The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Blackwood and Silva...

Onionman0 2021-11-24 08:53:55 

In the 1st inning, Blackwood dropped an easy catch of Karunaratne on 15....went on to score 147.....In the second inning, Silva failed to call a plumb LBW on 28....both times Cornwall... Piss poor on the part of Blackwood & Silva... West Indies paying heavy price...just take out 147 of Karunaratne runs in the 1st inning....both teams at par...

VoopsandOut 2021-11-24 16:41:24 

In reply to Onionman0

nobody was in front of the wicket to appeal the LBW chance? Where was the bowler???? perhaps Silva saw where the ball was heading and decided that it was not worth appealing.

Onionman0 2021-11-24 16:52:15 

In reply to VoopsandOut

Cornwall did appeal big.....but Braithwaite asked for Silva opinion...Silva opined ball pitching outside leg .....it was basically plumb....

Ninetenjack 2021-11-24 17:00:25 

In reply to Onionman0

Da Silva said "If it pitched in line he is out" per Fazeer, so one can only assume that he wasn't sure if it pitched in line. West Indies need to have a protocol as how they convince the captain to take the review. Either its the bowler that says I am sure it pitched in line or the wicketkeeper, if neither are sure then the captain decides on the punt depending on the batsman and the number of reviews remaining.

For me I would have reviewed since it was Karunaratne.

VoopsandOut 2021-11-24 17:05:27 

so Silva wasnt sure. Dont know if he can bear blame for that. Sounds like it was Cappo's decision not to review in the end if one player appeals and the other one says he is not sure.

Cricket_101 2021-11-24 19:37:08 

Never knew Silva has x-ray vision eyes from behind the stumps to see ball hitting batters pads plump.
C’mon man… big grin