No vaccines for most; no vaccination plan
Oxford will give the Dumbass award soon
rolleyes

sudden 2021-04-02 23:03:22 

In reply to Halliwell

How about TT citizens stranded all over the world

bravos 2021-04-02 23:21:38 

In reply to Halliwell

How much it has risen by and what's the current amount of active cases ?

And you want to blame the govt for idiots who insist on breaking simple guidelines?

And If you dont know the figures above I can help you..

Put it this way if Jamaica had our figures as of today they would have 600 and Barbados would have 61 ..

Jumpstart 2021-04-02 23:37:21 

In reply to bravos

Rose by 44. Parasram said the majority of new cases coming from penal victoria county and caroni county. Vaccinations start officially for at risk groups on Tuesday. Jamaica recorded 424 cases yesterday. People need to stop undermining the governmental response with irresponsible behavior

Police had quite a few road blocks today.i was in one and if you see people ticketed for mask wearing violations

Barry 2021-04-03 01:50:12 

In reply to Halliwell

Better countries than this TTshit are in lockdown 3.0.... my legacy believes in puncheon rolleyes

bravos 2021-04-03 01:50:18 

In reply to Jumpstart

Yup and they need to stop undermining the efforts online also....

So Jamaica had 10 times the new cases and are twice time our population,so they want us to open borders keep everything lax and be like Jamaica I see..oook then..I smell sycophantry..

What the latest outta Bim ? Simple arithmetic is fun..

Barry 2021-04-03 01:51:12 

In reply to sudden

How upen borders doing for the closet dyke? big grin

JahJah 2021-04-03 02:21:06 

Trinis obsessed with Jamaica yet again.

DWL.

Until the next episode...

bravos 2021-04-03 03:20:20 

In reply to JahJah

Stop being a pussy..it's just for easy reference and relevant comparison stop being so frigging insecure about Jamaica all the time man...

Jamaicans living good here by the tens of thousands they all on the radio call in programs and all kinda thing professing their love for T&T everyday.

Some always getting in trouble all the time too,you don't hear anyone talking about that..

Nobody on allyuh boy ..

Halliwell 2021-04-03 09:01:32 

In reply to bravos

Different reference stats Bravs

Those countries OPEN
TT is closed!!!

This is a piss poor job- in fact it isnt a job- they’re doing nothing and letting everything happen to them

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 10:48:18 

In reply to Halliwell

Well covid was still in the country up to three weeks ago when we were recording figures lower than 5 consistently. So that means the virus was still in the country despite low numbers. If persons behaved irresponsibly: did not wear masks or wore them improperly, did not social distance, attended private parties, congregated outside bars, congregated after playing a sport and contracted the virus while doing such........then that is not the government's fault. One of the noticeable things mentioned by Dr Hinds and Dr Parasram was that roughly 50 percent if the new infections were asymptomatic people, which is why it is so important to wear your mask

Also, international travel is virtually in a comatose state and business travel is dead, so the open/ closed borders argument is irrelevant

sudden 2021-04-03 10:53:44 

In reply to Halliwell

would this make a difference

Hundreds of Trinidadians in Barbados and other parts of the world are facing a humanitarian crisis that is being blamed on their Government’s refusal to open the country’s borders.

Shara Graham, who is Barbados’ Coordinator for the group T&T Citizens Overseas revealed that scores of citizens from the twin-island republic are finding themselves at the mercy of charitable organisations, public-spirited businesses and generous residents.

The group was formed on various social media platforms to assist stranded citizens trying to get home. The platform is also being used to help those displaced access food, shelter and healthcare until they can be repatriated.

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 11:02:06 

In reply to sudden

There are repatriation flights taking place virtually every week. Whenever there is space at the 4 or 5 isolating facilities, then they bring in flights. If those facilities are near capacity, then we can't bring in anybody. Its how we have been able to keep out dangerous variants or catch them and isolate them at the borders. I do feel for these people but GORTT has 1.3 million people to think about. Also, the vast majority of these people are residents in foreign countries, not persons who happened to get stuck when the borders closed in March last year.

