararh was busy smok­ing out his con­tender Di­nanath Ram­nar­ine on the in­side.

The Moru­ga res­i­dent who has been in charge of do­mes­tic crick­et for the past nine years will con­tin­ue to lead, af­ter he de­feat­ed Ram­nar­ine 31 votes to 13 for the top post of the sport lo­cal­ly.

On­ly on Mon­day, Bas­sarath was the sub­ject of an au­dit for 2014-2016 con­duct­ed by the Na­tion­al Gas Com­pa­ny (NGC) which made na­tion­al news head­lines af­ter the TTCB was ac­cused of mis­al­lo­ca­tion of $3 mil­lion dol­lars.

The funds were spon­sor­ship from the NGC, a state-owned com­pa­ny which re­quest­ed the TTCB to re­pay that mon­ey forth­with.

With this mat­ter still un­re­solved, Bas­sarath still man­aged to win a con­fi­dence vote from the gen­er­al mem­ber­ship in con­vinc­ing fash­ion to the dis­ap­point­ment of his op­po­nent.

The con­tro­ver­sial Ram­nar­ine, who to­geth­er with a for­mer na­tion­al cap­tain Daren Gan­ga raged a le­gal court bat­tle with the or­gan­i­sa­tion chal­leng­ing the 12 out­go­ing votes held by the ex­ec­u­tive, proved to be not a wor­thy con­tender on the day.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-01-16 23:28:58 

In an im­me­di­ate re­ac­tion, Ram­nar­ine said it was still a vic­to­ry for him be­cause dur­ing the process he was able to bring to light many short­com­ings by the TTCB. "Win­ning an elec­tion is just a small part of it and I will con­tin­ue to fight for good gov­er­nance."

TTCB ELEC­TIONS RE­SULTS

Pres­i­dent- Az­im Bas­sarath de­feat­ed Di­nanath Ram­nar­ine 31-13.

1st Vice pres­i­dent- Ar­joon Ram­lal un­op­posed

2nd vice pres­i­dent - Ker­wyn John un­op­posed

3rd vice pres­i­dent- Paras­ram Singh

Gen­er­al Sec­re­tary - Su­ru­j­dath Ma­habir de­feat­ed Anil Ka­mal 23-20

Trea­sur­er - Sukesh Ma­ni­am de­feat­ed Ma­habir Ra­goo­nanan 28-16

TTCB Ex­ec­u­tive mem­bers

Ex­ec­u­tive mem­bers Ann Browne John, Manohar Ra­madan, Sam Phillip, An­der­son Per­sad and Kelvin Mo­hammed.

Drapsey 2019-01-17 05:45:49 

In reply to sgtdjones

Man, looks like this Dinas guy is a born loser.

Or can we blame this latest loss on the horrible nearby bush fire that coincided with the elections.

XDFIX 2019-01-17 06:02:15 

In reply to Drapsey

Man write the story like Dinas was being taken to the morgue

Wat happen to his sidekick - the commentator one, apparently smarter than Dinas he knows which battle to fight

natty_forever 2019-01-17 08:05:16 

In reply to XDFIX

The con­tro­ver­sial Ram­nar­ine, who to­geth­er with a for­mer na­tion­al cap­tain Daren Gan­ga

sgtdjones 2019-01-17 11:32:38 

In reply to Drapsey

Naw Grapeseed

Rum drinkers voted so the biggest drunk won.

Dinas doh drink

sad

FuzzyWuzzy 2019-01-17 11:57:35 

In reply to sgtdjones

After all your campaigning das all you can say? loser!

openning 2019-01-17 12:02:28 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

I wrote something similar earlier, but did not save it.
He has been campaigning for a couple years, even had flag waiving Point as his assistant.
The people in POS and Kingstown, ready to stone them two, if they try putting placards up again. lol lol

sgtdjones 2019-01-17 16:49:23 

I am surprised at the results

It is obvious that the representatives are happy with all the controversies that surround T&TCB.

One can control such by "Rum till I die syndrome",
and it has worked here.

Since this Administration and 4 elections later Cricket
have regressed, a look at our FC teams in the Caribbean competition run by CWI shows such. Post-mortems are done
yet we don't improve.

It is a sad day for Cricket in T&T.

redface