The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

SA: Typically unprepared for English conditions

Jumpstart 2022-09-12 18:56:58 

as seems the practice with most teams making very average side seem very good.....this is the same team that was hammered by the Aussies and beaten by the WI

StumpCam 2022-09-12 19:38:28 

In reply to Jumpstart

as seems the practice with most teams making very average side seem very good.....this is the same team that was hammered by the Aussies and beaten by the WI

So, IOW Australia, England and West Indies won in their conditions??? razz

Jumpstart 2022-09-13 02:59:47 

In reply to StumpCam

i now see why most of the Caribbean fails English every year

KTom 2022-09-13 09:15:15 

In reply to Jumpstart

I'm with Stumpcam.

Typically unprepared for English conditions as seems the practice with most teams
is what you wrote. If you had meant to include England, you would have specified away conditions in general.

I heard that South Africa turned down the offer of a warm-up game between the second and third Tests. I understand if they wanted to rest their bowlers because they have another tour starting shortly, but their batsmen could certainly have used some match practice.

Jumpstart 2022-09-13 13:29:46 

In reply to KTom

which is why i mentioned most teams.....most teams that hammer england away look awful in their conditions.......which obviously comes from a lack of preperation

tc1 2022-09-13 21:11:01 

In reply to Jumpstart

you always have to stay from the facts, the present England team is not the same that come to the WI, the fast-bowling attack was missing - Anderson, Broad, Robinson and Wood.

KTom 2022-09-13 21:58:12 

In reply to Jumpstart

And England are only hammered away by very ordinary teams due to home advantage.