The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Canada: Sagging electoral support for Liberal

djdrastic 2019-10-16 15:55:40 

government a 'great surprise' to diplomats

The sudden, swift decline in Liberal fortunes — to the point where the result of next Monday's election may hang in the balance — has come as "a great surprise" to diplomats, given Canada's stable economy and relative affluence.

The visceral reaction in English Canada to the publication of photos of Trudeau in both brownface and blackface startled some of the foreign missions from the Far East.

"We did not realize it would have such a strong impact on the Liberal campaign and it was such an important issue for Canadians until, like, a few days later," said a diplomat from the Asia-Pacific region.

"I was truly amazed; shocked, in fact. Perhaps it's a culture thing. We don't know, but truly speaking we were amazed to see the impact."

carl0002 2019-10-16 16:04:56 

People forget the last time this country was under a conservative government with Harper? I would be afraid to do that experiment again plus Scheer is just as scary or may even be worst than Harper.

sgtdjones 2019-10-16 16:46:33 

In reply to carl0002

Liberal Minority or an alliance with the NDP.

No Conservative Government .

XFactor 2019-10-16 16:48:48 

In reply to carl0002

Andrew Scheer has picked up where Jason Kenney left off. And Kenny is a blatant bigot.

Ninetenjack 2019-10-16 16:57:17 

In reply to carl0002

Trudeau keeps running deficits despite a relatively successful economy even after promising to run a deficit for one year of $10B. Throws 2 brilliant women politicians under the bus after saying after having a 50% gender strong cabinet "because its 2015". After getting caught in black/brown face which I was prepared to give him a break on because it happened 20 years ago lies about how many incidents of these they were. Then uses an excuse that he didn't understand the significance of black/brown face because he came from a privilege upbringing, then claim to speak for poor and under privilege Canadians.....shall I go on. The only reason he is anywhere close in the polls its because Canada has a large an overwhelming Liberal media.

SnoopDog 2019-10-16 17:11:53 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Trudeau keeps running deficits despite a relatively successful economy even after promising to run a deficit for one year of $10B. Throws 2 brilliant women politicians under the bus after saying after having a 50% gender strong cabinet "because its 2015". After getting caught in black/brown face which I was prepared to give him a break on because it happened 20 years ago lies about how many incidents of these they were. Then uses an excuse that he didn't understand the significance of black/brown face because he came from a privilege upbringing, then claim to speak for poor and under privilege Canadians.....shall I go on. The only reason he is anywhere close in the polls its because Canada has a large an overwhelming Liberal media.

What a steaming pile of horseshit.

You right wing nutbags don't want to tell people how a Harper-led conservative governments ran a string of six straight deficits between 2008-09 and 2013-14 totaling $157 Billion.

What 2 brilliant women politicians? They were 2 disloyal backstabbing megalomaniacs who should have never been in the cabinet in the first place. Trudeau put them there to appease Native Canadians and women and a knife to the back was his reward.

The Black/Brown face thing was stupid. He owned it and apologized for it.

And why do you right wing loonies continue with this insipid conspiracy that the media is liberal? Just because the news outlet don't broadcast far right nazi news it is labeled as "liberal" or "left". You remember when you right wing loonies had that far right channel for retards and morons called "Sun News Network"? Remember when it failed because no one watched it and because no advertiser wanted to be associated with those batshyte crazy bigoted cunts?

So there's your liberal media conspiracy theory for you.

Ninetenjack 2019-10-16 17:19:02 

In reply to SnoopDog

Dude why are you so angry with life in general. You can't talk up sagging polls dude, I am giving my opinion why he is struggling in the polls..... why attack facts (he is sagging in the polls)?

SnoopDog 2019-10-16 17:26:41 

In reply to Ninetenjack

He's struggling in the polls because the left vote is split 3 ways and Jagmeet Singh got a surge in the past week and a half. Couple that with the fact that voters (like you for instance) have very short memories and have completely forgotten when Herr Harper was on his soap box preaching about the benefits of government running a deficit.

You didn't post one fact. Just regurgitated right wing nonsense and conspiracy theories.

So fcuk right off.

XFactor 2019-10-16 17:27:20 

In reply to SnoopDog

The last time Stephen Harper Conservative party were in power tens of millions of dollars were misappropriated. Your tax dollars just vanished.....voops.

Ninetenjack 2019-10-16 17:29:39 

In reply to SnoopDog

He's struggling in the polls because the left vote is split 3 ways and Jagmeet Singh got a surge in the past week and a half.

Why is he surging?

SnoopDog 2019-10-16 17:34:13 

In reply to XFactor

The last time Stephen Harper Conservative party were in power tens of millions of dollars were misappropriated. Your tax dollars just vanished.....voops.

The conservatives have always managed to bullshit people into thinking that they are the best at minding those precious tax payer dollars. Nothing could be further from the truth.

What's so fcuked up is when working class stiffs vote for conservative policies which only favour corporate and extreme wealthy people but think their tax dollars are being looked after.

Look at this bumbling buffoon Ford. He's slashed and burned education and health in just one year. Who benefits from OHIP and public schools? Working class stiffs or the ultra rich? But look at how many working class stiffs actually voted for this Jaba The Hut to absolutely decimate two of the most important social service and institutions which they rely on and which their precious tax dollars actually fund.

SnoopDog 2019-10-16 17:34:55 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Why is he surging?

Go ask the voters.

Tryangle 2019-10-16 18:55:33 

On another note, Obama endorsed Trudeau today.

I know, social media age is a new animal so to speak, but I'm not aware of a US president endorsing a Canadian leader in the run up to elections in the past. Curious. I'm not bothered either way, just seemed a bit unusual.