The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

"WHAT D POLICEMAN CAN DO"

Emir 2022-09-18 05:15:57 

Ophelia Williams, 60, of Kansas City, has alleged under oath in a 2020 deposition that former Kansas City, Kansas police Detective Roger Golubski sexually assaulted her in 1999 when he was investigating her 14-year-old sons in a double homicide. (Tammy Ljungblad/Kansas City Star/Tribune News
Ophelia Williams testified that former police detective Roger Golubski sexually assaulted her in Kansas City, Kansas, in 1999. Photo: Tammy Ljungblad/Tribune News Service via Getty Images

“I CAN’T BELIEVE HE DID THAT”: RETIRED KANSAS CITY DETECTIVE CHARGED WITH KIDNAPPING AND RAPE
Roger Golubski has long dodged allegations that he framed suspects and engaged in a pattern of abuse. Will his victims finally find justice?
Jordan SmithJordan Smith
September 17 2022, 7:00 a.m.

OPHELIA WILLIAMS’S NIGHTMARE began on August 8, 1999. It was sometime before 7 a.m. and Williams and her children were asleep in their home in Kansas City, Kansas, when she was awoken by a loud banging on the front door. Williams put a housecoat over her nightgown and went to answer it. Outside was a gaggle of police officers with a search warrant. She let them in.

They were there, she learned, to arrest her twin sons, then 14, who were accused of murder in connection with a robbery gone wrong. As the officers fanned out for the search, a detective named Roger Golubski stood with Williams in her living room. Her 12-year-old daughter was by her side. He introduced himself and looked her up and down, she later testified in a deposition. She was uncomfortable and asked if she could change into some clothes. No, Golubski told her. She moved to the couch and sat down, crossing her legs, “and he said, you got pretty legs,” she recalled. She was worried about her sons, and here was Golubski, commenting on her appearance. “I didn’t like that at all,” she testified. “I thought it was inappropriate.”

Link Text