The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Trust is broken in cricket

sgtdjones 2019-05-02 04:05:15 

Trust is broken in cricket

Fi­nal­ly, the West In­dies team for the ICC Crick­et World Cup was an­nounced and if I did not blink, care­ful­ly, I would not be able to tell the dif­fer­ence in the squad named by the pre­vi­ous se­lec­tors for the Eng­land tour in­clud­ing Ja­son Hold­er (cap­tain), Chris Gayle, Dar­ren Bra­vo, Shim­ron Het­mey­er, Shai Hope, Car­los Braith­waite, Os­hane Thomas, Fabi­an Allen, Ash­ley Nurse, Nicholas Pooran, Shel­don Cot­trell, John Camp­bell, Obed Mc Coy and De­ven­dra Bishoo.

Please note, we were told that An­dre Rus­sell was in­jured so not se­lect­ed, that Shan­non Gabriel had to serve a ban so had to miss the match­es as part of that and that Ke­mar Roach was be­ing rest­ed be­cause of con­cern over his work­load dur­ing the Test se­ries.

Now for the squad se­lect­ed by the new­ly ap­point­ed in­ter­im se­lec­tion com­mit­tee of Robert Haynes, Floyd Reifer and Hold­er an­nounced last Wednes­day in­clude Hold­er (cap­tain), Gayle, Bra­vo, Het­mey­er, Hope, Braith­waite, Thomas, Allen, Nurse, Pooran, Cot­trell, Rus­sell (re­plac­ing Camp­bell), Gabriel (re­plac­ing Mc Coy), and Roach (re­plac­ing Bishoo).

Link Text

Drapsey 2019-05-02 09:58:27 

In reply to sgtdjones

What's the complaint this time, only 4 Tits in a squad of 14?

... and even after leading the campaign for the ouster of the Big IDIOT at that.

michaelmax 2019-05-02 11:36:00 

I read that article some days ago. He complains about insularity while writing the most insular article possible. But it is Baptiste, we should not expect better.

sgtdjones 2019-05-02 13:20:44 

In reply to Drapsey

Grapeseed

The writer just want to rile up the natives

lol lol