They are running home because the virus has been handled terribly in some of their areas of residence and they want to come back to the relative safety of trinidad. Some of these same people left when Coronavirus arrived because they thought that TTO would be overrun by the virus and went from a warm surface into a raging fire and now want the government to bring them home

Halliwell 2021-04-03 11:45:52 

In reply to Jumpstart

You make many incorrect assumptions above, 2 of which were:
The repatriation flights are for residents who were away temporarily at the time- not foreign resident Trinis trying to ‘escape’
That foreign business travel is dead- it is slow but controlled- a red herring because the discussion is about repatriation from ‘international’

A third one as a bonus: closed borders and active surveillance for a year and quarantining foreign returnees should yield a case count of zero

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 11:59:07 

In reply to Halliwell

Link Text

NO stuck or stranded nationals are being denied entry into Trinidad and Tobago at this time said National Security Minister Stuart Young on Tuesday.

Young said those making claims to the contrary were “rabble-rousers, mischief makers and those who want to be relevant.”

Speaking at a media conference at the ministry’s Abercromby Street, head office, Young said those awaiting exemptions were those who might have been living abroad and were now wanting to return home for whatever reason along with those who left TT after the borders were closed and now wanted to return.

Answers your first question

I beg to differ. And yes people did leave as soon as covid came because i know at least ten persons who left because they thought TTO would be overrun by the virus. The border closure came a full 10 days after the first covid case on March 12th.

Emir 2021-04-03 12:00:44 

In reply to bravos

Stop being a pussy.

You asking "Uncle Tom" to stop being a pussy, well good luck with that. I have asked him to stop hating his own for long time now, but like all Uncle Toms, the scum is hard to change. wink

Emir 2021-04-03 12:01:37 

In reply to Jumpstart

I beg to differ. And yes people did leave as soon as covid came because i know at least ten persons who left because they thought TTO would be overrun by the virus. The border closure came a full 10 days after the first covid case on March 12th.

Correct.

Dukes 2021-04-03 12:13:23 

It is really sad that any discussion of problems in a Caribbean territory is always seen as an attack on that territory and it becomes a territory vs territory argument with nuff heat and no light.
From my perspective quite a few Caribbean countries have handled the Covid-19 crisis poorly and the obvious reasons for this are their reluctance to put science first and deal with the financial fall out after in some cases and in other cases lack of investing in testing and acquisition of vaccines and thoughtful implementation of proper procedures and protocols.The ignorance of the populations and the lack of proper education programs on the radio and TV by the authorities have also compounded the problems.

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 12:33:34 

In reply to Dukes

The ignorance of the populations and the lack of proper education programs on the radio and TV by the authorities have also compounded the problems.

I don't think ignorance is a factor in TTO. Some people, in fact quite a lot believe the virus is a"plandemic", rubbish they get from social media, and refuse to wear masks, wear it on their chin or wear it under their noses, thus making them potential victims of the virus. Some actually believe politicians who say that sunlight kills covid. And this is despite the fact that the Ministry of health has Public Health updates every other day on state television. Its the reason Parasram, Hinds and the very attractive Maryam Abdool Richards are virtually celebrities in TTO now. Those are the three doctors at the head of the response. I'll give you an example. Right now there are restrictions on the length of time a contribution takes in the house of representatives and the senate. This is what a senator was arguing last week

Opposition Senator Damian Lyder claimed there were inconsistencies in the Government's measures against the spread of the covid19 virus, arguing in the Senate on Tuesday for a full return to the pre-pandemic speaking time.

