The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

As bad as Gayle, Hetmyer even Russell is

analyst-kid 2019-07-10 14:25:40 

is NO WAY they form a 100 run partnership chasing just 240 and scoring at 3-4 an over!

Jadeja/Dhoni never put the pressure on NZ bowlers and sought to make it easier for their lower order to follow.

FuzzyWuzzy 2019-07-10 14:29:27 

In reply to analyst-kid

Cricket isn't played on a message board.

openning 2019-07-10 14:37:22 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

That wicket was not a 300 runs pitch, so credit should be given to Dhoni and Jadeja for keeping India in the game.
Losing the first three, with each scoring one run each, was the problem for India.
Credit should be given the the Kiwi bowlers.

Barry 2019-07-10 14:40:56 

In reply to analyst-kid
Are you a fool? You had your opportunities and you failed . . . now you come around here like a sour fly claiming greatness - Come on brother, you came second to last.
confused

analyst-kid 2019-07-10 14:46:21 

In reply to openning

Credit shyte! India batted too cautious after losing their top three...bad balls still had to be dispatched after a partnership had settled in.

Were you all watching the same match?

mittheimp 2019-07-10 14:50:44 

Not fair at all to lump Jadeja/Dhoni together. Nothing wrong with Jadejas innings.

RonaldM 2019-07-10 14:54:20 

In reply to openning

Agreed

TheTrail 2019-07-10 14:55:17 

In reply to openning

Losing the first three, with each scoring one run each, was the problem for India.

Fall of wickets: 1-4 (Rohit Sharma, 1.3 ov), 2-5 (Virat Kohli, 2.4 ov), 3-5 (KL Rahul, 3.1 ov), 4-24 (Dinesh Karthik, 9.6 ov),

The top four batsmen gave up the ghost within the first powerplay. I guess NZ were not about to take any prisoners.

New Zealand has the top-class bowlers who could win it all for them. They could teach the WI how to use "pace like fire," and how in the process, to rattle the top order batsmen without trying to bounce them out.

natty_forever 2019-07-10 14:57:07 

In reply to TheTrail

The thing is I have seen these same bowlers bowl ala NZ. Strange how poorly they performed in the WC, yet how many times did the opposition score more than 300 against us?

openning 2019-07-10 15:08:15 

In reply to analyst-kid

Credit shyte! India batted too cautious after losing their top three...bad balls still had to be dispatched after a partnership had settled in.

An inexperience West Indies team, would not had scored 150 runs, on that pitch.
Listen to both captains after the game, and you will soften your take on the match, and hopefully cricket going forward.

granite 2019-07-10 15:18:23 

In reply to openningIndia had thought that fat belly Rohit Sharma would do the bizniss for them,but they gat themselves in a right pickle and didn't know which way to turn.Dhoni for all his experience fukked up things,well done to the Kiwis and I hope they win it.

openning 2019-07-10 15:27:13 

In reply to granite
Dhoni batted the way he has been batting, it did not worked this time.
This should be Dhoni's last ODI.
I will be watching India going forward, just to see how they rebound

natty_forever 2019-07-10 15:28:19 

In reply to openning

Gayle batted the way he has been batting, it did not worked this time.
This should be Gayle's last ODI.
I will be watching West India going forward, just to see how they rebound

Hellraiser 2019-07-10 15:38:54 

In reply to analyst-kid

Not a fair comment. Jadeja kept India in the Game and his 77 off 59 balls was a brilliant innings in the context of the game. In face I think Jadeja's innings was the best batting performance of the game.

The plodding Dhoni kept pulling India behind. Dhoni needs lots of overs to get in gear and sending Pandya and Karthik before him was fatal for India. Dhoni should have been batting with Pant to keep the youngster in check and calm him. Pandya and Karthik should have been there to finish the game.

Hindsight is 20/20

granite 2019-07-10 15:42:09 

In reply to openningIndia should be satisfied that they reached so far,they had 3 men who they had to fall back on from the start,Kholi who didn't live up to his name,Sharma who eventually failed and Bumrah who didn't do it for them.There were not any of the other 8 you could count on.When Afghanistan came so close to handing them a cutarse it said exactly where India was.

Trinidave 2019-07-10 15:51:24 

In reply to TheTrail

New Zealand has the top-class bowlers who could win it all for them. They could teach the WI how to use "pace like fire," and how in the process, to rattle the top order batsmen without trying to bounce them out.

If only India had an allrounder in the class of a Carlos "Remember his Name" Braffit, dey cud have almost almost won it.

Barry 2019-07-10 15:54:01 

Lots of hindsight these west indians, but they never gaze upon themselves ... Like Khaga on the otherside
sad

NYCGURU 2019-07-10 16:12:23 

In reply to openning

You still have time to be giving lessons.I was on the road yesterday and following the game on cricinfo.During the kiwis struggle, one poster said that due to the way the wicket was playing, if New Zealand could manage a score of 240, India would have a difficult time getting it. Turns out the person was right on the money.

Hellraiser 2019-07-10 16:27:57 

In reply to NYCGURU

if New Zealand could manage a score of 240, India would have a difficult time getting it

I appreciated the conclusion that the pitch was two-paced when I saw the dismissal of Dinesh Karthik. The delivery before he got out, and the one he got out to, were both at bowled at 135km/hr. He played similar shots to both deliveries. However, the second one came off the pitch slower and made contact with the bat when he was almost through with his stroke, thereby slicing it to point.