The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

I am neither Male nor Female

Casper 2019-03-18 11:13:35 

I am non-binary.

This world is moving in mysterious ways.

Tryangle 2019-03-18 12:55:06 

It's admittedly confusing. To each their own, though.

Emir 2019-03-18 13:10:55 

In reply to Casper

I am holding off on judgement. Could it be we are in a new discovery era? Is it a social disease? Is it a mental disease?

Go back 50 years, was there any LGBT-QI?

I take my guidance on Homosexuality directly form the Quran:

The Quran confirms the existence of Homosexuality and the sexual urges of the homosexual person as legitimate. The Quran does not call for oppression of the Homosexual but accords equal and normal treatment for them

The Quran speaks directly to the homosexual person- requires them to suppress their sexual urges, it tells them what prayer could be recited to help that suppression and forbid same sex intercourse. However, if the homosexual person engages in same sex, that sin is forgivable, if the person sincerely repents, as in Islam only one sin is not forgivable.

The homosexual is eligible to the same rewards and justice as a non homosexual person. In addition, there is no "sexual test" to be a good person and or a cleric.

Tryangle 2019-03-18 14:02:53 

In reply to Emir

Is 'disease' the appropriate term to use here? After all, it's unlikely that people feeling this way when it comes to gender etc., is some brand new concept of the new millennium. Probably always existed but was suppressed because society demanded everything fit into one box or another.

Even taking the LGBTQI question - clearly there were gay people 50 years ago and well beforehand. They would have just kept it to themselves for fear of being persecuted and otherwise ostracised. It's only relatively recently that they've mobilised into support groups, etc.

Thanks for sharing the take of how the Quran addresses it.

ray 2019-03-18 14:06:39 

non-binary---give and receive

Kay 2019-03-18 14:29:31 

In reply to ray

Best of both worlds! smile

DukeStreet 2019-03-18 14:41:11 

In reply to Casper

He never addresses the love interests in his songs as "she" or "her" or "girl", etc. It's always "you".

nitro 2019-03-18 14:43:41 

In reply to DukeStreet

These folks getting weirderer.

Runs 2019-03-18 15:04:38 

In reply to Casper

lol

ray 2019-03-18 15:55:49 

In reply to nitro

like you just woke up...this stuff being going on since mankind started...nobody getting weirder, just you living in ah hole

Emir 2019-03-18 16:12:17 

In reply to Tryangle

Is 'disease' the appropriate term to use here?

I don't know, but there are folks in the medical field who believe it is a disease and therefore it is a medical condition and not some sexual deviancy as radical evangelicals and other fanatics claim.

Even taking the LGBTQI question - clearly there were gay people 50 years ago and well beforehand.

Obviously, but my point is society did not coin the term LGBTQI and they had no rights, so my point is we have evolved our thinking, and perhaps so too we will the new "binary" designation in the future as we learn more about that condition.

BeatDball 2019-03-18 17:52:58 

When we get to the liberal state, that will be the end of western civilization. So, lets all stand & bow in reverence to the Dragon!
cool

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-18 17:57:52 

What did the bible says about it?

What does Hinduism say?

Scholars..come in