Some people are obviously taking the pandemic less seriously than others and it is those persons in the society: the indisciplined and irresponsible ones who have caused the spike. Not to mention the inumerable vigils they had for women murdered in TT recently, which by itself was comendable, IF the health regulations had been obeyed, which in some cases weren't, mostly those not supervised by the TTPS. Its the reason the Commissioner said that he's not granting requests for vigils and warned religious bodies that the TTPS would be monitoring their services to see if they were obeying the regulations. And of course there are the morons who tell you outright they're not wearing their mask and only slip it on their face when they are near to police

Dukes 2021-04-03 13:15:26 

In reply to Jumpstart

It seems as though our definition as to what constitutes ignorance differs!!!!!

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 13:23:37 

In reply to Dukes

Oh you meant the coloquial meaning.....well yeah

sudden 2021-04-03 13:27:31 

In reply to Dukes

i really hope you didnt expect anything different

Dukes 2021-04-03 13:31:47 

In reply to Jumpstart

lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

I think we focus only on the word education and do not consider awareness.
We all have a significant lack of knowledge in certain areas but it is our awareness of that fact and thus our deference to those who do have knowledge in that particular area that separates the sheep from the goat.
We have far too many people who do not know that they do not know.

Halliwell 2021-04-03 14:20:24 

In reply to sudden

The stranding of foreign nationals is a catastrophe of legendary proportions which should exclude the management team of ever holding a position of public trust and responsibility in like forever- but also this is the Caribbean.

Halliwell 2021-04-03 14:21:09 

In reply to Dukes

I am discussing my field with these guys and they think it’s some UNC plant foolishness.

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 14:52:32 

In reply to Halliwell, Dukes

It is really sad that any discussion of problems in a Caribbean territory is always seen as an attack on that territory and it becomes a territory vs territory argument with nuff heat and no light.

Why is a reference made about a fellow West Indian Country, its constant on this site and has nothing to do with the topic of the original post.

If you do the above the attack will start, from the uneducated ,insecure individuals on this board. I have been the brunt of such for years.

One of my companies manufacture the equipment for such laboratories to make the serum. Canada just announce building a billion dollar plus manufacturing facility with a French firm in Toronto. My engineers are meeting with Department of Supply and Services , Hull ,Quebec in two weeks to supply equipment for such plant, to open in 2026.We supplied the Biotechnology Facility in Montreal a decade plus ago; aseptic conditions.

Canadian Government, Sanofi To Build C$925M Flu Vaccine Facility In Toronto

I am discussing my field with these guys and they think it’s some UNC plant foolishness.

It should be obvious to Dukes and you that these posters are clueless.They just bray, just ignore them. They are clueless that most of these vaccines are only good for about 6 months to a year.
I seen researchers at NRC in Ottawa very nervous about the new strains being mutated.

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 14:54:43 

In reply to Halliwell

Covid 19 is a catastrophe that has lead to the deaths of over 2 million persons worldwide. That is the catastrophe of "legendary proportions"

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 15:09:09 

In reply to Jumpstart

Jumpy

On February 2, National Security Minister Stuart Young said there were no more stranded nationals, rather those awaiting exemptions were those who might have been living abroad, along with those who left TT after the borders were closed.

Young did not respond to a WhatsApp message regarding the humanitarian effort offered to nationals stuck in Barbados.

Newsday contacted Graham on Friday and was told there is currently one person in Barbados, who has been there since February, waiting on approval to return home. The 19-year-old was granted permission to return to TT and made her way to Barbados but could not board the flight to TT because her PCR test was outside of the 72-hour window. She has since been staying at a Barbadian state quarantine facility waiting on a flight home.

If you believe Young , I have a bridge to sell you in Mexico . Rowley and Young are made from the same cloth B S.

Barry 2021-04-03 15:31:21 

Isn’t Socafighter and Canada in lockdown? Jumpy and me went to the beach... borders closed... nuff said wink

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 15:35:37 

In reply to Barry

See how dumb you are, clueless ah tell you , Ontario a province, in Canada , its in lockdown and its limited.
You sure you went to an Ivy leagues school, gotta be to visit someone.
It's the only way you can do such.Hope it was a good visit.

hehehehehe

Barry 2021-04-03 15:42:12 

In reply to sgtdjones

Jadee the one you knew in a biblical fashion went to an Ivy League, not me- I see you are answering to Socafighter now... let me speak to Emir wink

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 15:46:37 

In reply to Barry

Its Saturday ,

Arawak stated he was not happy about buller comments recently , to keep such off this site ..watch your rass.
Why am I conversing with such a dumb Idiot ,
My New Year's resolution was to avoid fools .

