The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

VERY NEGATIVE FANS- NO FAITH, FRIVOLOUS AND FICKLE

Emir 2021-11-23 02:56:54 

It is sad to see how "fans" are finding new lows to criticize our players in SL and prior in the just concluded t-20 WC.

In SL our boys are fighting and making a hard fight at it despite all the odds. But the "fans" in here remain ungrateful for their efforts

How quickly they forgot we landed in a strange and unfriendly country with no warm up matches, an angry host country, poor food and plenty rain. And to add insult to injury, we are up against a country that legally doctor pitches to blast out visiting teams.

But I for one will stay grateful for the effort the boys are giving, every wicket and every run I am proud off it.

I am proud of the fight they are putting up and I predict we will come close to SL first innings score.

cupid20d 2021-11-23 05:14:10 

In reply to Emir

I am proud of the fight they are putting up and I predict we will come close to SL first innings score.

Wishful thinking

Chrissy 2021-11-23 05:36:03 

In reply to Emir

First aim save the follow-on - - Holder gawn now - we bed another 13 rubs
Truth is the team is ordinary.

natty_forever 2021-11-23 06:41:58 

In reply to Chrissy

Been ordinary for awhile now! Would be less so if they played Roach and Seales instead of the falling Angel and the Warcannot. For Dukes, and Hety for Hopeless.

tops 2021-11-23 08:04:52 

In reply to Emir
"angry host country, poor food"?
What evidence do U have to support this? To B honestly, all the Sri Lankans I have interact with here in Canada, they R a very hospitable people...
I don't C them inviting the WI and being an angry host, and giving poor food to our boys.
But then, our cricket manager/physical team, aren't they responsible for food?
Knock the fans all U want, but U don't have to put down a Nation to bring home yr point, unless U have evidence to support yr claim. razz

Windiesfan78 2021-11-23 09:50:44 

In reply to Emir

I have supported the West Indies since I was 4 years old. It has been almost 4 decades that I have been a fan and I have witnessed the stesdy decline of our cricket. Over the years, I have been bitterly disappointed with the way I have seen my team throw matches away to the point I made up in my mind that they weren't good enough. I believe like me, a lot of fans have become guarded. My mindset when it comes to the W.I is not to expect that much. That way, when they disappoint it doesn't hurt as much. When the lads do well, it makes the victory feel so much sweeter.
Having said that, I am glad to see that we avoided the follow-on.

And to add insult to injury, we are up against a country that legally doctor pitches to blast out visiting teams.

What do you expect from the opposition, conditions that suit our players. The onus is on our team to be prepared. As for the comments about Sri Lanka being an unfriendly place with poor food, where is the evidence for this? Did you speak to any of the players?

velo 2021-11-23 10:06:13 

putting down another country with rubbish assertions to build up another one is just plain stupid just say you want the wi to do well

Drapsey 2021-11-23 11:04:20 

In reply to natty_forever

Been ordinary for awhile now! Would be less so if they played Roach and Seales instead of the falling Angel and the Warcannot. For Dukes, and Hety for Hopeless.

And Bonner remains the forgotten one. Not a single mention anywhere.

In the field we used all of 8 bowlers, and the (former) allrounder was not among them.

natty_forever 2021-11-23 11:48:34 

In reply to Drapsey

If he keeps making low scores...

natty_forever 2021-11-23 11:52:53 

In Bangladesh the pitches were slow, we could play spin on the back foot. Here the pitches have bounce allowing for the ball to come on a little quicker, I'm here wondering. If so a different approached should have been communicated. Well at least Mayers got it.

P.s. where is Sir Lara when you need him. big grin

Emir 2021-11-23 11:55:04 

In reply to Chrissy

First aim save the follow-on

We did!!! and I see this as an accomplishment because, as you said "Truth is the team is ordinary."

Another reason why I am grateful for their effort and won't cuss and insult the players and coach when we don't win

Emir 2021-11-23 12:01:20 

In reply to Windiesfan78

Over the years, I have been bitterly disappointed with the way I have seen my team throw matches away to the point I made up in my mind that they weren't good enough

And you are not alone but is this reason to cuss and insult the players and coach, bring out insularity and in the case of some "Indo" Guyanese bring our racism like other "fans do."

