The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Let us Prey for THree Life Sentences

Chrissy 2021-11-02 18:32:30 

What a set a criminals!

Christian radio host sentenced to three life sentences for Ponzi scheme bilking millions from elderly listeners
William Neil “Doc” Gallagher, 80, and his Gallagher Financial Group advertised on Christian radio with the tagline, “See you in church on Sunday.”
A Texas radio host was sentenced to three life prison sentences Monday for a Ponzi scheme in which he bilked elderly listeners out of millions of dollars.

William Neil “Doc” Gallagher also got a 30-year prison sentence from state District Judge Elizabeth Beach for his August guilty pleas. The sentences are to be served concurrently.

The sentencing came after more than a dozen senior victims testified during a three-hour court hearing about losing anywhere from $50,000 to $600,000 invested in the Gallagher Financial Group. Some said they had to sell their homes, borrow money from their children or take part-time jobs to supplement their Social Security benefits.

“He ruthlessly stole from his clients who trusted him for almost a decade. He amassed $32 million in loss to all of his clients and exploited many elder individuals. He worked his way around churches preying on people who believed he was a Christian,” Varnell said in a statement.

embsallie 2021-11-02 20:44:47 

In reply to Chrissy

Like the play on word.
Some here will accuse you of misspelling the word.

He worked his way around churches preying on people who believed he was a Christian,

Now that should be the other "prey".
The irony of it all. One "prey" is simply interchanged with the other.

big grin big grin

Toney 2021-11-02 21:21:56 

In reply to Chrissy

If I though you meant Pray I would have asked to whom "Atheists" like you should pray.
lol lol

Casper 2021-11-03 00:05:54 

In reply to Toney

lol lol That’s why Chrissy was smart to say “prey”. She outfoxed you. lol

Chrissy 2021-11-03 11:29:25 

In reply to Toney

I used the correct word- he preyed on those people like most of these criminals posing as Xtians