The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

I thought it was very silly of Biden to declare

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 02:45:01 

'We're gonna win' in a race showing tight polling and a surge for the Repub. It will now project weakness and he has to be careful not to be a 3yr. lame-duck. Virginia is not California Joe.

Casper 2021-11-03 03:50:45 

What’s wrong with that? It had no influence on the vote.

Trump lost a presidential election and a year later still says he won.

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 04:40:26 

In reply to Casper
Predicting a win and losing weakens you as a leader, makes you seem clueless

XDFIX 2021-11-03 10:36:30 

In reply to Brerzerk

Weaker than Carter, Biden doesn’t project strength on any front. Pulling out of Afghanistan the way he did was his Waterloo, not to mention the current border situation! America runs on optics!!

sudden 2021-11-03 11:09:37 

In reply to XDFIX

Gimme Trump any day. Lies, insults, half truths and dishonesty along with comedic outpourings will win all the time

camos 2021-11-03 13:04:18 

In reply to Brerzerk He went to rally support, that is what supporters wanted to hear, from the moment the president had to visit the state it indicated his candidate was in trouble!

hubert 2021-11-03 13:13:11 

In reply to camos
The DEMS are in trouble all over .Although Biden is an Empty Suit, he is not alone now..all the Dem Big whigs including Obama
were all over Virginia ..They are clueless with ''sh..ty agendas that are not in tune with America,especially white America. They
never learn and never will.
Trump was their ace in the hole in 2020..he was that disgusting.Dems need to retool or they will be lost in the jungle
for a long time come next year..they can thank Bernie, a non Democrat too for his pie in the sky influence on the Party.
Real pocket book issues are still the best planks for American voters.

Wuh loss.

smile smile

sudden 2021-11-03 14:06:18 

In reply to hubert

Interesting…what should be their message Hubie?

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 14:20:30 

In reply to hubert
Maas Hubie this was the BATTLE Dems can still win the war in 2024. If they play smart they'll win the bigger

battle next yr. and properly secure 2024. Remember even after Christie refused Fed money to repair the

tunnel and other Repub Govs. refused Obamacare money Dems still held on to the presidency.

The problem of course is their strategy. I don't think for instance there are enough African-American

women in all of Fla to help a Val Demmings beat a Marco Weaklingio. In fact Dems will lose some so-called

'Independent' votes simply because the senate candidate is a black woman. Thank God Warnock will have a

weak opponent in Herchelle

hubert 2021-11-03 15:28:56 

In reply to sudden

More than message it's implementation .of their plans..get whatever deal monetarily and spend it stagegically.something they have rarely done since LBJ.
People in many States are hurting and they should tap into aiding people effectively and keep their constituents fully engaged.

The DEMS are engaging in discussions that the majority of people who vote,whites, are totally against or have no interest in. These are red herrings
and distracting and not worth it..They have too slim a majority in CONGRESS to be sidetracked. Talk is cheap if you can't produce. In the current situation where
COL is steepling because of very high gas prices, what is the RULING party's strategy ? Climate Change rhetoric ?. What people would like to see
is an immediate reduction of the cost of gas and some strategy ,even short term should be a priority..One thing Empty Suit could do is tap the
RESERVES to help out especially now that there is no active war.

The DEMS are not tapping into the pulse of the people as much as the REPUBNUTS.The latter has a far better grasp of what interests the People.
A divided Democratic Party with numerous agenda has very little to counter their opponents.
Do something tangible NOW and let the people see results.

In fact the less the DEMS talk,the better.

Losing Virgina governorship is a huge blow. A 12point margin lost in just 12 months is something we ion the Yard would say'''Take sleep mark death'.
NJ is also a 12 point swing and the governor there may also lose..

sudden 2021-11-03 15:42:24 

In reply to hubert

May need to bring back Dr Howard Dean. I found he was quite effective at running elections

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 15:50:11 

In reply to sudden
Yep, Jamie needs Dean's help the national strategy is what's needed. Win Midwest n at least another southern senate seat and sideline Man-cheat and Sin-enema.

carl0002 2021-11-03 16:11:02 

The DEMS are not tapping into the pulse of the people as much as the REPUBNUTS

And what is the pulse of the average Repugnant - Angry politics, critical Race theory and cultural war and lies. Thats it for the Republicans, how do you tap into that. However there is wide appeal for the BBB plan, things that improve peoples lives, only that Democrats fighting two republicans in their ranks to get it done. If only they could market it better.

Fantom 2021-11-03 16:12:00 

In reply to Brerzerk

Virginia in the last several elections goes to the opposition party of the President. A Democratic win would have gone against history.

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 16:22:12 

In reply to carl0002

Convinced US is a right of center country. As soon as people are comfy they turn to cultural issues and 'othering' When faced with loss of property (Post both Bushes) and loss of life (post Chump) they turn to Dems to fix things. Soon as they feel safe again they forget. Youngin's out-doing of Trump in the suburbs is from 'Independents'.

