The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Shiv endorses Cameron

positiveg 2019-03-21 08:35:42 

The 44-year-old former West Indies captain, who appeared in 164 Tests and 268 ODIs in a career spanning 21 years, pledged allegiance to Cameron and Vice-president Emmanuel Nanthan, who are up against challengers Ricky Skerritt and Dr. Kishore Shallow.

camos 2019-03-21 08:58:32 

In reply to positiveg

probably Shiv not great, or not a past player!

lol

Larr Pullo 2019-03-21 09:03:49 

pledged allegiance? Cameron is a deity now?

camos 2019-03-21 09:06:04 

In reply to Larr Pullo
every man looking out for himself!

Larr Pullo 2019-03-21 09:09:35 

In reply to camos

Yeah the statement isn't even in Shiv's voice...

Drapsey 2019-03-21 09:27:20 

In reply to positiveg

The man knows on which side his bread is buttered.

The Big IDIOT was the one who (unsuccessfully) tried to keep Shiv in the WI team at least until a proper farewell could be convened. Those past players who're now proponents of the opposition all gave Shiv the old heave-o.

Narper 2019-03-21 09:47:54 

I am not surprised at all.

Skerrit is the skunt who accused Shiv of faking...and pretending to have pain in his foot......That was on an OZ tour...when Skerrit was manager

Shiv spent his own money to get it checked...and lo and behold he did have a floating bone in his foot....and he had surgery to remove it.....the runs flowed after that.

Poll the recently retired West Indian players....not those of the glory years.... especially those who played when Skerrit was manager....I bet none is going to support Skerrit

It is well documented what Skerrit did to Lara.

Skerrit had no respect for the players....he tried to bully them...he was not liked...

Knock he skunt Shiv

Cameron did try to get you that 2 tests you asked for

And Cameron did fire Big PU-C and Simmons for not giving a break....a reasonable request for two more tests as there was no one knocking on the door to replace you....in fact they haven't replaced you as yet since they retired you

And Cameron did make you an ambassador for the last Women T20 WC tournament in the WI

goofballs 2019-03-21 09:57:13 

In reply to positiveg

So is who the voters them who Shiv trying to influence?
The people of the Caribbean get to vote?
Why all this hype?

positiveg 2019-03-21 10:37:21 

In reply to Narper

Of all the points you made only one I can speak about.
If Lara and Skerritt had issues why then Lara is Skerritt daughter Godfather?
Shiv should of been given a better send off and if Lloyd was one to rush him into retirement, how come Cameron didn't use his executive powers as he does now to make sure Shiv stayed in the team. You and all, I believe, have accused Cameron of picking the team. So we know he has influence.

The rest of it if Skerritt has done Shiv harm and this is Shiv way of getting back well then more power to him. I won't ever make noise about the decisions made by big people and no vex with Shiv I respect the man's decision.

CITYBOY 2019-03-21 10:37:28 

In reply to Narper

Hola...LLoyd is irrelevant...he had a good run on the world stage...that crap he did to Shiv..(a fellow Guyanese) made him a loser....no arguments...
Cameron will win...and big too...but when he does he just needs to rid himself of all the jokers around.
Adios
CB

natty_forever 2019-03-21 12:01:09 

In reply to positiveg

You and all, I believe, have accused Cameron of picking the team. So we know he has influence.
… this goes to show it is a lie.

lol lol lol

Narper 2019-03-21 12:06:43 

In reply to positiveg

You and all, I believe, have accused Cameron of picking the team. So we know he has influence.

I would be shocked if HE didn't have influence.
Isn't that why he fired Lloyd and Simmons...for ignoring his advice to give Shiv another two test.....as he had PUBLICLY promised Shiv another two tests...and stated Shiv would be in Bim for the test...but we know what happened ...

positiveg 2019-03-21 12:35:25 

In reply to Narper

Ok then but she he have that kind of influence
Let's minus Shiv from the equation.
Should the president be deciding who plays from who doesn't?

Narper 2019-03-21 13:34:29 

In reply to positiveg

Should the president be deciding who plays from who doesn't?

No
That should up to the selectors.
But it also depends on the mandate of the selectors. Do we know what this ? Who does the chairman of the selector report to? Does the board sanction all players selected? Who evaluates the performance of the selectors?

Now if the selectors have made selections or omissions that are not in the interest of WI cricket....and the selectors are answerable to the board....then the Prez has the right to seek explanations or answers.

imusic 2019-03-21 14:00:34 

In reply to Narper

Now if the selectors have made selections or omissions that are not in the interest of WI cricket....and the selectors are answerable to the board....then the Prez has the right to seek explanations or answers.

