The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Ja­maican Queen's Coun­sel, Charged in T&T

sgtdjones 2019-05-03 00:56:16 

DPP seeks plea deal for state witness in Ramlogan's case

Ja­maican Queen's Coun­sel, Vin­cent Nel­son has been charged with three counts of con­spir­a­cy to cor­rupt­ly dis­trib­ute le­gal fees.

He ap­peared be­fore Maria Bus­by Ear­le-Cad­dle in the Port-of-Spain Mag­is­trate's Court this morn­ing.

The charges were laid by the An­ti Cor­rup­tion In­ves­ti­ga­tion Bu­reau.

Nel­son was re­leased on $100,000 own bail af­ter there were no ob­jec­tions from the State.

When the mat­ter was called, Di­rec­tor of Pub­lic Pros­e­cu­tions Roger Gas­pard asked that it be sent to the High Court for a plea agree­ment to be heard with­in in a month.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-05-03 00:57:24 

Charlotte Street Headley

Say what, a yardie stool pigeon?

rolleyes

Headley 2019-05-03 01:02:13 

In reply to sgtdjones

Abercromby Street Sarge, why are you Trinis corrupting my countrymen. He should have known. The first word of the T&T national anthem gives a clue. big grin

Headley 2019-05-03 18:55:00 

In reply to sgtdjones

Allen submitted that Nelson, since October 2017, has been fully cooperating with the prosecution at an “unprecedented level” and has given several witness statements knowing fully well he has incriminated himself, despite risks to himself.

Allen said Nelson was the key prosecution witness and was “safer out of this jurisdiction.”

Singing like Willie Nelson. big grin

sgtdjones 2019-05-03 22:09:23 

In reply to Headley

Anand and Ramdeen fall sick: Taken to hospital

Both former attorney general Anand Ramlogan and Opposition Senator Gerald Ramdeen have been taken to hospital for a medical check up after they complained about feeling ill.

The Express understands that Ramlogan was taken to a hospital on Thursday night.

Sources said he was taken back to the Anti Corruption Investigations Bureau (ACIB) on Independence square, Port of Spain this morning where police questioning resumed around 11 a.m.

The Express learnt that this morning, Ramdeen who is being detained at Riverside Plaza, Port of Spain complained about feeling unwell.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-05-03 22:35:18 

The charges against QC in legal fees case

THE CHARGES

Charge 1:

That he, Nel­son, be­tween Oc­to­ber 1, 2010 and Sep­tem­ber 9, 2015, con­spired with Anand Ram­lo­gan and Ger­ald Ramdeen to re­ceive, con­ceal and trans­fer crim­i­nal prop­er­ty, name­ly re­wards, giv­en to Ram­lo­gan by Nel­son for Nel­son be­ing in­struct­ed as ad­vo­cate in var­i­ous mat­ter in which the State was in­ter­est­ed or in which the State was the client.

Charge 2:

That he, Nel­son, be­tween Oc­to­ber 1, 2010 and Sep­tem­ber 9, 2015, con­spired with Ram­lo­gan and Ramdeen that Ram­lo­gan should mis­be­have in pub­lic of­fice by him (Ram­lo­gan) ac­cept­ing re­wards from Nel­son for Nel­son be­ing in­struct­ed as ad­vo­cate in var­i­ous mat­ter in which the State was in­ter­est­ed or in which the State was the client.

Charge 3:

That he, Nel­son, be­tween Oc­to­ber 1, 2010 and Sep­tem­ber 9, 2015, con­spired with Ram­lo­gan and Ramdeen to cor­rupt­ly give re­wards to Ram­lo­gan, a per­son serv­ing un­der the State as at­tor­ney gen­er­al, for Nel­son be­ing in­struct­ed as ad­vo­cate in var­i­ous mat­ter in which the State was in­ter­est­ed or in which the State was the client.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-05-03 22:48:11 

DPP seeks plea deal for state witness in Ramlogan's case

Ja­maican Queen's Coun­sel, Vin­cent Nel­son has been charged with three counts of con­spir­a­cy to cor­rupt­ly dis­trib­ute le­gal fees.

He ap­peared be­fore Maria Bus­by Ear­le-Cad­dle in the Port-of-Spain Mag­is­trate's Court this morn­ing.

The charges were laid by the An­ti Cor­rup­tion In­ves­ti­ga­tion Bu­reau.

Nel­son was re­leased on $100,000 own bail af­ter there were no ob­jec­tions from the State.

When the mat­ter was called, Di­rec­tor of Pub­lic Pros­e­cu­tions Roger Gas­pard asked that it be sent to the High Court for a plea agree­ment to be heard with­in in a month.

The charges are al­leged to have oc­curred be­tween Oc­to­ber 1, 2010 to Sep­tem­ber 9, 2015.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-05-03 22:49:44 

In reply to Headley

Charlotte Street Headley

His lawyers, British QC Tom Allen and Keith Scotland, asked that no conditions be attached to the bail to allow Nelson the freedom to leave TT since, Allen said, he would be safer abroad.

