The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Trump is trying to destroy the Post Office

Dukes 2020-05-08 01:02:28 

REASONS

1.He wants to punish Jeff Bezos. (He will fail at this)

2. He wants to ensure that the Post Office can not participate in voting by mail in November.

This man is a clear and present danger to the survival of democracy in America.

Atl_View 2020-05-08 01:23:34 

Extension of that thought: Own the real estate the PO currently holds will be a bonus for the this dude.

Norm 2020-05-08 01:36:38 

In reply to Dukes

This man is a clear and present danger to the survival of democracy in America.

Whatever the "democracy in America" is, it must be very fragile if it could be destroyed by one man, and if the people of America and their government would allow it.

dayne 2020-05-08 01:37:43 

In reply to Dukes

The Republicans have been trying to destroy the Post Office for year now, they had a Congressman, Tom Delay who introduce a Bills that manage to pass in the dead of the night, that orders the Post Office to have their pension system funded for their employees who would be retiring in the year 2075. It has been a big burden for them, however when Tom Delay was investigated it was found out that he received huge contributions from UPS, Federal Express and other carrier services.

Dukes 2020-05-08 01:48:12 

In reply to Norm

Whatever the "democracy in America" is, it must be very fragile if it could be destroyed by one man, and if the people of America and their government would allow it

If you were paying attention to what has been happening over the last 3 years you would not glibly make such a statement.
Democracy depends on a system of checks and balances between the 3 branches of Government.What has taken place is that the Legislative Branch is protecting Trump and his merry band of autocrats and the Supreme Court is basically looking the other way.The systematic destruction of Government Institutions such as the FBI the CIA,the EPA the CDC,the Justice Department ,the USPS,the Department of the Interior, etc. etc.clearly means nothing to you. Also the suppression of information with the blocking of release of information and disobeying court ordered directions causing inordinate and timely information to be had by the general public is another cause for concern.

Oh well.......

birdseye 2020-05-08 01:54:29 

In reply to Norm

Whatever the "democracy in America" is, it must be very fragile if it could be destroyed by one man, and if the people of America and their government would allow it.
This aint a one-man show – the guy has a cabal of support – a large portion of the republican party is with him – that includes the senate, the supreme court among the group…. And the post office workforce is heavily populated by minorities. And you know something – the federal government does not contribute a dime to the post office budget – so why the bug up their ass about the post office is rather interesting

birdseye 2020-05-08 02:12:57 

In reply to Dukes

If you were paying attention to what has been happening over the last 3 years you would not glibly make such a statement.
Democracy depends on a system of checks and balances between the 3 branches of Government.What has taken place is that the Legislative Branch is protecting Trump and his merry band of autocrats and the Supreme Court is basically looking the other way.The systematic destruction of Government Institutions such as the FBI the CIA,the EPA the CDC,the Justice Department ,the USPS,the Department of the Interior, etc. etc.clearly means nothing to you. Also the suppression of information with the blocking of release of information and disobeying court ordered directions causing inordinate and timely information to be had by the general public is another cause for concern.
I feel your frustration --- yet I keep thinking something will happen to thwart tis continuous rogue behavior – maybe corona will play its part – maybe the courts will come to their senses and recognize the destructions being reeked ….I try to see a silver lining from all this --- maybe a November blowout election could be the antidote – to witness so much evil in one person and see so much support for it is frightening.

Casper 2020-05-08 02:55:19 

In reply to dayne

You should know the Republican Party was corrupt before it was owned by Emperor Trump.

Dukes 2020-05-08 03:04:16 

In reply to Casper

Yes, they were corrupt but Trump has taken things to a whole new level and his level of ignorance and don't give a damn attitude to governing is unique.His ignorance about many basic things is stunning.

Norm 2020-05-08 03:27:55 

In reply to Dukes

The systematic destruction of Government Institutions such as the FBI the CIA,the EPA the CDC,the Justice Department ,the USPS,the Department of the Interior, etc. etc.clearly means nothing to you.

I express an opinion not coincident with yours and you resort to telling me what I care about?

This democracy you seem concerned about would be as true as the statement in the Declaration of Independence about all men being equal before God, if it could be so easily torn down by one man.

Norm 2020-05-08 03:33:31 

In reply to birdseye

the guy has a cabal of support

As did every president before. Hence, my comment about "democracy in America".

Democracy anywhere is only as good as the value the people place on it.

VIX 2020-05-08 04:52:50 

Just as long as its freedom world's post office

#murca problems

POINT 2020-05-08 13:32:32 

In reply to Dukes

Your second suggestion is the Lynchpin
in this Matter . Always when there is a
Crisis in the USA , HE Perpetually uses
that as an opportunity to indulge in
ultra Machiavellian Tactics designed
to help him secure a Second Term .

He is aided and abetted by the man who should be DISBARRED, his Attorney
General , who waits for distractions to solidify his Master's power and Authority .

History will never be kind to him or his Master , That I can tell You . I
Take solice in this freaking Fact . They and Their Children and GrandChildren will be reviled Forever.