Lol

positiveg 2019-03-21 14:03:41 

In reply to Narper

is the President the boss of the selectors or is the CEO the boss?

camos 2019-03-21 14:07:02 

In reply to positiveg
the pres is the boss of the CEO

positiveg 2019-03-21 14:08:47 

In reply to camos

Yeah I got that, Understand
But the role of the CEO is what? Every day affairs of the CWI right?

timeless99 2019-03-21 14:27:43 

Am a huge supporter of shiv his determination he was not the most gifted batsman and unlike lara who won us games shiv runs came in losing causes. When he was dropped he was well past his best and it was time to invest in younger players I don't believe in giving farewell when a guy is not good enough anymore

Drapsey 2019-03-21 16:07:00 

In reply to timeless99

Two more games so that he could be given a proper and deserving farewell was all that was asked.

We could afford it.

che 2019-03-21 17:10:18 

In reply to Narper

Skerrit is the skunt who accused Shiv of faking...and pretending to have pain in his foot.....

Knock he skunt Shiv

lol lol lol

Narper 2019-03-21 17:15:22 

In reply to positiveg

is the President the boss of the selectors or is the CEO the boss?
you tell me

WestDem 2019-03-21 17:33:03 

[b]In reply to positiveg

If Lara and Skerritt had issues why then Lara is Skerritt daughter Godfather?[/b]

Maybe therein lie the root of the dislike!
lol lol cool

Narper 2019-03-21 17:42:26 

Q: I want to get your take on the ICC Trophy episode when Lara took ill. You mentioned "Hepatitis" as the probable diagnosis, something that angered Lara because of issues related to privacy invasion. Did that whole episode put a strain on your relationship with Lara? Is that something you regret?

A: The ICC release quoted me as saying that Lara had been hospitalised with "suspected Hepatitis".

I had said this to the ICC representative based on what I had been actually told by the doctor. Because of the circumstances of the match, and my inexperience, I had begun to handle a personal medical situation in the same way that I usually handled a cricket-related injury.

Brian was understandably upset and told me so later that evening. It brought out an unprecedented issue of whether a performing player's reason for hospitalisation during a match is private or public.

On reflection I admitted that I had made an error of judgment in this situation and apologised to Brian the same night. It was a learning experience for me. The relationship between Brian and myself continues to grow
Idi Admin

Narper 2019-03-21 17:43:26 

Q: Your management team sent Dillon home for refusing to practice, a punishment that was subsequently overturned. Then, we had the Marlon Samuels issue, when he was dismissed from the tour of India, another decision that the board overruled because of a misunderstanding over the application of the rules. In retrospect, was that episode handled properly? Was there a sense from you that the WICB was hurting your efforts to be tough on indiscipline?

A: I honestly don't believe that the WICB at any time was against any of my attempts to be tough on indiscipline.

Narper 2019-03-21 17:49:45 

Q: When you were appointed, the plan was to have a three-man management team with an assistant coach. Why did the assistant coach Jeff Dujon suddenly disappear?

Larr Pullo 2019-03-21 17:53:30 

In reply to Narper

Because both Harper and Dujon were candidates for the HEAD COACH! When Harper was selected, Dujon obviously wasn't happy being jin an assistant role to Harper. It was silly to put them both in that position since they both were candidates for head coach.

Narper 2019-03-21 17:58:25 

Skerritt: In 2000, we were, in effect, thrown together as a management team.

My understanding is that the position of assistant coach had not even been envisaged by the Board prior to the time of our appointment.

I know of several coaches who would have applied for the assistant-coach position if they had known that such a position was available.

This is pertinent in the context that an individual might be a good assistant-coach but not necessarily a good head-coach and vice versa.

After the Australian tour the WICB transferred Dujon to a development coaching position where it was felt he could be more effective. As far as I know he is still employed in that position.

Narper 2019-03-22 17:39:39 

Like Fuzz didn't see this?

voiceofreason 2019-03-22 17:58:26 

In reply to positiveg

Of all the points you made only one I can speak about.
If Lara and Skerritt had issues why then Lara is Skerritt daughter Godfather?

Oh fact you go drive Narper to take another drink. smile

Narper 2019-03-22 18:04:59 

In reply to voiceofreason

Q: I want to get your take on the ICC Trophy episode when Lara took ill. You mentioned "Hepatitis" as the probable diagnosis, something that angered Lara because of issues related to privacy invasion. Did that whole episode put a strain on your relationship with Lara? Is that something you regret?

A: The ICC release quoted me as saying that Lara had been hospitalised with "suspected Hepatitis".

I had said this to the ICC representative based on what I had been actually told by the doctor. Because of the circumstances of the match, and my inexperience, I had begun to handle a personal medical situation in the same way that I usually handled a cricket-related injury.

Brian was understandably upset and told me so later that evening. It brought out an unprecedented issue of whether a performing player's reason for hospitalisation during a match is private or public.

On reflection I admitted that I had made an error of judgment in this situation and apologised to Brian the same night. It was a learning experience for me. The relationship between Brian and myself continues to grow

imusic 2019-03-22 18:41:39 

Player privacy issues and the nature of injuries are such that the NHL now only refers to the following types of injury when a player is out due to injury

Upper body injury
Lower body injury

Coaches, doctors, management etc are not allowed to reveal specifics of any injury.......except when a hit to the head occurs....in which case, the terminology is “the player is following the concussion protocol”

The sporting world has evolved significantly from the days of the incident quoted by Narper

camos 2019-03-22 18:45:57 

In reply to imusic
you still hear of torn ACL every week in the other sports.

