Strange Thanksgiving

link hubert Joined: Nov 13, 2002
11/25/21, 6:23:42 PM 
It is my favourite American holiday but for the first time in over 35 years, I am
at home All by myself.. Son is at his home three blocks away enjoying his crowd and Cowboys football..Daughter in Detroit
suffering another hard loss as the Lions suffered another close loss. She is still enjoying her job with the Lions though.
But she had her Mother,the wife , with her at the game,to give comfort .

And I am home relishing leftover veggies and fish ,sipping homemade juices and passing the time enjoying country music...Merle Haggard,Gene Watson, George Jones, Waylon Jennings,Willie Nelson and the man in black et al.

All appetisers for later with Bob Marley,Peter Tosh all Rock Steady Icons of Classic Jamaica sounds to sooth and pleasure throughout the night.
Sure to sleep well. Aint bad to be by myself sometimes..though not ALONE. Haven't cranked up the stereo in a while too.
I am blessed and I give Thanks to the Supreme One.

Nice smile

link HumbleCalf Joined: Jan 8, 2007
11/25/21, 6:39:03 PM 
In reply to hubert

You are welcome!

link sudden Joined: Nov 26, 2006
11/25/21, 6:59:03 PM 
In reply to HumbleCalf

Welcome by you? big grin

11/25/21, 7:55:47 PM 
In reply to sudden
He's something,aint he ? Defines Humble.

big grin big grin big grin

Reminds of a joke we heard in our bouhood days at a time when Rastas were not oo common or popular with their dredlocks
in Jamaica. This lady was walking down town and took a sharp turn on the street near a market and walk smack dab into a Rasta....Frightened she bawled out ''Jesus Christ '.
The Ras calmly put his finger to his lips and told her '''shhhh.."Tell no one that you have seen the I " and gingerly
strutted into the Coronation Market.
Jamaica ..that was then.

smile

link Brerzerk Joined: Mar 15, 2021
11/25/21, 8:21:20 PM 
In reply to hubert

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
I think many of us are having a strange one. I too am having a somewhat 'different' yet enjoyable one and with only a company of 1.I usually take and serve about 60-100mls at People's Park in Berkeley then come home to our crowd. This yr. I didn't even drive up and drop off a crumb.

link Curtis Joined: Dec 3, 2002
11/25/21, 8:23:44 PM 
In reply to hubert

Very nice Hubert! Solitude is welcome sometimes. Especially with turning up the system.

Turn Up the disco and blast full watts

link Curtis Joined: Dec 3, 2002
11/25/21, 8:31:09 PM 
In reply to Brerzerk

One for reflection brother

11/25/21, 8:31:15 PM 
In reply to Brerzerk
Sometimes age is a factor ..Things and time change as they say..never plan on this either
its unreal ,,Usually have my nephews and nieces from all over ,,especially New York ..coming for
the occasion as i do almost the cooking..Great times...but I can get used to this too.

And I not blaming Covid for this ..we all fully vaxed and boosted. Just enjoy it my friend
As I type I am playing the last George Jones song ''Grand tour',,,onto Bob and Yard music till tomorrow.
lol lol

11/25/21, 8:31:55 PM 
In reply to Curtis

Yes Sir...Having a blast.

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink