The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Jared Kushner's book " Breaking History"

sgtdjones 2022-08-30 00:59:59 

Jared Kushner's book " Breaking History"

The book opens with Kushner’s experience of his father’s incarceration. Charles Kushner pleaded guilty to witness tampering, tax evasion, and making false statements to the Federal Election Commission. He was sentenced to two years in prison. Chris Christie, who would later serve as New Jersey’s governor, was at the time the U.S. attorney who prosecuted the elder Kushner. Jared Kushner refers to it as a “private family feud,” which happened to include some sordid antics involving a videotape of Jared’s uncle sleeping with a sex worker hired by Jared’s father — who had the juicy recording sent to Jared’s aunt. Kushner says he was angry at his family, his father, his father’s lawyers, and one other person: “I was angry at Chris Christie, who knew my father had been a major backer of his Democratic rivals in New Jersey.”

Many Critics' reviews will go down in English and book review history as one of the most brilliant and hilariously accurate ever written.Critics' take on this book gives it exactly the tone and reverence it deserves - a literary piece of garbage. A fifth grader could write better, and some of Kushner's paragraphs are so poorly written they are cringeworthy at best. Kudos to such reviews, which saved many people wasting time reading this mess. I've always been (and remain) confident that reading a book by Jared Kushner would be a total waste of time, as it was bound to be a self-serving and shallow piece of fiction. I even hesitated reading some reviews, but I needed a few oh-so-desperately-needed good laughs with its clear-eyed look at Mr.Shallow Shenanigans.A real estate heir who happens to unwrap lots of Hamburgers beside this Grifter Donald. Does he really admit to eating such? If so, he is not keeping kosher. It’s one more piece of evidence that he’s a hypocrite. No wonder he gets along with Donald. It takes one to know one. A true act of bravery would be to make sure he never set foot in the WH again. Well deserved criticism like referring to the Jan. 6th insurrectionists as Patriots, getting fast tracks to trademarks in China, and making up to 680 million working in the White House." bravely" you say? I would call it smugly.Ivanka, like her inept husband and father, carried herself as if she was above it all. She was the "special advisor" who never stopped any of her father/president's abuses. And committed some of her own, like using her position to promote her line of clothing. America should Pick its heroes more carefully.

Best of all was his unnecessary and embarrassing reflections on that chummy lunch at Bono's house. He just HAD to mention that Bono and Geldof were there, as were Rupert and Wendi (first name terms, obvs), and of course, Billy Joel. It's worth reading again, just for the laugh: "On that Sunday, we were having lunch at Bono’s house in the town of Èze on the French Riviera, when Rupert stepped out to take a call. After lunch, Billy Joel, who had also been with us on the boat, played the piano while Bono sang with the Irish singer-songwriter, Bob Geldof." Nothing, I mean NOTHING, could make him look more of a twat. Nothing could more effectively assist the public in their understanding of what Kushner is: he's a soulless, willfully ignorant, obviously incapable, and overwhelmingly arrogant irrelevance. He broke up with his wife before they were married; she wasn't Jewish. The Murdoch's finally got them together.Let's hope he disappears along with the rest of his family. Good riddance!

Writers that contributed to the New York Observer, rue the day Arthur Carter sold the weekly to Kushner for 10 million dollars. In 1992, the New York Observer had a talented editorial team: Graydon Carter was at the helm. Elise O'Shaughnessy was the editor. Both moved on to Vanity Fair. When it fell into Kushner's hands, years later, it was all over, never to recover. Destroyed

"Breaking History” Kushner peculiarly selective appraisal of Donald J. Trump’s term in office." The artless dodger that is narcissistic Jared is captured to perfection in marvelous metaphors, It’s obvious that Jared has led a charmed life as a child of privilege and was able to trade on his family’s name. Of course that didn’t happen to Hunter, Chelsea, et al. And, all other children of the rich and famous earned their way into Harvard, Yale, Stanford, etc. Jared's Father made a donation that got him into Harvard.

