The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Skerritt speaks.

Courtesy 2020-05-17 23:23:33 

STATEMENT FROM CWI PRESIDENT, RICKY SKERRITT: CWI BUSINESS SITUATION ASSESSMENT AND FINANCIAL REVIEW,

I can confidently assure you that at no time was there any decision taken by the Board or anyone associated with CWI to “hide”, “conceal”, “withhold” or “hold-back” the PKF report. However, in light of an apparent recent access to some of its contents by the media, the CWI Board will now have to contemplate whether it may be appropriate at this time for the report to be shared publicly.

Courtesy 2020-05-17 23:31:28 

All I can say is: Thank you Mikey Holding.

Skerro, releasing the PKF report is an organic necessity...no ifs nor buts. Please stop the hemorrhage. Public perception is not on the side of CWI on this matter.

And more importantly, the public outcry will not go away, as the perception is that the current CWI is protecting a certain a privilged grouping.

Stakeholders are demanding the release of the PKF report NOW.

camos 2020-05-17 23:36:36 

Publishing the document was never considered by the Board, as the report is an internal report.

I can confidently assure you that at no time was there any decision taken by the Board or anyone associated with CWI to “hide”, “conceal”, “withhold” or “hold-back” the PKF report

hell bent on protecting wrong doers!

Courtesy 2020-05-17 23:45:25 

...In carrying out its assessments PKF uncovered some illustrations of questionable executive standards and practices...

In the interest of sound management principles, I would have expected that CWI would by now have the details of a forensic audit in its hands. As far as I know, no such audit has been commissioned by CWI and I ask...WHY not?

camos 2020-05-17 23:52:46 

next election is less than 2 years,not enough time to correct the situation if you get people mad!

boy the system stinks.

spider 2020-05-18 00:07:26 

Not sure why they'd issue a statement saying they are contemplating releasing the report. Why not just release it? Can they now come back and say that after their contemplations they have decided not to release it?

camos 2020-05-18 00:12:19 

In reply to spider Skerritt should be glad the report found its way into the public domain, he should see this as an opportunity to make changes , if he really wants to do so.

POINT 2020-05-18 01:38:05 

"Flowery Speeches , but no Flower ".

" The Proof is in the Pudding "

It is high time that the Worst
International Cricket Board in the
Commonwealth , undergo a complete Restructuring .

The stark freaking Fact is that the
people in the WICBC for many years
have failed to understand that Cricket is a very serious Business that must be seriously addressed .

Since its formation over 100 years ago it has adamantly and bluntly refused to change its archaic Structure .

What is even worse is the fact that the People in the Board , bluntly refuse to change . Quite frankly ,
my impression is that the WICBC or
Cricket West Indies , have failed the
Region for many years .

It has habitually Commissioned Reports , and then discarded the
Findings of those Reports .

I am in favour of the Board getting
Public Money via the Governments of the Countries in the Region . . However the Board must MUST give an account to the Governments and the Public in the Region .

It was the Governments in the Region
who the WICBC turned to when they wanted to host the Cricket World Cup
in the Region .

The Governments in the Region , did
their utmost to ensure that the World
Cup was successful ; and it was successful .

I at least expected that the imperialistic behaviour of the WICBC
would change . Sadily that was wishful thinking on my part .

It is high time that the Governments
in the Region stop coddling the Board
and demand in no uncertain Terms that
the Board either shape up or ship out.

The Arrogance of the Board must come to an end . If the goal is to restore
our Players competitiveness in International Cricket .

tops 2020-05-18 01:43:59 

In reply to Courtesy
"Skerritt speaks"
And wah he say?
confused confused

Blackbird 2020-05-18 10:00:17 

In reply to tops
Nothing.
More of the same... Hot air

Drapsey 2020-05-18 16:33:49 

This 'Nican guy Nathan is not cooperating. He had to go and open his Yabba mouth.

Facting spoilsport if you asked me.