The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Doctors kicking down door in COVID19 facility

steveo 2020-05-25 12:21:24 

In Guyana, after patient locks door to avoid being roomed with newly infected patient

This is the practice that has been going on, re-infecting patients that are almost recovered, or fully recovered (but still there because of lack of testing)

Stabroeknews

black 2020-05-25 12:28:58 

In reply to steveo

I am not a Doctor but some Doctors would probably disagree with the accuracy of what is being said.

steveo 2020-05-25 12:32:47 

In reply to black

I am not a Doctor but done Doctors would probably disagree with the accuracy of what is being said.

But you are speaking on the behalf of one??

Anyway, are you saying you have some other news that are contradicting Stabroek News and the video account?

DukeStreet 2020-05-25 22:54:27 

In reply to steveo

Be careful of what you say. The skeptics like Black, Dukes and Co will say you are stirring things up, you have no business of portraying the medical community like that and you are a hard core conspiracy theorist.

lol

black 2020-05-26 00:04:36 

In reply to steveo

Viral load

If you have a high viral load, you are more likely to infect other people, because you may be shedding more virus particles. However, in the case of covid-19, it doesn’t necessarily follow that a higher viral load will lead to more severe symptoms.

For instance, health workers investigating the covid-19 outbreak in the Lombardy region of Italy looked at more than 5,000 infected people and found no difference in viral load between those with symptoms and those without. They reached this conclusion after tracing people who had been in contact with someone known to be infected with the coronavirus and testing them to see if they were also infected.

Similarly, when doctors at the Guangzhou Eighth People’s Hospital in China took repeated throat swabs from 94 covid-19 patients, starting on the day they became ill and finishing when they cleared the virus, they found no obvious difference in viral load between milder cases and those who developed more severe symptoms

steveo 2020-05-26 02:03:23 

Dr Black, if you are recovered and pending testing, as the case in Guyana, there are shortages of tests..

Do you want to risk re-infection to end up staying months and months upon end in the Guyana shitholes?

How many cases in the developed world, people going months and months on end without recovery??

Why is most of the cases in the Covid centers in Guyana like that?

steveo 2020-05-26 02:06:05 

In reply to DukeStreet

Be careful of what you say. The skeptics like Black, Dukes and Co will say you are stirring things up, you have no business of portraying the medical community like that and you are a hard core conspiracy theorist.

Bro, who have not shown their colors of being a tribal hypocrite, have already displayed a mediocre intellect...

Them nah badder me lol lol

Norm 2020-05-26 03:45:52 

Did you really expect better from this illegal government? Anything in its care winds up justifying the US president's "shithole" comment.

They kept the family, including children, of Patient One imprisoned for weeks beyond the usual quarantine period - to the point where the family thought it necessary to distribute a video pleading to be released from what had become their cruel prison.

No other country, in this entire world infected by this virus, has managed to screw up their quarantine arrangements to the point of scornful disrepute. Only the PNC (a.k.a APNU) could have achieved that. Man, Guyana is cursed.

steveo 2020-05-26 13:09:04 

In reply to Norm

Did you really expect better from this illegal government? Anything in its care winds up justifying the US president's "shithole" comment.

They kept the family, including children, of Patient One imprisoned for weeks beyond the usual quarantine period - to the point where the family thought it necessary to distribute a video pleading to be released from what had become their cruel prison.

No other country, in this entire world infected by this virus, has managed to screw up their quarantine arrangements to the point of scornful disrepute. Only the PNC (a.k.a APNU) could have achieved that. Man, Guyana is cursed.

Finally some input from someone following the happenings in the cursed land

DukeStreet 2020-05-26 17:48:27 

In reply to Norm

For the most part, people value your comments here because they are insightful and thought provoking. You last post on this subject is biased and one sided. I am surprised that Black didn't call you out as a conspiracy theorist.

Where is the proof that no other country in the world is screwing up the quarantine arrangements more than Guyana? Do you have evidence or you just pulling things out of the air because you have beef with the values of the PNC?

lol

Dukes 2020-05-26 18:12:33 

In reply to DukeStreet

The skeptics like Black, Dukes and Co will say you are stirring things up, you have no business of portraying the medical community like that and you are a hard core conspiracy theorist.

I am a scientist so I do not talk about things I know nothing about.I could never comment one way or the other about what he posted because I am in Florida and know nothing about it.Unlike some people who are willing to wax lyrical about things they know nothing about, that is not me.That is why you would not see me talking about hockey or curling.

Kay 2020-05-26 18:14:22 

Par for the course ...