His singing ...hope he has a safe sanctuary

Jamaica or T&T will not be a safe Haven for rats.

Headley 2019-05-04 01:50:56 

In reply to sgtdjones

Abercromby Street Sarge, why yuh calling Mr. Nelson a rat.

The QC has seen the error of his ways. He was lead astray by defalcators too persuasive to be ignored. He is now compelled by a sense of duty and morality to speak the truth. That is reason to hold the QC in high esteem.

I must remind you the first word of the T&T national anthem is 'forged'. big grin

DAVE400 2019-05-04 01:52:00 

In reply to Headley

big grin

sgtdjones 2019-05-04 02:50:04 

In reply to Headley

Charlotte street Headley

What about ya Yardie Anthem...Doh tell me the Lawd didn't help him?

Keep us free from evil powers,

plus

Strengthen us the weak to cherish,

So he didn't cherish enough?

I could understand if it was one time he did it but he
received briefs on three occasions, then became a stool pigeon? What happened he was too weak to say NO.
Now, he running to safety,something doh sound right here.

shock

Casper 2019-05-04 03:08:43 

I feel sick. I feel unwell after being caught in illegality.

granite 2019-05-04 10:53:15 

TT police all over the place breaking down people's doors to check for what,they feel all the rich people supporting the opposition,shameful,shameful shameful.That shit has been on the cards for a long time,they incapable of all that is taking place,but capable of smashing dong people's doors.Go stop the murders and robberies of the hard working Trinis,what exactly are they trying to achieve.
I suppose if you ask the PNM supporters they will explain.I recall a PNM minister went to the bank with over 150,000 dollars and was unable to say way she get it when questioned,guess what,nothing was done,go figure as they say.

Headley 2019-05-04 12:40:08 

In reply to sgtdjones

Abercromby Street Sarge:

Ironically Dana Seetahal used to work for the state at minimum rates, as a prosecutor and lost her life as a result, while some men were focused on robbing the public purse.

DAVE400 2019-05-04 13:26:02 

In reply to Headley

The timing of this action eerily close to Dana anniversary..the subliminal strategy is brilliant

bravos 2019-05-04 13:28:26 

In reply to Headley

And coincidently today is the anniversary of her murder and & & (Anand) has been charged ..

The talk was it was & & call dat shot..

bravos 2019-05-04 13:28:51 

In reply to DAVE400

cool

bravos 2019-05-04 13:37:55 

In reply to granite

where you got all that from?

Ask Moonilal..

DAVE400 2019-05-04 13:57:30 

In reply to bravos

Dude...seriously...it really is a stretch to accuse Anand of Dana murder...there has been hours of investigation with no evidence against Anand...despite plea bargain laws etc...

come nah man...

bravos 2019-05-04 14:05:43 

In reply to DAVE400

That was the talk..and coupled with the current 'subliminal' situation it's bubbling again..just bringing the reports from the ground..

sgtdjones 2019-05-04 14:08:04 

$3m bail for Ramlogan, Ramdeen

For­mer at­tor­ney gen­er­al Anand Ram­lo­gan and his col­league, Unit­ed Na­tion­al Con­gress Sen­a­tor Ger­ald Ramdeen, were col­lec­tive­ly grant­ed close to $3 mil­lion in bail Fri­day night, af­ter be­ing charged with sim­i­lar con­spir­a­cy of­fences re­lat­ed to an al­leged le­gal fees kick­back scheme.

Ram­lo­gan was grant­ed bail to cov­er three charges in the sum of $1.2 mil­lion ac­cord­ing to his at­tor­ney Pamela El­der SC. Ramdeen was al­so grant­ed bail in the sum of $1.5 mil­lion.

"My client was sub­ject­ed to a very long in­ter­view, it has end­ed with him be­ing charged with three of­fences. What I find in­ter­est­ing is that all these of­fences are what we call in­choate of­fences, they are the on­ly con­spir­a­cies. There is noth­ing here in these charges that my client re­ceived any mon­ey. No mon­ey has been stat­ed here," El­der told Guardian Me­dia.

She con­tin­ued: "It is on­ly a con­spir­a­cy and there is noth­ing in any of these charges with re­spect of any monies that were paid to Anand Ram­lo­gan, re­ceived by Anand Ram­lo­gan or trans­ferred by Anand Ram­lo­gan. In essence, it states that for five years he con­spired to re­ceive mon­ey but nev­er re­ceived a cent."

https://caribbeancricket.com/topic/1161480#

sgtdjones 2019-05-04 14:13:48 

Cops raid 7 Gulf View mansions but find nothing

Spe­cial Op­er­a­tions Re­sponse Team (SORT) po­lice of­fi­cers raid­ed sev­en man­sions in the posh res­i­den­tial com­mu­ni­ty of Gulf View, La Ro­maine, yes­ter­day, break­ing down doors and pre­vent­ing home­own­ers from en­ter­ing their premis­es.