The book sounds like a ghastly, bumbling account of what his strange little self-centered mind thought was reality, so he probably wrote it himself. That's one up on his wife's father. Jared made policy and sold access and government secrets to American enemies. (What's the problem bit of little murder and dismemberment if you can make some money on the side?) So this privileged son played in a realm people with good sense and decency would never have allowed him to enter. You're right, though, the offspring of the privileged more often succeed on position than merit. And wouldn't it have been nice if Jared had been happy with running his father's scummy businesses and stayed in New Jersey? There, his mediocracy would have been hardly noticed and done far less harm.Jared worked with the most powerful liar in American history, how can he be believed?Jared is a walking, talking joke of a human who is all the more hilarious because he believes his own press so utterly.

Jared Kushner was a self-styled PEACE NEGOTIATOR and a contender for NOBEL PRIZE for peace between Arab and Israel. What is more astonishing is that a person like Alan Dershowitz with his big brain and reasoning goes with him. The secret service gave Jared the code name" Mechanic" its an interesting choice. I think that “The Borg” is a more fitting moniker, since everything Jared touches dies and/or is destroyed.I'm pretty sure any criticism leveled toward the ex-president's daughter could easily be attributed to her own decision to be complicit in her daddy's grifting. Jared "Bravely stood up to withering criticism of her because of her father." What? She got criticized because like her father she is a materialistic and narcissistic zero, a person interested only in her own "brand" and aggrandizement. She was given a position in the White House that she had done absolutely nothing to deserve and was the very caricature of nepotism. How can you feel sorry for her? That entire family threw America off a cliff. Remember, from amateur politicians, ahem-- big-time operators like the 45 family members-- we ought not to expect exemplary historical texts. Bound to be some flaws, since everyone in that family is so busy polishing up their own actions & interpretations.Grifters got to grift, what else would they do to make a living?

It is literally impossible for a book to be "earnest" and "soulless". They are polar opposites of each other. Reading his terrible book is also a great service done by critics for the rest of us. This book review is like Zofran for the soul. Some have managed to expose this execrable, ghost-written dross with humor while avoiding the direct and personal criticism that the 'author' properly deserves. That critics were able to get through the entire thing is commendable, and the assessments of it were a delight. They read 500 pages at great risk to sanity so that we don't have to. My problem is the condescending tone which plays directly into the Trumpeters' perspective on representatives of the "Elite". I don't know what qualifies as an "Elite" member but the fact that reviews appear with American Newspapers Seal of Approval effectively makes that point moot. Such newspapers are snidely stroking themselves in their echo chamber and helping to contribute to America's current political discord. Perhaps Jared could submit his book as a dissertation to Trump University.

Anyone who paid to buy and read this book, Why?

References:

Breaking History
A White House Memoir
By Jared Kushner

The Washington Post

carl0002 2022-08-30 04:14:22 

The man is a cyborg, you really expected him not to write a book like someone with artificial unintelligence.

sgtdjones 2022-08-30 14:23:07 

In reply to carl0002

Trump is recommending in an email to his supporters to purchase the book as the price plummets.

cool

carl0002 2022-08-30 14:44:42 

In reply to sgtdjones
The entire fambily is a pack of grafters in some shape or form. DT Junior wrote another piece of garbage then got the RNC to buy a million copies and used it to fund raise from the MAGA supporters. That one purchase put it on the best sellers list. Not sure if the cyborg Kushner will be getting a RNC deal but who knows.

googley 2022-08-30 20:52:37 

In reply to sgtdjones

I wonder if BeatenBalls bought a copy? lol lol

BeatDball 2022-08-30 23:54:57 

In reply to googley Received an autographed copy & done a-read-y! Fool stop.

cool
big grin

birdseye 2022-08-31 00:19:15 

In reply to googley

I wonder if BeatenBalls bought a copy?
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

sgtdjones 2022-08-31 02:09:20 

In reply to googley

Got autographed copies for the bwoys in the barber shop also.

lol lol lol