The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Flying the Canadian Flag wrong . . sigh

Barry 2021-11-26 00:46:42 

Paul Millions emailed to say a Canadian flag at a Durham Region facility on Bayly St., west of Westney Rd., in Ajax, is flying on the same pole as the white-and-blue Durham ensign.

“I thought the region would know the proper way to fly a Canadian flag,” said Millions, adding he’s seen the same thing at other Durham Region facilities.

We went there and found the Durham flag flying beneath the Maple Leaf at the Bayly St. sanitary sewer pumping station, with the lettering on it facing backwards to the street, a second mistake.

Link Text

No. 2 indeed big grin

Barry 2021-11-26 00:53:16 

US Residents tell Canadians stop displaying you flags

I was amazed and dismayed by the Feb. 1 front page story about the incident with the Canadian flag at the Japanese Garden Mobile Estates. Contrary to the claims attributed to the principals in the story, their actions do not represent a display of patriotism but simply lack of civilized behavior of hosts toward their friendly visitors. If these same people were living abroad, would they not be proud to display their American origin by showing a U.S. flag on their homes? After all, this is an accepted practice throughout the world. In a number of countries which I have visited I have seen many American flags proudly displayed in front of American Express offices and U.S. citizens' private homes.

Dave Otmar, St. Petersburg

Link Text

bravos 2021-11-26 21:56:19 

In reply to Barry

Savages. redface

Barry 2021-11-26 23:00:59 

In reply to bravos
indeed

lol

Barry 2021-11-27 00:00:41 

Canada is Number One
Link Text

According to Canadian emoji use, ours is the land of guns, eggplants and smiling poop.

"Canada scores highest for interests some might consider more 'American', including guns & violent emoji (1.52% vs .97% avg), money (.47% vs .25% avg) and raunchy humour (.28% vs .14% avg)," the report reads.

big grin

MarLonJ 2021-11-28 02:40:39 

A national flag is one that signifies and symbolizes a certain country. It is flown by the government of that country, although its residents can also fly it. I concur. The display of the national flag is a symbol of pride and patriotism.