If we accept poor management from all levels including from regional governments, globalization, the media and certain aspects of our collective culture have all conspired to keep our cricket down, then we can accept our team is ordinary but still appreciate them for their efforts.

No?

googley 2021-11-23 13:53:57 

In reply to Emir

in the case of some "Indo" Guyanese bring our racism

you just couldn't resist throwing that one in, eh! Speaks volumes!

doosra 2021-11-23 13:56:29 

In reply to googley

actually that is what he wanted to say right from the start but don't have the balls to big grin

Narper 2021-11-23 14:04:11 

In reply to tops

Knock the fans all U want, but U don't have to put down a Nation to bring home yr point, unless U have evidence to support yr claim

Come on Topsy....this racist CLOWN ever have any evidence for the drivel she writes.

Whe she re-joined this board with a new handle about 10 years ago she said she was 89 years old.... she is 99 nowbig grin big grin big grin big grin

Windiesfan78 2021-11-23 14:06:03 

In reply to Emir

I don't respect racism of any kind for starters. I also don't believe in being mean because I would not appreciate if I was on the receiving end of it.

However, I am not going to pat them on the back when they play poorly. I am very passionate about the team I support and win or lose, I will always be a W.I fan.

VoopsandOut 2021-11-23 15:07:15 

look at the scorecard and you will see that the guys are fighting. They got the last 7 Lankan wickets for just over 100. Our last 3 wickets put on 110. We supporting them all the way because they are showing that they are trying to punch above their talent!

Windiesfan78 2021-11-23 16:57:22 

In reply to VoopsandOut

Yup, that's all we can do. One thing I must say is that this current team really has a fighting spirit, unlike some in the past that just seemed to turn up to lose.

bird 2021-11-23 18:03:27 

In reply to Emir
25 years of garbage cricketers and garbage administration what the hell do you expect

VoopsandOut 2021-11-23 19:40:52 

I would really like to see daSilva batting higher up the order. perhaps he should have come in while Mayers was there and JaHO and Cornwall held in reserve. He does not yet have the experience to guide a No. 11 like Gabriel

Chrissy 2021-11-23 22:12:01 

In reply to natty_forever
T&T has long rejected British titles - Brian Lara TC is good enough!

VoopsandOut 2021-11-23 22:16:42 

In reply to Chrissy

No longer TC, Chrissy. I think it is now OTT or something of the sort as the non christians objected to the Cross.

sudden 2021-11-23 22:22:40 

In reply to Chrissy

Like Prime Minister and judge and DPP etc big grin

Emir 2021-11-23 23:40:21 

In reply to Narper

So poster "Boils" calling me racist rolleyes

Emir 2021-11-23 23:46:35 

In reply to googley

you just couldn't resist throwing that one in, eh! Speaks volumes!

Well I will continue to say it because it is the truth- and I said SOME. (NOT ALL)

Now if you can disapprove what I am saying go right ahead but when some in your "Indo" community refer to the WI cricket team as "West Africa" and when those same people keep accusing the WI cricket team as racist and when they get upset when Viv said the WI cricket team is a proud black people, you tell me if some in your community are not racist and that racism is not directed to White folks but to Afros.

Halliwell 2021-11-24 17:17:13 

In reply to Emir

Trust the process big grin

sgtdjones 2021-11-24 17:42:24 

In reply to Halliwell

Fuzzy missing with his positive comments about the bajes....

cool

Emir 2021-11-25 12:33:46 

In reply to Halliwell

I trust the coach and the work he is doing. I recognize the players have an uphill battle in test cricket because of the rotten political system that governs test match cricket.

For once, CRICINFO's Mongia had it right in his article yesterday about NZ. He made the point I made a few days ago about how the big three make sure to get 3 warm up matches and 3 weeks to get acclimatized when touring.

Our players do not have the system in place yet they are giving it their best and if "fans" cannot appreciate them for it, then I say those "fans" should go away, we don't need them.

Let the "Indos" go support India and the insular misfits go support "mother England."

WIfan26 2021-11-25 14:21:21 

In reply to Emir

You do understand that you're in the same league as bolls with your racism right!!!

You clearly lack any sort of education and for that I pity you!!!

I hope you seek the help you desperately need!!!!

Maispwi 2021-11-25 21:50:28 

In reply to Emir

How many warm up matches did South Africa and Pakistan get when dey toured WI this year?