Tryangle 2021-11-03 16:29:46 

Found this interesting thread on twitter.

This is not a thread about why we need a third party, this is a thread about the problem is, and always has been, structural and ideological whiteness.

White backlash is a real thing, but it’s not the far right who does the backlashing. It’s the self-identified white “moderates”, “centrists”, “suburbanites”, “swing voters” (and their various other euphemisms) who rush to defend white supremacy when they feel threatened.

Sep 21 - G Floyd Justice in Policing bill stalled

Oct 21 - Build Back Better bill drastically cut, stalled

Nov 21 - Republican wins VA gov race running a blatantly racist campaign about school curricula

Today - (finger quote)Moderates(/finger quote): “We’ve gone too far w/ the race equality stuff”
//

hubert 2021-11-03 16:45:15 

In reply to sudden
Or Carville..But even that probably not work. The Dems need Unity first of all and real
action rather than noise.They are too splintered ad as we know ..one hand can't clap.

VIX 2021-11-03 17:13:10 

Murcans and murcan immigrants should be thankful Biden could even form coherent sentences. lol lol

#murca

Dukes 2021-11-03 17:14:37 

My take on politics in America is quite different from everyone else on this thread.

1.Simple rule of politics in America is Republicans win when there is low voter turnout and Democrats win when there is high voter turn out.

What that means is when black and brown people turn out,Democrats win.This will get increasingly obvious as time goes by because the birth rates of black and brown people is significantly higher than that of whites and this has been so for more than 30 years.In addition migration within the US to states like North Carolina,Georgia and Virginia has changed the electorate to a more Democratic friendly electorate.

However the problem is that elections for the state legislature and State Senate are ALWAYS LOW Voter turnout elections so that in ALL the purple states and some BLUE states the Republicans control both state Houses.It is in the state houses where legislation for running elections is passed.

It is not accurate to suggest that it is Biden's policies that resulted in low voter turnout in Virginia and New Jersey, because at the end of the day it is Democratci voter apathy that is a constant bug bear of Democrats.

Dukes 2021-11-03 17:26:45 

I hope I am not overloading you guys but another factor is the US Constitution and in particular the Senate.A state such as Wyoming with about 600,000 people has 2 Senators while California with more than 40 million also has 2 Senators.

Since 1992,Democrats have gotten more votes than Republicans in EVERY SINGLE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION except 2004
That is 1992,1996,2000,2008,2012,2016 and 2020.
Why did Republicans get more votes in 2004?
THE 9/11 FACTOR!!!!!!!

I got a lot more facts but I will stop there.

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 18:03:04 

In reply to Dukes

All great points but the one on Senatorial representation if not properly addressed can be a double-edged sword. California should certainly have 4 senators but so too would

Texas have about 3. Worse depending on how the lines are drawn one of California's 4 would be a Repub. They got more votes in 2004 because Karl Rove ensured the gay marriage issue was on the ballot in key states such as Iowa. Socially conservative black voters who were and still are against that shunned Dems at the top of the ticket. That is how Kerry lost Ohio, Ohio, Ohio and Fla, Fla. Fla. All about cultural wars when your policies actually screw the people. How will turnout of Brown n Black people help DEMS in lily white Wyoming and other Midwestern areas?

Ridge 2021-11-03 18:07:22 

After nine months Democraps rebelling already.

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 18:11:10 

In reply to Tryangle

White Moderates-“It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation. Not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people who sit around and say, "Wait on time.”

Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.”

― Martin Luther King Jr

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 18:14:00 

In reply to Ridge

That is much better than having Moscow Mitch grinding everything to a halt. Country n people be damned if I can't have absolute power to do my narrow agenda.

hubert 2021-11-03 19:14:29 

In reply to Dukes
Your point about high turnout is still the case. But not as decades ago however. That was more true when there was a small independent voting block.
Their growth in numbers, mainly from disaffected Democrats means that they are now moving towards holding the balance of power in many States.
There are still way more registered Democrats throughout America, but they doi not vote in high numbers in mid terms and in off year elections
as we have just seen.
The Repubnuts know this and that is how they have capitalized in gaining Goevernorships and others to control State Governments. Since the States administer election protocols and rules,it gives them a great advantage in gerrymandering and VOTER Suppression measures and denial by Law.

This will play out in the next mid term 2022 when the Reupblicans using the New and recent Census to their benefit will take the House for sure,no matter
how great the turn out is among Dem supporters in several States. The Repubnuts know how to belittle the Dems' numbers by redrawing the Boundaries
in the Districts/constituencies.
Statewide races for Senators and President is managed by Voter suppression/denial tactics that are already playing out. They have to deny certain
demographics their right to vote. it is open secret and in the wrost situation, they have the Supreme Court in their back pocket to rule in their
favour and will for the forseable future. It is not a pretty picture.
Gore v Bush is likely to play out again in the near future as this particular Supreme Court is militantly Republican. That is my greatest concern.
Plus if the Senate is lost next Mid Term, it is likely that Biden will not get a Supreme Court justice.
Republicans have as their main agenda to control America.That has been their mission for decades and it is looking more and more like reality.
I am not optimistic that it will not as the alternative party ,the Democratic always find a way to self destruct and exhibit weakness.

