The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The Photo-op President

Casper 2019-06-30 08:55:03 

All show, no substance

The wannabe autocrat just loves meeting Tyrants. This will be all part of the Lying Presidential Library.

No achievements, just plenty photo-ops. The World Order of Tyrants know that, and they are only too willing to oblige.

U.S. President Donald Trump siphoned away attention from the cavalcade of Democrats vying to replace him with an audacious invitation for North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to shake hands at the Demilitarized Zone.

The offer - naturally made over Twitter while the president attended the Group of 20 summit in Japan - was an act of showmanship fraught with risk for U.S. efforts to dismantle Kim’s nuclear arsenal. Despite two historic photo-ops with the North Korean leader over the past year, denuclearization talks have gone nowhere.

Asked about the possibility at a news conference on Saturday, Trump responded: “Sure I would.” His daughter, Ivanka Trump, said in an interview on Sunday that she would “absolutely” accompany him, calling the prospect of her father entering the country “a very meaningful moment.”

Yes, meaningful for the Trumpinovs, and, of course, more so, Lil Kim.

Serious people know it would be a "flim-flam".

Drapsey 2019-06-30 11:11:29 

In reply to Casper

Plus Huawei about turn.

Huawei may get its US supply chain back after Trump's policy 'U-turn'

DAVE400 2019-06-30 11:44:36 

I truly regard Trump an American hero

Emir 2019-06-30 13:00:05 

The danger for the country-beside the coming out of the white nationalist movement, which we will certainly defeat in time, is foreign autocrats and dictators are playing him like as they have figured his whims and fancies.

On the other hand, his embassies in third world countries are doing their hit job- in Trinidad his appointees are stirring trouble and some very dump and gullible folks are falling for it.

Casper 2019-06-30 13:35:50 

In reply to Emir

Maybe someone is paying.

We do know the history of the CIA to use domestic and foreign journalists to serve their interest, especially in this case where the government is at odds with US policies in the region.

Emir 2019-06-30 13:59:19 

In reply to Casper

True and I would have like to believe that in this day and age, third world countries would have known better but I guess race and tribal instincts trump everything else.

Check out the Trinidad Express, they have a few "columnists" if you read their article without knowing their name and their country they are from, you would surely believe they are ultra right wing white American nationalists, yet the Express gives then prime time space every single week.

nitro 2019-06-30 14:32:20 

In reply to DAVE400

Yes he is.