The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

So, I tried to buy 5 pieces of those little chicken

black 2021-11-20 12:03:45 

wing drumettes yesterday and they were going to charge me a whopping 8 bucks, this is getting out of control.

Drapsey 2021-11-20 13:14:40 

In reply to black

Where did you go, Aldi?

8 bucks look like a bargain.

black 2021-11-20 13:31:54 

In reply to Drapsey

lol lol

No, it was at a convenience store but the price was half that much a few months ago.

8 bucks look like a bargain

Five Drumettes is a snack

Five drumsticks is a meal

I know you know the difference. lol

VIX 2021-11-20 14:41:49 

In reply to black

Time to start rearing some fowl! lol lol

black 2021-11-20 14:59:55 

In reply to VIX

It's just temporary, I remember a few years ago when eggs were expensive for awhile.

Dem juiced up chickens reach maturity in weeks.
lol

bravos 2021-11-20 15:10:21 

In reply to black

6-8 weeks and if you don't process them they start getting too heavy for their own feet and start dying off. My dad had a mega poultry farm..eggs are another story, you can get any yellow yolk you desire with chemicals.. ..

We still have it but not fully operational like in the glory days when he would move hundreds of thousands of heads weekly.

black 2021-11-20 15:40:53 

In reply to bravos

I didn't know you were an expert on chickens.

You sound like Frank Perdue. lol

Halliwell 2021-11-20 15:43:29 

In reply to black

4-5 weeks now with the best genetic lines
For smaller farmers to compete with that, while growing up less robust lines, they inevitably have to flood the market with smaller birds. Cheaper to feed smaller birds for shorter durations

black 2021-11-20 15:50:53 

In reply to Halliwell

Cheaper to feed smaller birds for shorter durations

But consumers want big KFC breasts. lol

And, wouldn't that go against the need for jucing?

So the money is made based on how many birds the big guys can put out in a year?

DukeStreet 2021-11-20 16:05:49 

In reply to black

You can try dem mountain chicken. I hear they have tough skins but taste just like the real ting.

lol

bravos 2021-11-20 16:54:00 

In reply to black

Lol dad did big things and was into various food manufacturing and processing businesses.. cool

Most farmers were raring for big processors at say $1 a head in those days and a few like my dad were raring for companies and himself and also processing..the market dictated how big the chickens got in those days...smaller birds meant they were barely keeping up with demand..

Big big birds meant there was a glut..

There were days dad literally used to have millions cash and cheques in his car with him..

When there were shortages the big processors would contact him and negotiate and then send trucks upon trucks to buy out his grow out..not to mention the scores of miscellaneous buyers from small poultry shops etc...

Brerzerk 2021-11-20 17:05:25 

In reply to Halliwell
Kentucky 3-4 now. Bet other franchises use some of those too. Man buy a chicken season it n put it in the oven 45'50 mins. whole watching TV nah