Dukes 2019-03-23 06:16:09 

In reply to Narper

Just imagine,this is used to say that Skerritt is unsuitable to be CWI President.The other knock is the Mound Incident when a couple of players were seen in the Party Stand after WI were bowled out for 47.

Allyuh good oui!!!!!!!!

sudden 2019-03-23 07:41:55 

In reply to Dukes

i take that you would support Skerritt if you could vote

CITYBOY 2019-03-23 07:44:29 

In reply to Dukes

Hola...so you never had a bad day at the office???well I know I did and man it was rum time to settle the nerves and chill out..
Too much was put into the analysis of the boys going and have few with the fans and a lil wine up ..
We take life a little bit too serious sometimes..
The heads of governments in the West Indies ballsing up their country but partying daily.....see the parallel...
You are smart Dukes I like some of your posts but you are beginning to emulate POINT...pleaseeeeeee we can only handle one POINSTER
Adios
CB

outside_edge 2019-03-23 08:48:16 

In reply to positiveg

Re: Chanderpaul..... It is expected that someone who was illiterate until just a few years ago will support Cameron; that comes as no surprise.

StumpCam 2019-03-23 09:20:28 

In reply to outside_edge

Re: Chanderpaul..... It is expected that someone who was illiterate until just a few years ago will support Cameron; that comes as no surprise.

So, what does that say about all the geniuses that support Cameron?? rolleyes rolleyes

sudden 2019-03-23 09:35:58 

In reply to outside_edge

that is really out of line and unfair commentary on the character of Shiv

Narper 2019-03-23 09:39:06 

In reply to outside_edge

In reply to positiveg

And you think because someone allowed you to post here you are literate?

camos 2019-03-23 09:41:50 

In reply to outside_edge

If you are smarter than Shiv maker a persuasive argument as to why his choice is incorrect!
rolleyes

Narper 2019-03-23 09:48:50 

In reply to Dukes

Q: Your management team sent Dillon home for refusing to practice, a punishment that was subsequently overturned. Then, we had the Marlon Samuels issue, when he was dismissed from the tour of India, another decision that the board overruled because of a misunderstanding over the application of the rules. In retrospect, was that episode handled properly? Was there a sense from you that the WICB was hurting your efforts to be tough on indiscipline?

And if my memory serves me well there was a Jerome Taylor incident too in Zimbabwe

This guy has demonstrated he has no regards for players...when he was manager...what will he do when he is Prez..

Vote for Skerrit...would be an exchange

I am not ready for exchange

CITYBOY 2019-03-23 20:07:32 

In reply to outside_edge

Hola...imagine an illiterate person being given a doctorate..recognised world wide for his being a professional cricketer..achieved respect in the cricketing world...amassed riches and you..yes you the literate FOOL..with all your literacy degrees, etc can only FLIP burgers at Macdonalds and clean their latrines..
Damn good thing Shiv aint literate..
You guys are just a bunch of clowns and losers...losers.....I say so..
Adios
CB

outside_edge 2019-03-24 00:19:01 

In reply to CITYBOY

The TRUTH can really hurt sometimes, but it's not a sin......accept it and move on with your sorry lives.

Narper 2019-03-24 08:41:14 

In reply to outside_edge

The TRUTH can really hurt sometimes, but it's not a sin

Okay manage your hurt dumbass
And maybe you should go back to school and educate yourself.

CITYBOY 2019-03-24 08:54:53 

In reply to outside_edge

Hola...let me explain something to you..this is not about truth..when Shiv chose cricket over school at a tender age that was his choice.He came to GCC in Georgetown well equipped to be aprofeesional cricketer with limited reading and writing skills...no one denied that ...and they helped him progress in that area.
My point is ..an illiterate made it..whilst you the literate is JEALOUS of his success..

truth dont hurt people like me...it hurts people like you..who are jealous,small minded ,envious ,non progressive because a small and supposedly illiterate lad from a fishing village made it BIG..
THAT IS TRUTH>>>>NOW SUCK IT UP AND GO ENVY SOMEONE ELSE>
Adios
CB

Halliwell 2019-03-24 18:33:56 

Shiv is grate lol

shivnotout 2019-03-25 08:07:03 

In reply to Narper

so whats next for Dr Shiv? cameron sent packing lol

goofballs 2019-03-25 08:28:27 

In reply to shivnotout

Shiv looks like he always jumping the wrong fence.
He should've focussed on what he knows best.
No disrespect, bu fact is, he is a jumper.

shivnotout 2019-03-25 09:40:16 

In reply to goofballs

bu fact is, he is a jumper.

they call him Tiger lol

Norm 2019-03-25 09:50:24 

In reply to outside_edge

someone who was illiterate

So, the illiterates supported Cameron, who lost 2-4, thus proving that 1 out of 3 West Indians is illiterate.