The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

EYES WIDE OPEN FOR JAMAICA

Emir 2020-08-02 12:39:04 

A few months ago with the BLM movement (I see this as the continuation of the civil rights era) I began thinking about Jamaica and the shameful fact they still have ties the to white supremacist Queen of England. They are not fully independent as long as that woman is head of their state.

Now, we are hearing that judges ruled against a little black girl who was forbidden to wear her hair in a natural Afrocentric dreadlocks, she now face expulsion from getting an education, just like the days of slavery where education was forbidden and given to only the chosen few who complied with the slave master.

We need to look at the judges in Jamaica, are they form the Afro-Saxon class? If so why?

What about the legal profession? Who are the lawyers, are they Mulatto? If so why aren't there bona-fide Jamaican lawyers?

What about the top schools, who are the students? Are they majority children of the mixed and mulatto class and is bona-fide black Jamaicans excluded?

What about the top neighborhoods? Who live there?

What about the top private sector jobs? Who occupies these seats?

sgtdjones 2020-08-02 12:44:28 

Why not focus on Trinidad and Tobago?

T&T goes to the Privy Council.

My concern lies where two Cabinet Ministers families control almost half of the Government budget, add the Sabga's and see the control percentage?

“How can you have as a country that 34 per cent of the population is black and only 10 significant black-owned businesses. That cannot be right.”Yet,The PNM ruled this country for 50 years

rolleyes rolleyes

granite 2020-08-03 19:05:11 

In reply to sgtdjonesThat fact says quite a lot,I remember High Street in San Fernando had one black business...Calendars Hardware.