The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

UK gifts Jamaica 300,000 AZ doses

VIX 2021-08-01 19:02:05 

Great news!

KINGSTON, Jamaica — The 300,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from the United Kingdom Government, have arrived in Jamaica.

The donation is a part of nine million vaccines being delivered by the UK around the world to assist in the fight against the pandemic.

Encourage your ppl to get the vaccine plz!!

Kay 2021-08-01 19:17:18 

In reply to VIX

While in Canada people steeupsing dem teeth when they hear Moderna ....

Ontario in 'critical' period to use up Moderna shots

Barry 2021-08-01 20:20:54 

In reply to Kay
And the stinking bitches wouldn't give away none

TORONTO -- Ontario pharmacists say thousands of doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are set to expire soon and they warn the supply could go to waste if people don't show up to get a shot.

The CEO of the Ontario Pharmacists Association said some Moderna shots are set to expire in early August, and generally, supply that arrives in bulk must be used up within 30 days.

Justin Bates said a slowdown in Ontario's vaccine rollout and the public's preference for the Pfizer-BioNTech shot have made it difficult for pharmacists to use up the Moderna doses.

velo 2021-08-02 01:43:37 

In reply to VIXi encourage everyone to get vaccinated regardless of what vaccine it is

Chrissy 2021-08-02 01:58:16 

In reply to VIX

Listen -Covid spreading like wildfire again - over 300 today.

Casper 2021-08-02 03:29:23 

I heard some people in the WI are refusing to take AZ, they want the P or the M. I had both jabs with M, same as one of my sons, my wife had both jabs of P, and my elder son had a mixture of P and M.

Now, some countries, like Barbados, are claiming that people who had mixtures of vaccines are not considered as fully vaccinated and must go through their quarantine protocol. The Canadian government is negotiating with them to accept such travellers as fully vaccinated..

In Ontario many people had been encouraged to take the mixture - “to take what you can get”, especially during the period when doses were extremely hard to come by. Many people even had AZ followed by either P or M, after they were reports of some people who took AZ , having experienced blood clots.

In Quebec, the government is offering a third jab option to anyone in the Province of Quebec who had any mixture of vaccines, and who want to travel to countries objecting to two-dose mixtures. In that way they can satisfy such foreign authorities that they are fully vaccinated with .either P or M.

In Canada we have our anti-Vaxxers and others who simply refused to take the vaccine for political reasons, but the numbers are not as significant compared to the USA

Brerzerk 2021-08-02 05:09:05 

The danger of fully vaccinated ppl. crossing borders is real. They could have the Delta virus which spreads like wildfire and is much deadlier. Let's say a vaccinated one arrives n tests negative today but three days later the virus load is high enough to show up, isn't that person a super-spreader?