HEADLINE: CWI hoping to give Chris Gayle a proper send off against Ireland at Sabina Park

Pages: previous  1  2 
link tops Joined: Jan 12, 2003
11/26/21, 9:58:13 AM 
In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com
lol UB, when U bwaad U bwaad!
A who dem come foh C? big grin big grin lol
W I D H? razz

link hubert Joined: Nov 13, 2002
11/26/21, 12:23:09 PM 
In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

I must have read the following somewhere in a dream.

Since you have so graciously acceded or bowed to my whim and fancy
of a farewell match,I now must make it pelucidly clear the terms
of this unique situation.

So far you have agreed to the correct venue, Sabina Park in my home country, Jamaica
but to a white ball game to be played against Ireland. Who ?.

In order for this meet the standard associated with my status as the Universe Boss,
has to be of the top tier internationally and the attire must be white. While Ireland could
satisfy one of these with a special Test match by foregoing a couple white ball games, they
qualify on the second more critical requirement.

You see, although I have excelled in both white and red ball,my International career
was built on my accomplishment in the red ball variety of the game in which I am one
of only four men in the history of the game to have multiple innings in excess of 300.
I would like to go out in the style I entered, adorned in white with a red ball match which
the best opponent should be England and the month, March of 2022.

You see I have decided this for several appropriate reasons.It should not be
difficult to arrange such a Test match.

As of Tuesday midnight, Barbados will no longer be a British subject and should not be
accorded favourable status as a MUST venue for England's game. Their Test match, they already have
been allotted most of the GAmes for the England tour anyway.

That Test match should be shifted to Jamaica which has and will remain the largest most populous
country in the hemisphere and British subject with The British Royalty being the Head of
State.

Now that Brrbados will no longer be Little England,but Big Barbados,that honour of preserving the CROWN fall securely
within the Domain of Jamaica which will have unbroken lineage for 366 years as LOYAL Subjects of The British Crown.
That should count for something.A price must be paid and moving the Test match should be a first step

Also, by playing this Test in Jamaica or perhaps all Three Tests, it would afford me the
opportunity to record an unprecedented Third Triple in Test cricket and perhaps remove Patsy Hendren's 329 as
the Highest score on the ground by an Englishman..

My portrait on the Sabina Wall is not for show only but will be suitably embellished
with such accomplishment as befitting the Universe Boss and Milky Way Bully.

Additionally, I was at the helm the last time we engaged England and we humbled them at Sabina
on the way to reclaiming the Wisden Trophy .Unfortunately we lost it when the Previous Board
accepted a last minute invitation to tour England within months and we were sent to the North of that
country to play Tests in Wintery conditions and duly succumbed lost permanent possession.

England must not be allowed to play in friendly confines which they dictate, making us visitors
in our own home. Hostile territory such as The Yard, must be the venue for them where we
can exact suitable revenge and usher the UB into welcomed and appropriate retirement.

After all, you know who is still the best opener in these parts and having seen an
Experiment with Blackwood in the just concluded Test in Sri Lanka,
it is more critical that UB is re-engaged to make things right as we redress the sorry state of
our batting at the top.

In, as a red ball cricketer ,out adorned in white.We must notch the Viv-Botham Trophy as tribute to
another luminary, IVA and our best chance is win at Sabina and make the Region joyful as they should be.

See to it.

This is my final answer, maybe .

link Kay Joined: Jan 31, 2015
11/26/21, 12:41:02 PM 
In reply to hubert
I would like to go out in the style I entered, adorned in white with a red ball match which
the best opponent should be England and the month, March of 2022.

Come on man .... you are a big sellout.smile

One format at a time, the UB also has that request in his master plan

link sudden Joined: Nov 26, 2006
11/26/21, 1:04:31 PM 
In reply to hubert

you have gotten to the crux of the matter big grin

11/26/21, 1:26:30 PM 
In reply to Kay

You are a bad man

smile

11/26/21, 1:26:50 PM 
In reply to sudden
Hope so

big grin

link tops Joined: Jan 12, 2003
11/26/21, 1:47:37 PM 
In reply to hubert
big grin Be careful what U wish for. big grin
The WIDH may accept yr suggestion. 😁🤣

link Windiesfan78 Joined: Oct 19, 2021
11/26/21, 2:15:21 PM 
In reply to hubert

I believe you should be a sports writer. I look forward to your next column. big grin

11/26/21, 6:41:31 PM 
In reply to Windiesfan78
I was for much of my younger days..Not good any more.But appreciate the compliment

sad

link Ewart Joined: Mar 4, 2005
11/26/21, 7:46:54 PM 
In reply to Windiesfan78

He was!

One of the best!

//

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2