Dukes 2021-11-03 19:49:14 

In reply to Brerzerk

Worse depending on how the lines are drawn one of California's 4 would be a Repub.

?????????
Senators are voted for by the entire STATE.

Dukes 2021-11-03 20:07:25 

In reply to Brerzerk

How will turnout of Brown n Black people help DEMS in lily white Wyoming and other Midwestern areas?

Michigan,Wisconsin,Pennsylvania,Minnesota,Ohio and Illinois all have significant black and brown voters and Barack won them handily twice.
If you then add California,New York and other reliably blue states you get to 270 quite easily.

I have looked at the Demographics closely over the past 20 years and that is why the Republicans are so desperate because it is going to become increasingly difficult for them to win once we get out and vote.However we just drop the ball all the time with voter apathy.
In 1980 whites made up 88% of the electorate.They now make up 69% and every 4 years it drops by 1-2%.
Also whites born after 1980 are more Democratic than whites born before 1980.

Stacy Abrams has clearly shown it is all about TURNOUT,TURNOUT,TURNOUT!!!!!!!

Brerzerk 2021-11-03 20:43:28 

In reply to Dukes
Oh, I thought on that factor you were dealing with The State Houses n Gov issue.
Notice in NC when Repubs lost the GOV. before the new term they passed a host of laws which made the new Dem Gov. almost impotent. Dean's 50 state strategy must be a real aim. I am looking forward to Arizona reliably joining Oregon, Wash. Cali n even Nevada (thanks to Hotel Unionized workers) to create a Western wall.

hubert 2021-11-03 21:47:13 

In reply to Dukes

Key words...apathy..and Turn Out Turn out. Happens everytime..NJ has nearly 3/4 1million more Dem registered than RepNuts yet the Governor is barely scraping home.

When woill they ever learn.

XDFIX 2021-11-03 21:50:34 

If the Dems were united and blast that $3.5 Thrill, Republicans would be stunned. However, they were disunited and everything petered out to where they are now!

I would lay the blame for the defeat at the feet of the right-wing Manchin and Sinema!

That said, Terry ran a poor campaign in terms of messaging!

America runs on optics!

Dukes 2021-11-03 23:18:50 

In reply to XDFIX

Can you name another Democrat who could win a Senate seat in West Virginia?

XDFIX 2021-11-04 00:06:56 

In reply to Dukes

Natalie Tennant - she has strong name recognition on that side of the pond! The fact of the matter is Democrats must mobilize and organize to win! I do not subscribe to view that because the State is red it can't become blue or vice versa!

An astute politician can always rise above the odds!

Brerzerk 2021-11-04 00:50:08 

In reply to Dukes
I made an error, what I should have said is depending on where in the state the senator is seen to be representing (e.g. in Cali Feinstein is considered our Northern Sen and Padilla our Southern) apathy could cause low Dem interest or high Repub interest if a Sen is considered to be for a certain area.

We have open primaries here and campaigns based in certain sectors could knock off a Dem if ppl. in high population centers don't tick their boxes along with others in the party

Alan 2021-11-04 02:05:09 

Old senile cricket captain Biden "declared" because he thought he had enough runs on the board.It turned out to be a mistake.The batsmen in GOP made a lot of runs in a second innings....oops ah just being a jackass as usual.

lol lol lol

Dukes 2021-11-04 11:58:08 

In reply to XDFIX

Can you name another Democrat who could win a Senate seat in West Virginia?

YOUR RESPONSE

Natalie Tennant - she has strong name recognition on that side of the pond! The fact of the matter is Democrats must mobilize and organize to win! I do not subscribe to view that because the State is red it can't become blue or vice versa!

An astute politician can always rise above the odds!

MY RESPONSE

Tennant ran for the Senate in 2014. The seat was open after incumbent Democrat Jay Rockefeller announced his retirement. Tennant lost to Republican Representative Shelley Moore Capito in the general election, losing every county in the state. The 34.5 percent won by Tennant was the lowest ever by a Democratic nominee across the 38 U.S. Senate races in West Virginia history.

XDFIX 2021-11-04 18:00:24 

In reply to Dukes

Please do ruminate on this

Dukes 2021-11-04 18:39:07 

In reply to XDFIX

So you see her as a future Lincoln?????

Some people who have had repeated failures have eventually become wildly successful.More people who have had multiple failures, have ended up as total failures.
This woman not only failed but did so quite spectacularly.
You have not provided any evidence to show us why you think she will be successful in the future and until you do so my opinion about her will not change.