So bye bye

Barry 2021-04-03 15:58:41 

In reply to sgtdjones

It’s not a sin you are gay- but I understand cool

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 16:26:58 

In reply to sgtdjones

You have any concrete evidence( not what yuh hear or what yuh parents say) to the contrary?

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 16:35:39 

In reply to Jumpstart

Jumpy....

You have any concrete evidence( not what yuh hear or what yuh parents say) to the contrary?

My parents are dead.....so I can't converse with them , unless Young told you of some method?. Feel free to enlighten me, please?

I have 20 Trini's living on a farm that came with Governments approval , trying to get home and cannot. Young has not given them the permission to do so .
Soon, it will be 12 months.The Jamaicans and Barbadians were allowed home.

Yet, they are C 19 Free, are such concrete evidence?. They and I have written to Young with No response .

Young did not respond to a WhatsApp message regarding the humanitarian effort offered to nationals stuck in Barbados.

Young is as stupid as his ole man, having deal with him on banking matters .I am aware of that family .

I will appraise you when a brief reaches High Court .

bravos 2021-04-03 16:45:13 

allyuh hear...

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 16:47:30 

Bobolee reach

ah gorne , he may want to buy that Mexican bridge I offered Jumpy to do his calculations.

lol lol lol lol

bravos 2021-04-03 16:47:48 

In reply to Emir

JahJah confused...he know T&T little and 'Tallawah' more than Yard....that's hard to accept..yard BIG remember...
confused

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 16:49:48 

In reply to sgtdjones

Yuh mean de farm workers who threatened to sue the government after the borders closed to fullfil their contracts in Canada? Didn't GORTT tell them that they were under no compulsion to bring them back?

A group of seasonal agriculture workers, who travel to Canada annually to work in that country’s farming industry, have threatened to sue the Ministry of Labour and Small Enterprise Development over its failure to facilitate their employment. 

The threat was made yesterday in a letter sent to Labour Minister Jennifer Baptiste-Primus, yesterday morning, by attorney Gerald Ramdeen. 

In the letter, Ramdeen claimed that the workers, who are part of the Commonwealth Caribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Programme, had a legitimate expectation that the ministry would provide assistance by helping facilitate the processing of police certificates of good character, medical examinations, and visa applications. 

“By virtue of the substantive legitimate expectations that have occurred to these workers by the representations of the Ministry and by settled practice, these undertakings are enforceable in law,” Ramdeen said. 

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 16:50:56 

In reply to Jumpstart

Yhh mean de farm workers who threatened to sue the government after the borders closed to fullfil their contracts in Canada? Didn't GORTT tell them that they were under no compulsion to bring tgem back?

No.....

I have 20 Trini's living on a farm that came with Governments approval

sudden 2021-04-03 16:51:00 

In reply to bravos

Sweet. I was going to appraise you of his untruths

bravos 2021-04-03 16:51:36 

In reply to Jumpstart

He's a fruit picker himself..one of them who sold out T&T for false refugee status to pick strawberries peaches and plums in Canada..

bravos 2021-04-03 16:52:13 

In reply to sudden

He wont stop!! He's a rabid liar !! His pants should be on fire..

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 16:55:18 

In reply to sgtdjones

The government has no farm workers outside of TTO with "their aporoval". Tge farm workers threatened to suit the state if they werent allowed to leave to fullfil their contracts. TTO and Canada have arrangement for farm workers to seek employment during the picking season in Canada

Link Text

A group of seasonal agriculture workers, who travel to Canada annually to work in that country’s farming industry, have threatened to sue the Ministry of Labour and Small Enterprise Development over its failure to facilitate their employment.

