Covid hits - how many you know tested positive?

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 
link Walco Joined: Jun 21, 2008
1/19/22, 4:21:16 PM 
In reply to DukeStreet
Not castigating boss. Just stating the facts. But the others I mentioned are welcome to make the same acknowledgement.

Natural immunity is a risky path though because a significant amount of people who are infected and recover from Covid do not get natural immunity. What do we say to this group? Yuh safe because if you had Covid and survived then you will survive the next infection? Then, of course, there is the increased risk of myocarditis and other potential after-effects from being infected with Covid. I have a friend whose eyesight worsened so much after a bout with Covid that she had to get a new prescription for contact lenses.

1/19/22, 4:22:32 PM 
In reply to Curtis
Great ton Curtis!!! Well played smile

link DukeStreet Joined: Dec 1, 2002
1/19/22, 6:32:34 PM 
In reply to Walco
Natural immunity is a risky path though because a significant amount of people who are infected and recover from Covid do not get natural immunity.

Why is it risky and what sources do you have to confirm this? What percentages of naturally immunized Covid people are not really immunized? State credible sources?

1/19/22, 7:17:28 PM 
In reply to DukeStreet

Why you asking me for sources? Do your own research man. The information is out there ... Sorry, I could not resist that one smile smile smile

But I find it very rich that you are asking me for sources after you made the following statement recently without citing any support:
Many other data suggest the rates of myocarditis from the vaccines are much higher than those from Covid.

Anyway, here is a study which found that mild covid infection produces a weaker and therefore less protective antibody response Defining the features and duration of antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2 infection associated with disease severity and outcome

link Curtis Joined: Dec 3, 2002
1/19/22, 7:19:05 PM 
In reply to DukeStreet

Banna,what was the death count and rate before vaccines became available?

Didn't you see that rate drastically decrease after vaccine rollout?

People will die regardless. Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease etc will take the usual toll. Vaccinating may or may not help these Folks. They may get vaccinated but they will still die.

1/19/22, 7:20:27 PM 
In reply to DukeStreet

Banna,what was the death count and rate before vaccines became available?

Didn't you see that rate drastically decrease after vaccine rollout?

People will die regardless. Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease etc will take the usual toll. Vaccinating may or may not help these Folks. They may get vaccinated but some will still die due to their overall pre-covid health.

link voiceofreason Joined: Jan 19, 2004
1/19/22, 8:38:49 PM 
In reply to Curtis
Covid positivity rate and the death count here in the BVI up since the vaccine rollout. That has been the case worldwide. We have gone from 0 covid to 2000 in the first waive and now lose to 1500 in the 2nd wave. We had 1 death before the vaccine rollout and 47 since. Go figure.

Australia 90% inoculated and just had its worse death day of the pandemic.

1/19/22, 8:50:47 PM 
In reply to voiceofreason

Yes, but those were the late catchers. Look at US, India, Brazil, Italy, UK.

1/20/22, 5:02:16 AM 
In reply to Curtis

I could go dig up the rates for you but just on a short note, the availability of the vaccines + natural immunizations have helped decrease the death rates for all. Granted, covid cases have increased but the mortality rates have dropped. That, you cannot deny.

1/22/22, 12:11:34 PM 
Boris J sees the light at end of tunnel, hopefully it's not the oncoming Southbound subway train.

If he's right it could be start of Liming Season. lol lol lol lol

Boris was on the ropes holding on to his jab just a few days ago.

1/22/22, 12:40:54 PM 
In reply to Curtis
It seems to me that someone embroiled in a political scandal relating to failure to follow covid protocols would have a strong incentive to get rid of those protocols, thereby suggest that they were unnecessary in the first place. I hope this move does not blow up in his face because it will be the British people dying, not Boris and his band of cynical politicians.

1/22/22, 1:00:52 PM 
In reply to Walco

Politicians are shameless sometimes, although I hope in this he's right, not for him but the larger population.

How could he make such a broad declaration, where's the evidence?

link XDFIX Joined: Mar 1, 2003
1/22/22, 1:06:34 PM 
In reply to voiceofreason

So dash weh the vaccine, it nuh good?

link analyst-kid Joined: Feb 21, 2003
1/22/22, 1:59:42 PM 
I am NOT advocating boosters. I am just saying they are pushing boosters when they are not needed due to the weaker variants, etc

This is what has me puzzled. I just watch CNN and they advocating the booster shots over just two shots for Omnicron.

I remain unvaxxed and had the Delta variant....lasted 14+ days of fatigue sometimes nausea, loss of appetite, loss of smell.....the length was a nighmare to me.

Omnicron max five days...sometimes three....described by its sufferers like a cold....sounds like Paradise to me who had the Delta.

WHY WOULD I NEED BOOSTERS FOR SOMETHING AS MILD AS THAT?

