The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

"BRITISH GUIANESE WELCOME" THE QUEEN, LARGE CROWDS BOWS TO LIZ

Emir 2022-09-10 02:11:49 

Link Text

Watch this video, then answer this lil quiz:

Who were the progressives back then?
Who called for the boycott of her visit?
Why did Forbes orchestrated the visit?
Why did so many Guyanese back then viewed the Queen as near GOD like

ray 2022-09-10 02:21:47 

In reply to Emir

why you don't haul yuh skont?

sgtdjones 2022-09-10 02:25:20 

In reply to ray

why you don't haul yuh skont?

Why does he have this anger at Guyana...did some Guyanese horn he rass?
They viewed the Queen the same way in T&T....

Rowley stated that after reigning for 70 years, the Queen has left a lasting legacy for the people of the UK and the world.
“The prime minister recalled the promise that the Queen had made at the age of 21 when she pledged her life to the service of her people. That promise was refreshed on her Coronation Day when she asked for ‘God’s help to make good that vow... I do not regret, or retract, one word of it’,” the release stated.

It noted that Queen Elizabeth visited Trinidad and Tobago on several occasions, the most recent of which was in 2009 to participate in the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting.“The prime minister said that although Trinidad and Tobago gained its Independence and later became a republic, this country recognises the lasting legacy of Her Majesty,” stated the release.

Watch his hero bow to the Queen Rowley

Watch Eric Williams walking behind the queen

Five places in T&T named after title of the Queen

Chrissy 2022-09-10 02:25:52 

In reply to Emir
Including my parents

lol

Emir 2022-09-10 02:29:49 

In reply to Chrissy

And, when she came to Trinidad, I was there, I didn't bow but our mind-set back then was one of hope that the empire would see us a equals- you csn say we were damn fools but these people remain evil.

granite 2022-09-12 15:38:05 

In reply to Emir

Last night I looked at a programme on BBC about South American countries,it started with Guyana but the people interviewed had nothing good to say bout their politicians,the Brit interviewer asked a shop owner, "people could all be rich in a few years,"it was pointed out Guyana could be the richest country in the world,the Guyanese then said only the politicians will get rich.It appears the people have no trust in the politicians.Surinam was also ful up ah oil,natural gas etc.More amazing was a Afro Surinamese who bought some landout in the jungle and started prospecting for gold,he now earns $800000 US every month,he showed how quick he can find a piece ah gold,within a few minuted he found a piece worth $75 US,many say he is the richest man in Surinam.He sometimes throws thousands of dollars from his Helicopter to poor villagers,he also has loads of children with many different women I'm so sorry for him.French Guyana looks like part of France lovely place,those places will be up with many of the bigger countries,they are all underpopulated and people will soon be looking to settle in such places,if i was younger I would've left my beloved England.

smile smile smile

granite 2022-09-12 16:23:09 

In reply to sgtdjones
Didn't she visit with her fadda when she was quite a young girl,the place was eventually called Princess Town after her.

Halliwell 2022-09-12 18:30:38 

In reply to sgtdjones

And T&T will be represented at the upcoming funeral of late UK monarch at Balmoral Castle in Scotland.

I hope them chupid Trinidadians ent go up Scotland when the funeral is in London big grin

sgtdjones 2022-09-12 21:28:57 

In reply to Halliwell

I hope them chupid Trinidadians ent go up Scotland when the funeral is in London

Look we talking about Trini's here, one is never sure of what a Trini will do....

So I am prepared....

lol

Acid 2022-09-13 12:32:22 

In reply to granite

Didn't she visit with her fadda when she was quite a young girl,the place was eventually called Princess Town after her.

1. It is Masculine plural (PRINCES Town) not Feminine Singular and has nothing of relevance to Elizabeth as the name of the town was made in 1880

2. At the St Stephen’s Anglican Church on Lothians Rd/High Street (which is a part of the Naparima Mayaro Road) junction Prince Albert and Prince George (he became King George later on and they named the park across from the Queen’s Park Oval “King George V Park” after him) planted 2 Poui Trees (Still existing today and is a landmark in Princes Town). The town was called Mission of Savana Grande but after the Princes visited they renamed it “Princes Town” at the date I listed in 1 above

sgtdjones 2022-09-13 14:16:59 

In reply to Acid

What about St Charles , just after Usine Ste. Madeleine Sugar factory (Naparima Mayaro Road)
Did King Charles visit here...

Acid 2022-09-13 15:07:18 

In reply to sgtdjones

Actually “St Charles (pronounced Saint Sharl)” and “Sainte Madeline” are from the French history of Trinidad and Tobago vs British

St Charles and (“et” in French) Ste. Madeline are part of the “Usine” area. Usine means Manufacturing Plant in French and that is where the Old Caroni Sugar Mill/Plant was located. At the end of that district is “Mon Repos” which means “Resting Place” in French and was one of the stops on the Train Track at the Bypass. Incidentally that is where the housing projects are as well.

Halliwell 2022-09-13 19:30:02 

In reply to Acid

Skool dat sarge
He siddong in the escarpment and want to tell Trinis their own history! lol

sgtdjones 2022-09-13 20:29:27 

In reply to Halliwell

Hey you

I was born in ST Charles, 3 houses from the bridge,( Grand Father's house) one of 5 he owned in that village on the way to Princess town.
My Grandfathers brother owned half of Princess Town.(1940's) Sigoolam Complex today.

Now you want to know another famous one born in ST Charles ...Sonny Ramadhin.

A famous one visited Moruga ...Columbus.Then I grew up in Moruga.

See I can learn ya...

lol

tc1 2022-09-13 21:19:11 

In reply to Emir

are you going to remove all the Spanish influence in TnT too?

Acid 2022-09-13 21:21:22 

In reply to Halliwell

The man just admit he born by the Seepay river.

sgtdjones
Men will start calling you Sgt Seepay

Your family own half the Town and you still saying “Princess?”

sgtdjones 2022-09-13 21:27:05 

In reply to Acid

I have never heard of the Seepay River?
No river exists in St Charles. Just an old Railtrack now gone.

rolleyes

If you look in the back room I posted a Thread called :

The British Royals are a toxic inbred den of backbiting and racism

They are a bunch of Anglo Saxon inbred mutts

sgtdjones 2022-09-13 21:33:42 

In reply to Acid

Your family own half the Town and you still saying “Princess?

Why is it called Princes Town?
The fort was completed in 1683 and was renamed Fort Fredericksburg in honor of Prince Frederick William I, Elector of Brandenburg. Because the fort was named after a Prince, it has been referred to as Princes Town.

I said in The 1940s the Uncle owned such...today it is a diversified business

Barry 2022-09-16 11:27:20 

In reply to Emir

What is your land of disbelief? confused

nickoutr 2022-09-17 22:05:16 

In reply to Emir

Why did so many Guyanese back then viewed the Queen as near GOD like

KYS you mistake the Queen with Janet Jagan

big grin big grin