The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Elon Musk a Saffie?

Drapsey 2021-11-02 17:14:13 

Elon Musk is now 3 times as rich as Warren Buffett and worth more than the GDP of his home country of South Africa

Musk's wealth on the index is higher than the gross domestic product of his home country, South Africa, which totaled $301.9 billion last year, per data from the World Bank.

That might explain some of the (recent) news items about events at Tesla work environments.

Ninetenjack 2021-11-02 17:45:28 

In reply to Drapsey

Born in South Africa, had a Canadian Grandmother so he actually came to Canada first then went California.

Drapsey 2021-11-02 17:48:24 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Thanks.

... not sure how I missed that.

Chrissy 2021-11-02 18:11:15 

In reply to Drapsey
You just discovered that?

Drapsey 2021-11-02 18:56:54 

In reply to Chrissy

Yes, just did. Maybe because I never paid him much attention.

I only noticed now because he is said to have 'surpassed' (Uncle) Warren Buffett in wealth.

trev114 2021-11-02 20:12:24 

Just moved headquarters to Texas

db 2021-11-02 21:04:56 

In reply to Chrissy

Within the past couple days the value of Tesla stock has almost doubled. So his wealth has increased exponentially

camos 2021-11-02 21:55:09 

In reply to Drapsey

Warren Buffett in wealth.

Buffett wealth is more stable , you may find next week Tesla drop 30%.

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 03:30:08 

In reply to trev114
Cut the price of his San Fran Bay Area house by $5m and still can't attract a buyer.

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 03:33:48 

In reply to db
Not surprised, lots of Tesla's have always been on the road here since they came out but the increase since last two yrs. is also exponential. Lots of back orders to fill, with the plant in China nearing completion and Biden's clean-energy bill ready to take off the sky's the limit for him. Tesla is running rings around other car manufacturers who are moving to electric vehicles.

Alan 2021-11-03 04:43:12 

Mysterious dude.Dont know much about the boy.If he came from humble beginnings worked hard used his initiative skills and pay his fair share of taxes I have no trouble with him.Its the parasite rich born into wealth and scorning the rest of us I have a problem with.And hiding their fortunes like STINKING PARASITES in off shore accounts.Not sure about Elon.Which faction he is in.Rest my case.

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 04:54:43 

In reply to Alan
Built himself up through own initiative and genius. Among the Billionaires not paying reasonable taxes. That is not his fault though. I am sure if the rates were higher he'd be paying more even if his lawyers and accountants found loopholes he'd still be paying more.

Alan 2021-11-03 05:18:50 

In reply to Brerzerk
No excuses not paying his fair share.As an accountant I know all the tricks which allow and enable the rich and super rich to escape paying their fair share of taxes.LOOPHOLES.When the rich cheat it is called "tax avoidance" and thats ok.The overriding guiding principle.When the poor do it it is called "tax evasion".The poor are hauled into court.Its Elon's decision what his accountants do.What do you mean "not his fault"?Dont be silly!The corrupt capitalist unfair system ALLOWS THE RICH TO CHEAT.The system are enablers of the rich and super rich to cheat.While us poor mugs have no alternative to pay our taxes.You are not doing very well champ defending your mate Elon.Try again and dont run away champ.
big grin

Drapsey 2021-11-03 19:20:29 

In reply to camos

Buffett wealth is more stable , you may find next week Tesla drop 30%.

I have vested interest in (Uncle) Warren's conglomerate, Berkshire Hathaway, so it's a bit scary seeing the 'displacement'.

Ok guys, it's not like I'm a big investor in Berkshire Hathaway's stock, I simply work for one of the subsidiaries. smile

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 19:33:20 

In reply to Alan

lol it kina useful fi know when one agreeing wid yuh? Is it his fault that corrupt pols make legislation knowing there are loopholes in deh? If Bezos paid tax at 30% he could still afford to guh a space and would still if even for PR purposes still donate the same amount to charity as he does now.