The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

There's No excuse says Hope..

jelfew 2019-07-06 20:40:05 

for the team's disheartening show at the tournament. No change in coaching staff etc. etc.Link Text. Read the article in today's Jamaica Observer.

We have to go ou there and play good cricket despite what is going on behind the scene. He could not have said it better.

BeatDball 2019-07-06 21:00:14 

The games vs aussie & NZ, WI should have won. Full stop. I'm done.
evil

Starzz 2019-07-07 00:01:42 

In reply to BeatDball

Agreed

hotarobin 2019-07-07 00:43:57 

In reply to jelfew

He sounding like a Captain...Holder better get in a de nets and start brushing up on his batting if he wants to remain in the team cause he's not a great ODI bowler.... lol lol

sunfish 2019-07-07 01:18:09 

"It's just one of those things". I hate that sentence because it's so F$$$ing meaningless and often used after a grand failure.

"one of those things" makes us sleep better at night after we f$$$ed up and don't want to look deeper for the root cause...

How can we improve when players utter such clueless trite?

hotarobin 2019-07-07 03:14:23 

In reply to sunfish

That's the only thing you heard?

sunfish 2019-07-07 04:00:09 

In reply to hotarobin

No. But this is the one that grates me the most because, I think it's at the core of our failure to perform.

Hey, it's not me who failed, just 'one of those things'...

This is an old and often overused nonperformance excuse..

'One of those things' is a meaningless phrase..

kern 2019-07-07 04:17:51 

In reply to sunfish
Agreed.
They need to be honest and straight up.
Rather than hide behind "one of these ting" as if this continued failure is acceptable.
I hate the phrase too.

btw: another one is: that's how cricket is or that's the game.

Loud steups!!!!!!

Casper 2019-07-07 04:37:06 

In reply to sunfish

I have to agree with you. Windian players have run out of mindless excuses.

Another which I tire of is ”we have to take the positives”.

Every time you repeat the same mistakes, perform the same way, raise expectations and still come in at the bottom or is defeated, where are the positives you have taken?

Looking the wrong places, I guess.

sunfish 2019-07-08 04:00:00 

In reply to Casper
I would prefer "we have to do better" or "we have to improve" because those two phrases imply more hard work and analysis to move upwards..

jcveletta 2019-07-08 04:34:36 

In reply to BeatDball

you got it mate.

Drapsey 2019-07-08 09:56:21 

In reply to jelfew

Hope can talk now.

I think this whole thing started with Hope's disrespect for the his senior, veteran Chris Gayle, when he showed up the latter with his animated complaints about running between the wickets deficiencies.

At the same time I think Hope is the one that will eclipse Gayle's record of most ODI tons for the West Indies, now standing at 25.