The raids prompt­ed cries of po­lit­i­cal vic­tim­i­sa­tion, racial dis­crim­i­na­tion and vic­tim­i­sa­tion by home­own­ers who called on Po­lice Com­mis­sion­er Gary Grif­fith to is­sue a state­ment.

How­ev­er, se­nior sources said one man who was hid­ing on one of the prop­er­ties dur­ing the raids was ar­rest­ed.

The first raid took place at 5.50 am at the Pen­ny Av­enue home of Si­mone Alexan­der, the own­er of Al­lied Home In­dus­tries Lim­it­ed. Af­ter two hours of­fi­cers left emp­ty-hand­ed, but they con­tin­ued raids in town­hous­es and man­sions be­long­ing to oth­er busi­ness own­ers, in­clud­ing SM Jaleel and Com­pa­ny CEO Aleem Mo­hammed.

Cops raid 7 Gulf View mansions but find nothing

DAVE400 2019-05-04 14:23:49 

In reply to bravos

That was the talk..and coupled with the current 'subliminal' situation it's bubbling again..just bringing the reports from the ground..

Now this is just a circular reference...the "talk" proves itself through a coincidence.

With both the talk and coincidence having the same perpetrators.

Come nah man....

We both smarter than that.

sgtdjones 2019-05-04 14:30:49 

Comments

Jayda Gee

When the breaking down and 'kicking in the back door' of poor black people in Laventy, Beetham and behind the bridge for nothing the Indian racists in this country smile, rejoice and enjoy the spectacle. Now it has reached home by u all u saying the "monkey Goverrnment wicked". Which monkey ? Your Hanuman God ? Allyuh too greedy and cravenous. White collar crime destroying our country. I am rejoicing. Great is the PNM.

PurpleCoffee344

Blatant corruption and now terrorism from the racist criminal goons in the PNM. Of course, the monkey task force didn't find anything; there's nothing to find. You want to find criminals, start looking in PNM stronghold areas where the majority of violent crime occurs; the shitholes of Diego Martin, Port-of-Spain and Laventille... but of course the PNM will stay for from there since they are working WITH those criminals, giving them government contracts.
East Indians believe in progress, education, business, investments. That is why they are rich. Ambitious Africans will dump Rowley and the PNM like never was before. Anyone voting PNM at the next elections is a person who has no brains after what is happening in this country.

Randolph
Like I said Ramlogan an Ramdeen gonna come out smelling like roses,because dem cops and dem do things on hearsay and rumours.D TT tax payers will foot d bill for dey chupidness.

sgtdjones 2019-05-04 14:32:34 

In reply to bravos

coupled with the current 'subliminal' situation it's bubbling again.

Must be the "bubble" you living in.

Like the commish saying 29% reduction in murders.

sgtdjones 2019-05-05 14:15:11 

‘Only conspiracy charges, nothing about payments’

THE corruption charges laid against former attorney general Anand Ramlogan SC by Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau (ACIB) officers on Friday night are only “conspiracies”, his attorney, Senior Counsel Pamela Elder, has said.

Elder said nowhere in the charges did it indicate that her client had ever received money from any individual as rewards or gifts in exchange for him granting State briefs to British Queen’s Counsel Vincent Nelson as was being alleged.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-05-07 13:54:28 

Lawyers seek speedy hearing of charges

For­mer at­tor­ney gen­er­al Anand Ram­lo­gan, SC, and UNC Sen­a­tor Ger­ald Ramdeen have asked the Of­fice of the Di­rec­tor of Pub­lic Pros­e­cu­tions (DPP) to ex­pe­dite their case over a State le­gal fees kick­back scam.

Se­nior Coun­sel Pamela El­der, who is lead­ing Ram­lo­gan’s le­gal team, made the call on Mon­day, short­ly af­ter the duo made their first court ap­pear­ance in the Port-of-Spain Mag­is­trates’ Court since be­ing charged with three con­spir­a­cy of­fences last Fri­day.

El­der said the quick pros­e­cu­tion of the case would en­sure that she is able to cross-ex­am­ine the State’s co­op­er­at­ing con­spir­a­tor British Queen’s Coun­sel Vin­cent Nel­son.

Nel­son, who has signed a plea agree­ment with the DPP’s Of­fice, has been re­leased on bail al­lowed to leave the coun­try to seek treat­ment for his prostate can­cer.

El­der said: “I would be ex­treme­ly grate­ful if we could pro­ceed with this mat­ter as quick­ly as pos­si­ble. In the event that he (Nel­son) suc­cumbs to his ill­ness and goes off in­to the here­after, at least we could take his ev­i­dence as ear­li­er as pos­si­ble.”

El­der’s re­quest was ac­cept­ed by DPP Roger Gas­pard, SC, who rep­re­sent­ed his of­fice at the hear­ing.

Link Text