The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

INDIA KAKA AT HOME AGAIN- AUSSIE WINS 3-2

Emir 2019-03-13 15:00:32 

I did not expect this. India recent ODI form was flawless, winning games after games. Then enter the deflated Aussies, absent their 3 top players, wham they beat India bad bad bad.

Is India a flat track bully- can scale any heights in 350 runs chases when given flat and dead pitches but when faced with a fair pitch wilt like bhaggi?

As we enter the WC, I maintain there are no clear favorites. India now look very shaky when the pitch offer an even contest. In fact so to is England.

If the WC allows for fair pitches giving bowlers some help, then India and England becomes suspect while SA, WI, Pak will have a shot.

granite 2019-03-13 15:25:59 

In reply to Emir

Australia is a good bloody bet to win the WC,after beating India at home.I will be checking the odds tomorrow.

CricketLuva4 2019-03-13 15:54:57 

In reply to granite

Yep....no Smith, Warner, Hazlewood or Starcy.

Cuter 2019-03-13 16:03:15 

In reply to Emir

lol

WICFan 2019-03-13 17:11:57 

In reply to Emir

It'll either give India a slap in the face or it's beginning of a meltdown.

Emir 2019-03-13 17:44:16 

In reply to WICFan

beginning of a meltdown.

It is very possible. They peaked too early heading into the WC, and for them and England, the fact is this- they cannot do better than what they have achieved during the past 3 years in ODI's, while others are just catching up. Ex, WI Vs Eng.

So for these two, it may well be a period of decline from their high. Not a good sign heading into the WC.

The rating means nothing, as this format ultimate prize is the World Cup.