1/22/22, 3:26:02 PM 
In reply to analyst-kid
Zactly. But the hexperts will tell you that you need boosters because it's better to be "safe" than sorry. They need to quantify that Internet-derived safety measure.

Every single person I know who had Omnicron has recovered. They have antibodies also but again, the hexperts will tell you the antibodies may be too weak to last etc when multiple studies have shown natural immunity is superior and up to 13x more effective than acquired immunity, in most cases. Oh, they will pull out other studies showing a different story but we all have seen the various narratives so it doesn't really matter.

cool

1/22/22, 10:48:56 PM 
In reply to Walco
Researches will beget researches but...the big and bad almighty CDC now is coming out to finally admit that natural immunity is actually superior to acquired immunity. Well, that mirrors what I had said before and what the Israeli study indicated but the CDC had historically hemmed and hawed about it.
CDC Study: Natural Immunity Provides Significantly More Protection Against COVID Than Vaccination Only

I hope this dun the whole debate of natural immunity vs acquired immunity. Story dun and the CDC finally rolls over to admit it. Geez.

rolleyes

link carl0002 Joined: Apr 15, 2003
1/23/22, 1:32:50 AM 
In reply to analyst-kid
I thought Omicron booster is for people with compromised immune systems or severe underlying conditions. But I could be wrong.

1/23/22, 8:08:41 AM 
In reply to DukeStreet
Welcome back from the dark side Duke. It is encouraging to see you citing reliable sources instead of those Russian and right wing fringe sites. But perhaps you just pick and choose what you want to believe from the CDC smile
A CDC study found in August 2021 prior to the Delta variant's dominance that
among people who were previously infected with SAR-CoV-2 ... unvaccinated individuals are more than twice as likely to be reinfected with COVID-19 than those who were fully vaccinated after initially contracting the virus. These data further indicate that COVID-19 vaccines offer better protection than natural immunity alone and that vaccines, even after prior infection, help prevent reinfections.

Now, in January 2022, a CDC study conducted while the Delta variant was dominant found that
those who have recovered from COVID-19 have more protection against infection than those who have only been vaccinated.

This same recent CDC study cautions that it covered a period prior to booster shots and before the omicron variant became dominant. In view of the fact that the omicron variant produces milder disease than the delta variant, and previous studies have found that mild covid disease produces a less robust antibody response that more serious or severe disease, how confident are you that a CDC study conducted now that omicron is dominant will find that the immune response for fully vaccinated and boosted people will be inferior to the immune response for people who are infected with omicron?

1/23/22, 9:00:03 PM 
In reply to Walco

Looks like CDC finally coming around. Their weak study paled in comparison to the multiple studies by the Israeli researchers, irrespective of the before and after conundrum the CDC concocted. What a bunch of fence sitters and obfuscating jackrasses, these CDC people. Boy, I tell you, every time they come out with a new study, it is always different from what they had before.

lol lol

1/24/22, 8:59:38 AM 
In reply to DukeStreet
You did not answer my question, but I get it now. The Covid-19 virus has not changed since early 2020, so the CDC should have been saying the same thing about covid from early 2020 into eternity. But the CDC's incompetence got it talking out of both sides of its mouth smile

1/24/22, 5:09:10 PM 
In reply to Walco
Yeah, CDC been talking out both sides of their mouth and neck for eternity. Nuttin new.

lol

1/24/22, 5:56:07 PM 
In reply to DukeStreet
And let's not forget that jackass Anthony Fauci. We would all be better off if he had ignored all evidence to the contrary and stuck to the story that covid was no more dangerous than the flu and it could easily be eliminated with a little ultra violet light and bleach smile

link Ninetenjack Joined: Dec 9, 2002
1/25/22, 2:15:56 AM 
Two questions

The January 6 Ontario stats showed the positivity rates at 102.10 for the fully vaxed and 78.12 for unvaxed (over 30% higher for fully vaxed), why are the fully vaxed catching Covid (supposedly Omicron) at a higher rate?

Second Question
If the vax protects you from getting seriously sick, and if we can use folks in hospital as a proxy for being seriously ill, why do the fully vaxed make up almost 70% of the positive Covid cases in Ontario hospitals?

1/25/22, 6:25:14 AM 
In reply to Walco

That's the theory of fools you are posting. Shame on you for believing in such malarkey. On the other hand, Fauci has been caught lying on sooo many occasions, it would take a whole nother thread to list his jackassery. Don't even bring fauci into this discussion. He is one big forking joke. LOL

lol

1/25/22, 7:10:52 AM 
In reply to DukeStreet
By all means FIRE FAUCI!!! We will do your own research and draw your own conclusions. Our judgments are much better than a guy who has studied this stuff his entire life and is widely considered the most knowledgeable person in the United States on this subject. We smarter than he smile

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  next