The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Ridley: Lara was all inclusive

Jumpstart 2020-04-19 03:27:56 

Link Text

You can’t do it on your own and Brian is always asking questions because he is always asking me questions and always asking other guys questions to get information and then he’d pile that information together and get the best from it, and I think that makes a good captain because you have a lot of guys there who probably might not be captain, but they have good knowledge about the game,” the former player said.

EAT YUH HEART OUT

CricSham 2020-04-19 09:22:59 

In reply to Jumpstart

Is this the same Ridley who said this of Lara?

"A captain has to be able to motivate his team," added Jacobs. "He can't afford to be selfish. With this captain, it is not for the love of the game any more, it's for him."

Jacobs slams selfish Lara

hmmm

Barry 2020-04-19 10:25:39 

In reply to CricSham

Yea then he was influenced by the politics of the wicked islands- now he is free. Stop the Lara hate. Time gone for that, you wicked OECS.... confused

CricSham 2020-04-19 12:14:03 

In reply to Barry

Barry don't get your straps in a bind. Just pointed out that Ridley said quite the opposite also.
Seems it hit a painfully sore spot big grin

Halliwell 2020-04-19 13:21:49 

In reply to Barry

I want to hear about Andy Robbers et al lol

doosra 2020-04-19 13:35:17 

In reply to CricSham

ridley cutting it both ways big grin

Barry 2020-04-19 15:44:27 

In reply to CricSham

Keep on your thongs sister, I am expressing myself. This is not Antigua and I am not that captain’s wife- you can’t hit me to shut me up while you sow wild oats like rain confused

sudden 2020-04-19 16:04:58 

In reply to Barry

Baron, restrain yourself otherwise the old you will come out. you have been v good thus far big grin

CricSham 2020-04-19 16:47:06 

In reply to Barry

Barry, such a childish display of immaturity is unbecoming.
Hitting the booze a bit early aren't we?
big grin

Jumpstart 2020-04-19 16:55:56 

In reply to CricSham

such a childish display of immaturity

Isn't that redundant?

POINT 2020-04-19 19:03:23 

In reply to CricSham

I would like to read Your opinion on
Lara with regard to this Topic .

Barry 2020-04-19 19:58:57 

In reply to CricSham

You don’t use thongs?

Barry 2020-04-19 19:59:25 

In reply to sudden

Who is Baron?

Barry 2020-04-19 20:00:34 

In reply to POINT

He hides behind words and his Guyanese nationality cry

openning 2020-04-19 20:48:16 

In reply to CricSham
Here is Tony Cozier on BCL
Link Text

Ambrose: ‘Lara craved captaincy too much’

Barry 2020-04-19 21:51:42 

In reply to openning

Do all Bajans except Mia lie? Cozier knew quite well that it was the Leeward island players that abused Kanhai - calling him a drunk etc. Lara was nearby and turned away- yet Cozier lies. Cozier lied on Phil Simmons until he was dropped. I regret that Lara was not born in Barbados- the land of .... big grin

Jumpstart 2020-04-19 23:05:13 

In reply to openning

This not the same dude who started the boycott for anderson cummings? I read this article before. Cozier said lara could bat like a dream but wss bad for WI cricket. I dont see how the two are corelated. Lara's runs did not go to a team called the Brian Lara XI. It went to a west indies total. Brian Charles Lara was the only thing seperating the WI from total irrelevance. Cozier always has been a man with a dot island agenda. Lara spent an inordinately long time as twelveth man-almost two years and it was not because carlisle best and keith atherton had earned the right to keep their places. Cozier was busy in the media saying lara had to wait his turn.

When lara was with the team in england in 1991, some fool said it was only because Joey Carew was a selector- i suspect it was viv or hooper who for a decade tried to compete wuth lara and thus never got his average above 40.I dont think it was richie. Richardson has been a WICB yes man but i never got tye impression he was provocative or agressive. I really suspect it was viv because he had been hostile ever since lara had been first selected for the team in 1989. Although lara seems to idolize him. Feelings aint resiprocated. Two years ago, viv was at a Book festival in India and told a packed audience that lara put his kit in viv's spot because he was from a smaller island. And of course yhe indian crowd lapped it up because they're always looking for some lara controversy to add to the sachin versus lara argument no matter how absurd and farfetched it sounded. I mean common, lara putting his kit bag in the same spot as the then undisputed king of west indian cricket simply because he's from antigua, a smaller island than TT. He just vex lara dont spit green verbs in a fresh water yankee accent. The last foolish thing he said was that lara was partially responsinle for a decline which started to happen when viv was cappo.

I agree that Lara wasn't perfect. He could be moody. He did vitually campaign for the captaincy. But nobody's perfect, and especially geniuses as rare as lara have traits that will not gel with the average cricketer. But lara cannot be blamed for our openners averaging 30s and 40s(gayle included) when their counterparts were averaging in the 50s or close too. He cant be faulted with the fact that our quicks broke down often and had to be replaced by journeymen like reon king(reon de raptor, a most unmannerly man).

I also listened to the interview.....they really did sir Curtly a massive disservice. That was one brief part of it. And he was right. Lara did want the captaincy and virtually campaigned for it and the realized its the hardest job in the caribbean.....and he also mentioned that lara always took input from him and courtney.

Barry 2020-04-19 23:28:11 

A song for Brian and the pain...

If I could read your mind love
What a tale your thoughts could tell
Just like a paperback novel
The kind the drugstore sells
When you reach the part where the heartaches
Come the hero would be me (Brian was hoping)
Heroes often fail
And you won't read that book again (Tim wrote his own books of slander)
Because the ending's just too hard to take (so we better without him?)
I walk away like a movie star (this is some Bravo shit)
Who gets burned in a three way script (many players, different agendas)
Enter number two, a movie queen this can’t be about Keith?
To play the scene of bringing all the good things out in me (West Indies cricket)
But for now love lets be real

Jumpstart 2020-04-19 23:39:06 

In reply to Barry

I remember reading an article where Colin Croft called lara the world's greatest politician. The same dude who went to south africa to accept blood money froma country that despised(constitutionally) black and brown people and where he was kicked off a train because they didn't understand the honorary white thing calling Lara the world's greatest politician