Fired Selection Panel Suing

Pages: previous  1  2  3  next 
link imusic Joined: Nov 12, 2002
4/19/19, 4:08:05 PM 
In reply to Walco
Yes, the same selectors. Glad you got that off your chest. By the way, those same selectors claim that they could only select from the pool of players that Cricket West Indies told them were eligible for selection.

That’s what the gestapo said as well. They were simply doing what they were told to do

No different than any corporate takeover. New company comes in or new owners and they put their own people in place.

link Emir Joined: Aug 8, 2014
4/19/19, 4:11:23 PM 
In reply to Walco

By the way, those same selectors claim that they could only select from the pool of players that Cricket West Indies told them were eligible for selection.

And that is one of the primary reason why they had to be fired. They simply followed orders, so they failed our cricket.

We needed selectors who had the courage to stand up to Cameron and even if that meant they could have been fired.

Do you get it? Simply pointing out they kept Gabriel etc is limp and naive to use this as a reason to show they did a good job.

link solidrock Joined: Jan 15, 2009
4/19/19, 4:13:53 PM 
In reply to Emir

Well put.

link Walco Joined: Jun 21, 2008
4/19/19, 4:20:28 PM 
In reply to Emir

You are taking this thing way too seriously boss. Lots of selectors before them have failed our cricket judging by the results over the past few decades. Hopefully the new batch of selectors will have better orders to follow so that they are not criticized in the future for going along with those orders and failing our cricket.

4/19/19, 4:31:27 PM 
In reply to Walco

Well it is serious business. I get the impression you see the management of our cricket as a casual and leisure type endeavor like the ole days.

You came in defending Browne and Co to the point that we have to question your love for our cricket.

This is very serious business.

Exhibit 1:

Lots of selectors before them have failed our cricket judging by the results over the past few decades.

Now this:
This topic is about Browne and Co, "NOT ABOUT SELECTORS before them." Moreover, it is precisely what we are trying to change- why would you even site failure by others as a reason to keep Browne. It comes across as if you want to reward failure.

4/19/19, 4:37:03 PM 
In reply to imusic

OK boss I never thought you would become so unhinged that you would start comparing selection of a cricket team to gestapo tactics. In the meantime you should refuse to follow your supervisor’s orders the next time you disagree with them. The fact that I felt the old selectors were doing a good job does not mean that I do not also believe that the new administration has the right to replace them and put in place their own people. My position is simple. Pay them off and get rid of them. Stop with the independent contractor foolishness

link hawk Joined: Mar 31, 2007
4/19/19, 5:12:57 PM 
Like I said when your countrymen are not being selected..............who cares about if they merit a spot or not

4/19/19, 5:17:48 PM 
In reply to Walco

In the meantime you should refuse to follow your supervisor’s orders the next time you disagree with them.

When you make comments like this, it really puts you in a low intelligence category and I am serious.

WEST INDIES CRICKET isn't Cameron's company so your analogy above is dumb. WI cricket is owned by the people and players, Cameron position was fiduciary to the people, very different from a person who built and develop his own company, that person could do as he pleased.

link camos Joined: May 5, 2003
4/19/19, 8:51:53 PM 
In reply to imusic
No different than any corporate takeover. New company comes in or new owners and they put their own people in place.

yeah! and the new owners will give present people a severance package, they just don't put them out on the street.

4/19/19, 8:54:10 PM 
In reply to Emir

I obviously hit a nerve ... bye Mullah Emir. I prefer to engage people who can debate ideas and opinion without resorting to insults.

link imusic Joined: Nov 12, 2002
4/19/19, 9:09:16 PM 
In reply to camos

You privy to their contact to know what their termination terms are?

1 - not everyone is entitled to severance

2 - for thise that are, that severance amount could be negligible

link openning Joined: Nov 12, 2002
4/19/19, 9:15:08 PM 
In reply to imusic
Labour laws are different in various countries, I learned that in St. Johns Virgin Island.

4/19/19, 9:36:03 PM 
In reply to imusic
If one is an employee , that person has some multiple of regular wage at termination, in most jurisdiction, on the other hand if one has a contract, you generally have to buyout that contract, all this is assuming you are not terminating the person for some violation.

Skerritt is reckless and setting a bad precedent. Are we to expect mass firings each time we elect a new president?

Brung is no one favorite but you could wait to get rid of the guy, the same goes for the coach who was standing in.

4/19/19, 9:43:22 PM 
People have a right to seek compensation should their employment be unceremoniously terminated without proper cause, even if the cause is proper and the procedures are wrong, the employer still loses the case, beside nothing new here, people before did it and people afterwards will do it, an attorney once told me it is easier to get divorce these days than fire an employee

4/19/19, 9:46:05 PM 
In reply to camos

if he was smart or properly advised, he would have kept the personnel intact and declare all players available for selection. when their contracts have ran out then could he implement changes

4/19/19, 9:52:50 PM 
In reply to hawk

the selector job is not easy, there was never a popular selector and they all take orders from management, Ernest Hilaire told the selectors 'Mr Gayle is not available.

link Judgement Joined: Feb 22, 2015
4/20/19, 3:45:55 PM 
In reply to Emir

Simply pointing out they kept Gabriel etc is limp and naive to use this as a reason to show they did a good job.

Well put. This is the same nonsense speaking Walnut that claimed KP kept getting picked in the side because of "connections". Well if that was the case, that was definitely the reason Ashley Nurse remained in the team, given that Nurse is Courtney Browne's COUSIN and if that was not an automatic pick, nothing ever would be (but watch Big Jimbo Cornwall waltz into the senior team now!)

Obviously, being a Walnut he is quite clearly selective in his nutty contradictions and hypocrisy so best to just ignore the evident stupidity smile smile

4/20/19, 5:50:15 PM 
In reply to Judgement

Oh boy the Judgmental one is back for another bitch-slap ... I see you are a glutton for punishment. But before I engage you any further kindly respond to this long-standing request from me.
Judgement2018-12-09 11:34:09
In reply to Walco

Awww, says the same imbecile who claimed Stuart Law apparently re-signed a 2 year contract with WI Cricket just months ago. I mean, you clearly know your stuff rolleyes rolleyes If nothing else, you give me a good laugh with the tripe you come up with big grin big grin

Walco2018-12-09 12:55:34
In reply to Judgement

I dare you to find a post where I claimed that Stuart Law re-signed a two-year contract with the West Indies. Google is your friend Judgmental One

You need to either produce the support for your accusation or admit that you are a lying ass smile I suggest the latter option smile

4/20/19, 5:56:13 PM 
In reply to Judgement

Here is the Thread in Question if Your Memory is Failing Jenny Ass

And to make it even easier for you, here is the thread with my statement about Law My Thoughts Regarding Law’s Resignation

4/20/19, 6:05:43 PM 
In reply to camos

there will never be a popular selector, we all want our countrymen in the 11 that plays

4/20/19, 6:07:45 PM 
In reply to hawk

The best players in the West Indies are always the ones not selected ... until, of course, they are selected ...

4/20/19, 6:14:36 PM 
In reply to Walco

I obviously hit a nerve

Well yes, because you are promoting people who have hurt our cricket and that is criminal.

4/20/19, 6:52:39 PM 
In reply to Walco

exactly!!!!

4/20/19, 6:53:25 PM 
In reply to Emir

you are promoting people who have hurt our cricket and that is criminal.

isn't this something you are guilty of???

4/24/19, 9:56:21 PM 
Bumpity bump for the Mental Midget. I still waiting for your response boss ...

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2  3  next