The threat was made yesterday in a letter sent to Labour Minister Jennifer Baptiste-Primus, yesterday morning, by attorney Gerald Ramdeen.

In the letter, Ramdeen claimed that the workers, who are part of the Commonwealth Caribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Programme, had a legitimate expectation that the ministry would provide assistance by helping facilitate the processing of police certificates of good character, medical examinations, and visa applications.

“By virtue of the substantive legitimate expectations that have occurred to these workers by the representations of the Ministry and by settled practice, these undertakings are enforceable in law,” Ramdeen said.

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 16:55:54 

Its wise to let jacksarses bray and not disturb them.....keep braying folks.

cool cool cool

sudden 2021-04-03 16:56:50 

In reply to bravos

Nevertheless TT must do a better job of repatriating its citizens

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 16:57:17 

In reply to sgtdjones

The defeated always result to insults

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 16:58:36 

In reply to sudden

Donate more quarantine sites to us nah.....im sure GORTT would appreciate the increased capacity. That is ghe biggest problem. When the sites are at max capacity, then we cant bring anybody home

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 16:59:21 

In reply to Jumpstart

The defeated always result to insults

Jumpy, did you see the attacks ...maybe not .lol

You posted the above , you should take some of your own advice

Schuyler said his bunkhouses are winterized, and he's not charging the workers rent.

The community in Norfolk has also stepped up with donations of food and warm clothing, he said.

The farm hasn't housed people over the winter before, so they're figuring out how reliable heating systems in the houses are and buying space heaters for workers who aren't used to the cold.

Trinidadian farm workers stranded in Canada seeking support, trying to find a way home

Some of the above are still here .

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 17:00:18 

In reply to sgtdjones

Is dey decided to go.....threatening to suit the state if they were not allowed to fullfil their contracts. Jamaica had the same issue.
Link Text

Jamaican farm workers who flew out to the US and Canada under the intergovernmental programme signed a waiver indemnifying the Holness administration from liability if they contracted COVID-19

In both cases they knew the risks. And the TTO farm works also knew that the repatriation process is measured and that they may not get home when they want. Everything has a cost

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 17:02:59 

In reply to Jumpstart

Jumpy

Is dey decided to go.....threatening to suit the state if they were not allowed to fullfil their contracts. Jamaica had tge same issue.

Did you talk to any stranded worker ?

They told you the above .

Employment and Social Development Canada told CBC it's working with other federal agencies and consular officials to get the workers home to Trinidad and Tobago as soon as possible.There are approximately 400 migrant workers from Trinidad and Tobago still in Canada long after they had expected to return home, living on farms in Ontario and Alberta. Even if the plane is full on Dec. 28, 260 of them will remain stranded in Canada.

The isolation is difficult. The cold weather is new and unexpected. And with Christmas only days away, frustration and anger are setting in.

A lot of Trini's are taking groceries to them and winter clothes , we chat with them...They don't have money to hire any Lawyer, they sent money home to families.
The Ontario /Canadian Government are dealing with the problem.

bravos 2021-04-03 17:03:00 

In reply to sudden

It's ok am arranging to send my plane for them..

sudden 2021-04-03 17:05:47 

In reply to bravos

Looks like two animals humping. STD owns that? big grin

Jumpstart 2021-04-03 17:07:00 

In reply to sgtdjones

As i posted at nausea.......gerald ramdeen, their attourney threatened to suit the state if they were not allowed to leave in May 2020.

Which goes back to my original point......that they knew the risks

sgtdjones 2021-04-03 17:10:30 

In reply to Jumpstart

Did you talk to any stranded worker ?

They told you the above .

Bye , bye gotta go..... Sunny but cold Saturday a bicycle ride is on .

cool cool

bravos 2021-04-03 17:32:03 

In reply to sudden

Yeah you got me,that's STD's.. redface