The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Classy & Classless

tops 2019-07-16 13:34:51 

"The umpires are there to rule and they're human as well - and, like players, sometimes errors are made.

"It's just the human aspect of sport and probably why we all care about it so much as well. We can't change that now. It will go down in history as one that got away from us."

Classy

England's director of cricket Ashley Giles says he is unconcerned at claims England were given an extra run in their World Cup win over New Zealand.

Less

Tryangle 2019-07-16 15:54:13 

The umpires are there to rule and they're human as well - and, like players, sometimes errors are made.

Indeed. We saw bad officiating potentially cost a team a Super Bowl berth a few months back.

One way to look at it is, teams should look to take charge of a contest so that the officiating doesn't have an impact in the final result. It is what it is. Sucks mightily for NZ but sport can be cruel.

Halliwell 2019-07-16 15:59:11 

In reply to tops

BIG difference between Not Knowing the Laws (overthrows) and Discretionary Misapplications of the Laws (LBW, wides)
Was a mistake but an inexcusable one
Should be career ending for all 4 umps. They were the best in the world outside England and NZ.

ray 2019-07-16 16:06:21 

In reply to Halliwell

exactly

NineMiles 2019-07-16 16:45:52 

You lot still bawling over those overthrows?? razz

Narper 2019-07-16 17:07:52 

In reply to Halliwell

When Aleem Daar and Steve Buckner allowed the WC 2007 final in Bim to continue in the dark....they were punished

tops 2019-07-16 18:08:16 

In reply to NineMiles
lol Nah bro, that's not my point. My point is how the NZ took it as a human error and it's gone and can't be changed...
But look at Ashley Giles response. He hasn't change since his playing days... razz

NineMiles 2019-07-16 20:52:54 

In reply to tops

Well, I can tell you there are a few Classless posters here who can't bring them self to congratulating the new World Cricket Champions.

All they do is bitch and moan and groan none stop about it.